rathounds | KPD application | ACT 1

houndrats

Level 21
houndrats
houndrats
Omega

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

The IGN of the account I’m applying for is rathounds.
(My main account’s IGN is houndrats.)

Discord Name & Tag:
My discord tag is vityq#0044.

Previous bans:
I have not been previously banned as of writing this application.

Describe your activity on the server:
I have been playing on the server for over half a year now. My current playtime on my main account at the time of writing is 3 weeks, 22 hours, and 39 minutes. I spend a moderate amount of time on the server, usually in the afternoon and late evening.

Which timezone are you in?
I am in the CEST (Central European Summer Time) time zone.

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
I have not previously applied for any factions, only languages.

What is your motivation for applying?:
I am greatly interested in the faction due to the dynamics and roleplay opportunities it offers. I have always been a fan of police characters in media, as I find the profession quite multifaceted and challenging. I would be honored to get to try my hand at it here on SchoolRP. I often dabble in deeply flawed and unconventional characters, and I believe being a part of Karakura’s police force would allow me to expand my roleplay horizons and experiences further.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
Police are the most direct branch of legal matters in any given government. The police seek to protect citizens and their property by enforcing laws and regulations, as well as investigating more complex crimes.
An officer’s duties, apart from the most popular ones such as patrolling, making arrests and investigating crimes, they also include paperwork, answering emergency calls and handling reports, interrogating suspects and witnesses, reviewing evidence, attending court, and so on.

---

In a police institution, there is a chain of command. The rank hierarchy is as follows:
Cadet << Patrol Officer << Corporal << Sergeant << Lieutenant << Detective (and sub-categories of Detective) << Captain << Commissioner
Each rank has its freedoms and duties, all coming together to make the workforce effective.

Law enforcement has access to a variety of equipment, for example:
The Baton is a non-lethal close-range weapon used for punishing or sedating criminals, and self-defense. It is fixed length, straight, and made of aluminum.

Handcuffs are used for restraining an individual by their wrists, detaining, and arresting. They are made of two cuffs connected by a chain.

The Police Radio is used for communicating with other Officers. It runs constantly, allowing officers to swiftly communicate.

The Breathalyzer is used to measure the amount of alcohol in an individual’s system. The individual must breathe directly into the device through a small tube.

The Taser is used for incapacitating suspects if they do not cooperate. A taser fires two small darts, which release an electric shock that momentarily paralyzes the target for 2 minutes.

The Pepper Spray is used in self-defense. It’s a compound that when sprayed into the eyes causes pain, a burning sensation, and temporary blindness.

The Crowbar is used for prying doors open and removing nails. It’s a solid steel bar with a curved chisel end and a swan neck.

The Glock 17, also known as the Service Pistol is used favorably non-lethally, however, it may be used to kill. It is only available to Higher-Ups and Detective Inspectors.

Riot Gear is used for riots and dangerous calls. It’s a full suit of protective gear meant to protect the Officer from incoming attacks.

Police vehicles, specifically a cruiser and a motorbike, are used for quick transport around the city.

Other items notably include luminol spray - which is used to detect blood on items, a body camera, a fingerprint scanner, a flashlight, a key and key holder, a baton holder, disposable latex gloves, and a first aid kit.

Police officers require a degree of physical training, as well as familiarizing themselves with the law and information necessary. This is done through training and lectures, as well as field experience via patrols and field training. Should a member of the police - say, a cadet - wish to move up in rank, they must take exams and pass them in order to do so. Different ranks also require different academic degrees in order to qualify.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
The Police’s duty on SchoolRP barely differs from real-life police - with the only difference being that, obviously, no real crimes are committed. The duty of Karakura’s police officers is to keep the peace. Karakura is a city with high crime rates, which makes police an important aspect of the server. Without the KPD, the city would likely fall into chaos, as GangRP is a popular pastime. The mere presence of KPD deters a part of it.
Apart from dealing with pesky GangRP, the KPD brings believability to the city, as well as a sense of authority and protection. They bring order to what could be a very chaotic server, with an understanding and enforcing of Karakura’s laws.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Yes, I understand that I may be demoted at any given time.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
Yes, I acknowledge that it is expected of me to be fully dedicated to the role.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, I understand that I am to attend training while I am online, or I will be punished.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

“My name is Rīgaru Heddo.”

Character's age (if accepted):
“I am 37 years of age.”

Character's gender & pronouns:
“I am male and my pronouns are he/him.”

Character's Academic Background:
“I have a Masters degree in Criminal Justice and a Bachelor's degree in Psychology.”

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
“I am proficient in Spanish.”

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
Rīgaru’s most defining trait would be - as for the majority of his family - his blonde hair, which he enhances further by dyeing it a vibrant gold. He also has rather sharp features and a prominent nose on top of which thick glasses rest. He is a relatively short man, only 5’3, which makes him stand out amongst the tall crowd of Karakura.

What could be considered unique would be the polycoria in his left eye - a defect where one eye contains two pupils. His left side continues to be inconvenienced, with his left hand missing two fingers, with a gnarly scar running deep under his sleeve, and a slight limp he periodically ignores and masks.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
Rīgaru is of the no-nonsense type. In a professional setting, he doesn’t let personal grievances hinder his work - however, he may be rather stubborn. He is often inquisitive and stern. He dislikes sugarcoating and can be rather blunt.
In a casual setting, Rīgaru often blends into the background. He tends to float around people to observe and study them. While docile in this state, he still does not take any nonsense, and will actively call out people’s errors and offenses. His ego takes hold of him often, and he struggles to keep an understanding of personal space.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
“Teamwork is essential to a profession like this. It is important to remember that you are not one man against the world, but rather part of a group of both like-minded and completely opposite individuals who work for the same cause. No one person can fight the battle against crime and corruption alone, thus it is key to stick together, no matter the personal differences.”

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
“I see myself as more of a leader. In situations that often occur in this line of work, it is crucial to be led by someone with rational thinking and a cool head. I have no issue falling under the lead of another, however, no matter how dissatisfied I may be with their judgment. I will take my place wherever I am placed, and I will respect it.”
(OOC: While I myself struggle sometimes with taking the lead and subsequent stress, it is something I am willing to and have actively been working on.)

BACKSTORY (100+ words)
Rīgaru’s life was rather uneventful through his teenage years. He was quiet, keeping to himself. While others went out and partied, rebelled against authority, and caused mischief, he instead kept his life orderly. He did, however, rebel in his own ways - calm and cunning, his words few, but sharp like a knife. He took great interest in crime, though not from a participating point of view. Rather, he observed from a distance, making notes and studying behaviors. Growing up in Karakura, he had no shortage of specimens to observe. He studied Psychology and later Criminal Justice in hopes of becoming a Police Officer someday. This, however, was never quite fulfilled, for one reason or another. His 20s were much of the same, though seeing others live fulfilling and exciting lives left him restless.
Maybe he did it all wrong after all…
At the age of 29, after years of jumping from one boring desk job to another, his bitterness toward life itself peaked. He had a nasty falling out with his family, packing his bags and leaving to “find a better life elsewhere”. He traveled outside of Japan, eventually settling in Spain. He found many of the same jobs there, however, the new environment helped him oversee this fact. His strange pull towards crime pulled him down a path of unsavory acquaintances. Maybe being calm was wrong, maybe he needed to be assertive. Maybe, maybe... If you can’t beat them…
He fell into the criminal underbelly, offering his knowledge in return for money and the thrill of living dangerously. He learned many guerilla tactics, the most unfair and lethal ones there were. He did his best to stray from them, but after all, how could one not be tempted? It was smooth sailing for several years, one could say. At the age of 33, he found himself in a freak accident with a homemade bomb. It went off in his hand, causing him to lose his left ring and pinky fingers. He was left crippled for a while, with a gnarly scar serving as a reminder - or perhaps a warning?
Things between criminal groups are never quite as friendly as one might hope, which further resulted in a chain of petty turf wars and the like. In one unfair fight, he took a knife slash to the knee from behind, slashing his tendons. This injury took months on top of months to heal, even then healing incorrectly, causing him to have a permanent limp.
At the age of 36, he grew tired of this bottom-feeder nonsense. If he were to chase adrenaline, he’d get it with honor and dignity. He fled Spain, heading back home to the quaint town of Karakura. Here he remains until today, seeking the thrill of the chase, putting his knowledge of criminal and guerilla groups to good use. He refuses retirement, regardless of his injuries - this is all that matters, Justice...
...and to a large extent, his morbid curiosity about the rotten minds of criminals.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

“No, you cannot legally own a pocket knife. Should a pocket knife be found in your possession, you will be charged with Possession of Illegal Weaponry.”

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
“Medical items which do not require a prescription are, for example, paracetamol, bandages, walking canes, cough syrup or eyepatches.”

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
“I would step in to break up the fight, turning on a body cam for video evidence of the incident. Next, I would examine the inmate for any signs of injuries. Should I find any, depending on the severity I would offer first aid and seek medical attention. This incident is to be reported immediately, as abuse of any kind has no place in law enforcement.”

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
“I would turn on my body cam, step in to defend my co-worker and detain the attacker. If there are multiple attackers, I would immediately radio for backup. I’d seek medical attention for my injured co-worker, and then report this incident immediately.”

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
“With corrupt people in positions of power, it is important to keep this finding discreet. I would gather evidence, making sure the information doesn’t spill out in the open freely, as this risks causing chaos and uneasiness between Officers. After gathering sufficient evidence, I would report them to the higher-ups.”

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
“I would refuse the bribe immediately. I would inform the criminal that it is illegal to bribe the police and charge them with bribery. Money doesn’t buy a good man. The oath I took is to be honored.”​

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
ACCEPTED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to give you a chance at becoming part of our faction!​

WHAT NOW?
-
In order to proceed, you will need to join the discord server that house
the faction you have applied for. To find it, go to the SchoolRP discord
server (CLICK HERE) and search for our discord server!

- We will also need you to be online to receive your introductions and
the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as part of the faction!​

ADDITIONAL NOTES
If you need further assistance, you can privately message
me (Yonio#5112) or any other available Admin+ via Discord
so that we can solve any other inquiries you may have

Users who are viewing this thread