radicalrainbow

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your Discord username?):
radicalrainbow

How old are you? (Optional):
I am 19 years old!

What is your time zone?:
Central Standard Time

Describe your activity on the server:
I am active at least 1 to 3 hours practically every day, with very rare occasions in which I’m not. I often get on when I’m more available, which are nights! I often play with my friends or simply wander the server and ensure I am taking my classes to keep up with my characters.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
I’ve been banned for ERP for 13 days around July of 2022. I have very much learned from my mistakes and would not do something like that again. I have been through a lot of changes within the past year, and due to it, I’ve matured in many ways because of it. You don’t have to worry about me making the same mistake twice!

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I acknowledge, understand, and accept this fact! I do believe this is a fair standard of discipline, but I do not believe this will have to apply for me at any point.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
I am applying for the Library position in the Education faction.

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
I am expressing my interest in the librarian position within the school faculty, a role that encompasses a range of responsibilities dedicated to fostering a positive and respectful environment among students. Within the library, librarians play a pivotal role in facilitating access to resources. This involves the issuance of library cards to students upon payment and the provision of books to those making requests, contingent upon the presentation of a valid library card for book lending. Ensuring the timely return of borrowed books is a critical aspect of the role, with a one-week grace period (out-of-character) or a one-month timeframe (in-character) provided for students to return their borrowed books.

Librarians serve as invaluable resources for book recommendations, necessitating a profound understanding of the library's extensive collection and literature. Leveraging their access to and maintenance of the library catalog, librarians provide comprehensive information about a diverse array of stories and genres.

Beyond their interactions with students, librarians actively collaborate with the faculty, contributing to the organization of library shelves and offering resources to teachers. This collaborative approach underscores the librarian's integral role within the broader educational community. In essence, the librarian is entrusted with comprehending the library's diverse collection and ensuring its pivotal role as an indispensable source of information for everyone in the school seeking knowledge. I am enthusiastic about embracing these responsibilities with dedication, aiming to contribute to the effective functioning of the library and its positive impact on the school community.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
Since becoming a member of SRP, my approach to roleplay has shifted from one-on-one interactions to a more versatile and inclusive style, allowing me to engage with a diverse range of characters. Whether the storylines are planned or unfold organically, each has left a lasting impact on the characters I portray, shaping them through conflicts, friendships, and memorable moments.

The expansive world within the server grants me considerable freedom to explore and immerse myself in roleplay at any time, day or night. The active player base ensures constant engagement, adding to the flexibility of the experience. Over the past few months, I've consistently spent at least an hour or two online every day, taking occasional breaks. I've become a recognizable figure and server artist, contributing my time to the server. My interactions vary based on the character I embody, and I've continually refined and molded each one to enhance my overall roleplay experience.

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction?:
After spending over a year on this server, I have developed a strong desire to deepen my involvement and contribute more actively. To ease into this progression, I believe joining a faction would be an ideal first step before considering roles like the event team or moderator.

Opting for a faction provides an opportunity for a fresh roleplay experience beyond being a student or an animal. Having frequently found myself in the school library during school hours, I've observed the positive impact of librarians on the community. Their welcoming demeanor has inspired my interest in becoming a part of that role.

While initially contemplating a role as a teacher, my external perspective on interactions with teachers, coupled with my inclination to learn rather than teach, led me to consider a simpler yet impactful school employee role. This decision aligns with my desire for a role that is both accessible and effective within the server's dynamic environment.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
Language Application [Accepted]
Language Application [Accepted]
Other Application [Accepted]
Ban Appeal [Denied]
Ban Appeal [Denied]

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're in college, specify your degree level):
[Grade-12] Kira 'kiki' Oshiro
[Grade-12] Crimson 'Crim' Mortov
[Cat] 'Cupid'
[College] Thalia 'lia' Chusi
[Grade-12] Ophelia Blanc {To be Librarian}

────────────

Situations

During a work shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:

Ophelia would remain as calm and collected of a demeanor as she could, she wouldn’t take any of the insults to heart and instead issue a warning accordingly. She would not allow any student to curse at her and demean her, so issuing a warning and then threatening detention would certainly be the route she would take. Despite the lack of reaction she gives she knows it is important to not let students simply have their way when being cruel.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
When faced with two students fighting, Ophelia's first instinct is to carefully assess the situation. She would initially observe to ensure that the altercation is not merely friendly roughhousing, issuing a warning if there's any doubt. Once she confirms that it is a genuine fight, she would prioritize separating the students. Ophelia would start by using her presence and verbal warnings to intervene, attempting to defuse the situation without resorting to physical contact.

If necessary, and with the safety of the students in mind, Ophelia would physically try to separate them, using appropriate and non-aggressive methods to prevent further harm. While she is hesitant about laying hands on others, she recognizes the importance of maintaining a safe environment. In more challenging situations, she might consider calling for additional assistance from fellow teachers to ensure a swift and effective resolution. Ophelia's primary concern remains the well-being of the students involved.

Another school employee is acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
If one of her fellow school workers is engaging in behavior that violates the rules or is even dangerous, Ophelia would choose not to confront the staff member directly. Instead, she would take a strategic approach to ensure transparency and accountability. Ophelia would bypass talking to the staff member directly involved and instead initiate a conversation with someone higher in the school hierarchy, possibly reaching out directly to the principal or school director. By doing so, she aims to prevent any attempts to conceal or dismiss the issue and ensure the school environment continues to operate smoothly with everyone fulfilling their responsibilities. Ophelia is determined to reflect her commitment to maintaining a well-functioning and ethical educational environment.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
Ophelia isn’t the most outwardly sociable type of worker. However, that doesn't mean she is against it, she simply prefers her own company more often than not. She would sit in the breakroom enjoying her lunch and carefully reading one of her many books, flipping pages with utmost care to ensure they do not get messy. She is utterly absorbed in her world and the words on the page but if someone tries to talk to her she would not turn them away. She is reserved, not rude, and would happily return and engage in conversation with her fellow workers should they approach her.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst in your chosen role:

/me
Carefully placing her cup of tea on the counter's cupholder, she hums a soft tune, a familiar melody occupying her mind. Retrieving the book she had been engrossed in for the past few days from under the desk, she takes a seat. As she settles in, she crosses her legs politely, glancing around the empty library. Opening the book, she resumes reading, the quiet ambiance of the room giving her just a moment to herself.

/me was in the middle of reading a book when the student walked up to her. She would place a bookmark in her spot and close the book as she listened to the request of the student holding a library card. She would give a nod as she took the book they wanted to return, checking it back into the library before standing up to search for the new book the student requested.

/me would leave the front desk in the library to walk over to the closest bookshelf to her; beginning her daily task of dusting off bookshelves and ensuring the books were in proper order based on the Call Sign or number. Along with this, she had brought a mini-stack of books that included returned novels the students had given that day, placing them back in their designated places as she continued to clean.

────────────

In-Character Section

1704100188358.png
Full Name (First & Last only):

“My full name is Ophelia Blanc.
The 'C' is silent in my last name.”

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
“My preferred title is Miss, as I’ve never been married.”

Preferred Name:
“Please do just call me Ophelia or Miss Blanc.”

Age (Minimum is 25):
“I am the age of thirty.”

Academic Degree:
Master's

Major(s):
Art History and Library Science

Minors:
Bachelors in Literature

Nationality:
French

Known Languages:
French, JSL [Japanese Sign Language]

Backstory

Ophelia Blanc moved to Karakura and spent a considerable amount of time getting adjusted to her new life in this city. As she settled into her home she spent a lot of time accustoming herself to the daily struggles of not only a new routine but in a place where she was clearly an outsider. Despite struggling to find comfort in Karakura she managed to settle down and find peace in her new home.

Peace wasn't all she wanted to find however, Ophelia decided that she needed to get a job to further cement herself in Karakura and it's environment. With her degrees and education as well as her quickly growing proficiency in Japanese she sought out any work that she could. Ophelia had a lot of money saved up she knew she couldn't rely on her inheritance forever, it wasn't a suitable long-term plan.

After searching around for a few days she found herself trying to apply to the town hall for any jobs in archiving they had. Though they appreciated her application she wasn't accepted and instead, they pointed her to the open position at KHS for librarian. Ophelia never had the chance to work in a library despite her credentials and was hoping to finally work amongst the books she treasured so dearly. Working in a library had been a long-standing dream for Ophelia, she had always loved and found herself getting lost in books no matter the subject matter so she applied with no hesitation. She could never find a job like this in her home country, the job market had been slim so she had turned to nursing for a few years. However, now she looks forward to the potential to finally immerse herself wholeheartedly in the world of literature and academia that she's always held dear.

Motivation for Joining KHS (Character perspective):
"My motivation for joining Karakura High School is simple yet significant, a desire for a fresh start. I see this as a place where I can bring my passion for literature and the arts into a vibrant academic setting. Education, to me, is a transformative journey, and I'm excited to share that perspective with the students here.
In essence, I'm here to contribute to the learning environment, fostering curiosity and inspiring growth through words and artistic expression. Karakura feels like the right place for me to make a meaningful impact and be a part of the collective journey towards discovery."

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
"Growing up, my heart has always been drawn to the world of literature. While I may not be a writer myself, there's a profound longing within me to gather more than just information from the library's old books; I crave the stories they hold. It's not just about being in my element, it's about understanding the storylines that connect us all.​
Moreover, beyond my love for literature, I am fluent in both JSL and Japanese, meaning I have the tools to communicate seamlessly with everyone around me. This ability allows me to not only appreciate the stories from different languages but also connect with individuals on a deeper level. I believe this combination of a passion for stories and a commitment to offer effective communication sets me apart and gives me a fighting chance for this job.”​

────────────

Extra

Additional notes about your application:

This is the very first application for any faction I've made, I've taken a lot of time to write this and I cross my fingers it gets accepted!
My friend and I planned to both apply to join the school factions to develop our soon-to-be adult characters!

Do you have any questions?:
N/A

Last edited:

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
DENIED

Thank you for taking the time to apply for the Employee Faction, after careful review, we have unfortunately decided to deny your application. We apologize for the inconvenience, however due to the large amount of applications this wave we cannot elaborate further on the reason for denial, however once spots open back up again we encourage those denied to re-apply.

Users who are viewing this thread