Level 6
Community Team
Media Team
Ramen_Noodiles
Ramen_Noodiles
Omega+

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
Raynbowfrick (acc I wish to use, slot G-12)
Ramen_Noodiles (main)

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
wendll#1040 (TetoPetto as discord nickname)

How old are you?:
19 (20 in a week from now)

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes and I can and WILL use it

What is your time zone?:
EST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I understand the consequences of actions that might be made.

Describe your activity on the server:
I am usually active on most days between 2pm - 2am depending on the day. Playing for almost a full year now with only rare spurts of minor inactivity. I do not touch grass.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server:
What are your current roles on the server?:
College B RaynbowFrick (Secondary slot)
College B Ramen_Noodiles (Main slot)
G-12 OTHER SLOTS ON ALL ACCOUNTS​

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
⚗️ Science ⚗️

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
While not being in a faction before, I would like to receive a new experience not only being connected with the new faction experience, but also a completely new experience with roleplaying and being more involved with the educational board. I study various aspects of science and biology from personal experience and it wouldn’t hurt to try sharing that knowledge in an IC context. Plus it’d be really cool being more hands-on involved with school events. I also love messing around with Greenies by helping them out and educating them on the whereabouts. A lot of people seem to not like Greenies that much but it’s fun to be helpful to newbies. I also enjoy participating in playing as comical characters that are the most abnormal or weird in comparison to other people and obtained a significant reputation of playing characters that stick out like a sore thumb whether that be in character design or in behaviors. I am an artist myself and enjoy the abstract mind and imagining myself roleplaying as a character with the whacky ideals of space loving hippie gal who's kinda spooky could be very fun and unique to other players. We need more crazy teachers! LET'S BRING IN THE WEIRD!!!!

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT?
I understand and completely agree.

If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
I understand and encourage this.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Class logs are there to help keep track of the number of classes a teacher has taught each month, these logs also give information such as the length of time a class has been running, how many students were online at the time and how many joined until the end.

In some cases, the class logs also help the other teachers keep track of who’s doing classes for that period everyday, in class logs you can claim a class period to teach so that other teachers are aware you are teaching for that period, this makes it easier for days to be less crowded with chat spamming of <IGN> has started a class in room 000, use /class join 000 or [CLICK TO JOIN].

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

A teacher’s personal rules are to stay professional, it’s important to actually teach the class instead of making every class be a “fun day” class. It’s important to give out icly warnings before giving out detentions depending on the situations in the classroom.

A student whilst in the classroom must follow the strict school rules, the obvious ones being; keep masks off, no alcohol, no weapons, etc. There are also some smaller but just as important rules such as; No fighting, No swearing/cursing, etc. Rules don’t stop inside the classroom though, as some students will take it as far as breaking school rules all over school grounds, it is the teacher’s job to enforce these rules.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I’ve been roleplaying for over 10 years, 1 of those years being in SRP. I have spent a good amount of those years creating and evolving my characters, their personalities and how they develop in the world, this now including Karakura.

In this one year I have been playing SRP, I have taken the time to get used to how SRP’s type of roleplay works and I personally feel like I have improved greatly since when I started. I have gotten used to the rules and how teachers work thanks to friends in the faction giving me tips and tricks, I have been listening to my friends talk about how great being a teacher is and I want in on that action, sounds fun as hell. I've been in daily participations with events, holidays, and often love engaging in partyRP in SRP. I have a unique way of roleplaying in terms of comedy sort of roleplay, normally playing as characters that say the most absurd things that can be considered to be very comical. It would be very interesting to roleplay as a teacher using these skills for comedy-esk rp.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD
↳ Meaning: Head of Department
↳ Description:

The HD has the most amount of experience when it comes to teaching on the entire faction of teachers, they’re the big bosses and usually one ones other teachers go to for help or advice other than SLT.

- QT
↳ Meaning: Qualified Teacher
↳ Description:

A QT has a lot of teaching experience, but not quite as much as HD. They’re able to have independent classes without much help if they wanted. Thanks to how much experience they have, they would be totally allowed to assist in classes that are being hosted by NQT or UT.

- NQT
↳ Meaning: Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description:

A NQT has enough experience to know how to properly run a class, they may need help with some classes but aren’t usually experienced enough to assist other classes, though they may be allowed if they feel confident enough.

- UT
↳ Meaning: Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description:

A UT has little to no experience other than education they received before applying and being accepted to work as a teacher in KH, they would most likely need help in most of their classes until they feel they can control a classroom with enough ease to not need assistance. These teachers are waiting for their training.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
  • A teacher’s job in-game is to teach pre-planned lessons during class hours in their classrooms and maintain school rules while obviously following ooc rules, they host classes and actually try to teach things to the kids and try to give them a good educational experience. It is hoped that the players stay long enough to use the lessons they’re being taught to pass the exam from highschool to college bachelors.​
  • An out-of-game teacher would organize and teach their classes professionally (I hope) depending on the age group of the class they are teaching, it is important that their specific age group classrooms are taught in a way they can understand.​
  • In-game, a teacher can get 350k Yen for 10 classes every month, they can, however, receive up to 500k Yen if they were to teach more classes, each extra class being about 50k Yen more every time.​
  • A teacher’s life can be very busy, both in-game and out-of-game. Saving time for lesson planning, marking papers, helping other teachers when necessary, enforcing school rules around school grounds, keeping professional at all times. Each one of those tasks and many more that I may have forgotten to mention have a large amount of prepping and concentration.​
  • It is a teacher’s duty to connect with the children they are teaching, not only does this make teaching a whole lot easier since they’d know the child much better and know what they understand, but also it helps the child actually want to learn. Other things like fun lessons can help kids want to learn but those aren’t always the best option, especially if there’s limited teaching involved in such lessons.​
Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
A teacher fills a very important role that brings joy and activities to the server. They help those who’re new to the server by giving them an opportunity to roleplay with other players in the same room. A teacher is also very important for roleplay quality and realism, a school isn’t a school without its teachers.

Having a teacher around -especially one played by someone with experience and knows what they’re doing- can be one of the best experiences in SchoolRP, no 2 teachers are the exact same and I love that. A teacher in their own way has abilities that help them with teaching and caring for the students.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The school runs on a system that is called "MoSCo" which to stand for, "Must have, should have, could have" in BIG words!

Character Information

Hi I drew dis
Describe the character:
How do they look and act? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on students and their co-workers? What are their plans for the future?
  • Iris Loveli is a 40 year old woman, currently standing at a height of 6’1” with deep dark skin, a slim pencil-like figure and styles her hair with rows of gloomy-colored dreads. She is normally calm in nature, seeming like a woman who is mature and quiet to most people as her silhouette is very recognizable from afar like a humanized weeping tree draping down over most people, usually feeling even taller and intimidating when she wears heels.​
  • Iris contains a lot of mystery not only in her very abstract appearance that feels unnatural, she is a woman who’s often seen absorbing life through the stars, feeling truly connected to various beings whether real or not. She often has very odd mannerisms that most might consider not only weird, but outright crazy. She would do small simple things like communicating to plants as if they were children, or explain the complexities of global warming and the fall of humanity as a whole. While this can be absurd to most, it can often probably feel charming for her love for humanity and nature.​
  • Kinda spooky from her calm voice, while it isn’t monotone, it gives “fake happy” type of vibes, as if she’ll find a way to verbally stab you in the throat with her quiet cheerful tone. Even scarier when she slowly loses her temper over time.​

Scenarios

/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/
You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Upon finding these BRATS, she’d approach them in a calm manner and remind them of their location. She’d say something along the lines of “Excuse me, can we please not use that language on school grounds?” of course with a smile on her face to show she’s not PISSED. Depending on their reaction, if they agreed and walked away, the scenario stops there after a quick thank you from our lovely Iris. If these students took the friendly criticism badly and carried on, this time possibly being rude. She would react with a warning, she would be calm the entire time though.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

Being a quiet individual, she’d use other methods to get the class’ attention like clapping, scratching on the board, writing something on the board and waiting for the class to see. After getting the attention of the students she’d remind them of their education and attempt to make things more fun for them.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

Being a rather shy individual, she’d keep to herself to make a coffee or file some papers, mark student’s work, etc. If another faculty member attempts socializing with her, she would continue focusing on the task she gave herself but also engage in conversation to be polite.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
checked her watch and figured out that she had enough time to prepare for an upcoming class before it began. She got a chalk and started writing down some things about the future class she deemed important to the lesson she planned, putting notes to the side for students to copy down when they walk into her classroom and some doodles of recognisable planets and star constellations around the board ready for the class.

/me turned away from her students to start chalking up the board, she’d start drawing a detailed graph of Jupiter, she labeled recognisable parts of the planet and made sure to write facts. She drew a line from Jupiter’s red spot to an empty area of the board and write down &o‘This is a storm’&u, she also wrote down some important facts, like: Jupiter is a gas planet with no solid surfaces, Jupiter has 95 moons that have been officially recognized by the International Astronomical Union, Jupiter has a very strong gravitational pull that guides asteroids away from Earth, Jupiter has a lot of radiation surrounding it’s large atmosphere.

/me glanced around the classroom and estimated the amount of students that were in her lesson for this period, using that information she just gave herself she gathered the necessary amount of paperwork she needed for them and announced &f”May everyone please line up for a paper to fill out?” &uUpon watching these students line up for their papers, she’d give them out one at a time and waited for them all to be seated again.

/me Waited for each and every student to be seated, announcing clearly &f”Everyone please stay seated and silent during this lesson so everyone can concentrate.” &uShe’d then sit at her desk once she was sure that everyone was seated quietly and behaving, doing their work like they should, and started catching up with grading on her personal laptop. She kept an eye out for any hands that might be raised during the lesson.

Backstory

Iris Loveli was the second born in her family with the first being her older sister Verbena Loveli. They were close with each other, living in Puerto Rico for mostly their entire lives in a family with high expectations for their daughters. Verbena, being the oldest, was mostly praised while Iris was usually shoved to a corner but still full of generosity and loyalty to her older sister. Verbena eventually got married, had three children with Iris following along, marrying a man while in her early 20s.

These marriages were mostly done from family peer pressure, living in a cultural environment filled with expectations to proceed their family lineage to keep their names alive for generations. This led to a few complications in the family. Verbena was happy with her marriage to her husband and loved her children, Iris felt pressured getting married to a man with a rich background that she didn’t genuinely feel love towards and only wanted to be successful from familial influence. While her husband didn’t seem interested in her either, this didn’t hinder much of her liking towards her studies and goals for her future. Iris was an intelligent woman who was obsessed with the stars, yearning for information on planets and foliage as she felt disconnected to most people throughout her life, especially since overtime her sister focused on her husband and children more often as years went by.

As time continued on to Iris’ early to mid 30s, her nieces and nephew grew older to maturity, with their family being more and more excited to the idea of more members being born in the family, with her oldest niece reaching adulthood and getting involved with her own aspects of love. Iris continued to slowly shut herself out from her own family despite her quiet support before eventually moving on to focus on her own studies, being a tutor in the arts and STEM courses for students in her area and seeing a bright future in the education field.

However, all good stories must have some sort of tragedy. Due to a familial conflict, Verbena and her husband faced an end to her life being brutally murdered from an outside individual, leading her children being in a scramble from country to country and Iris only discovering this months after with the harsh reality sinking in to the loss of her older sister. Iris tried to continue tutoring, keeping a happy outlook to the future only for more tragedy to strike as sickness was slammed onto Iris’ husband. She might’ve not wanted to marry him at first, but it was still upsetting from not only having to lose your sister but overtime slowly losing your husband until his eventual death as well.

Iris faced a harsh depression for several years, wanting to quit her dreams of teaching the future generation feeling as if nothing really matters in her life. That was until receiving news of her sister’s children living in Karakura, a full getaway from their previous lives of trauma. This gave Iris a little bit of new hope, not only wanting to reconnect with anything left of her sister and her family, but a new life to start? A new chance of teaching a completely different setting? Might be challenging but worth the risk, especially a better opportunity of finally achieving the goal of her dreams.

In-Character Section

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Screenshot 2023-12-04 072347.png

Full Name (First & Last only):​
Iris Loveli
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):​
Miss
Given Name(s):​
Iris
Preferred Name:​
Ms. Loveli
Age (Minimum is 25):​
Religious Denomination:​
N/A
Marital Status:​
Widowed
Nationality:​
Puerto Rican
Current Location:​
Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

Academic Degree:
Masters

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
Astronomy, Biology

Minors:
Physics, Graphic Design, Video Production

Native Languages:
Spanish

Other Languages:
Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
N/A

Motivation for Joining KHS:

I am mostly here for my sister’s kids who are enrolled in this school, but I am also very interested in the life of Karakura people. I believe that I will make a relatively great difference when it comes to the education of the students. I have a lot of knowledge to offer to the younger generation and I would like the opportunity to be a part of a new work environment.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):

I used to work as a tutor from my College days before moving here, helping students with their assignments and catching-up on late work with a fairly high success rate. I worked with junior high to high school grade levels of students.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:

I may be new and from out of the country but I am a very fast learner with unique situations and have a handful of skills with organization, time management, and knowledgeable of the subjects I am willing to teach. I always make sure to handle things on time or on the whim in a proper manner, mostly being as early as possible for duties. I have a personal garden at home that I treat as if they were my children making sure they’re as flourished and healthy as possible.

Children can be like plants. ✿ c:

Extra
  • All of the artwork I've drawn myself.1703658312382.png
  • please pardon any MINOR formatting issues caused by glitches and bugs.
  • Any details in the artwork are meant to be artistically abstract meaning that it's just a stylistic choice in art form and any fantasy-like elements are not made to replicate the character at hand (unless it's via IC rumors). I just like adding colorful details in artwork but in a real life perspective it'd be dulled down.
  • I just like vibrant colors, especially purple, which I use as a shading style for art and skin.
  • Iris is meant to look very alien-like mostly for comedic purposes, she just likes the color purple and looking like a space creature for her love for space.
  • The Loveli family have a habit of being weird with their wording and family customs. They often use synonyms for words or over-complicate sentences to where it sounds like complete nonsense to most people. This could lead to interesting scenarios with students interacting with Iris from her passion with plants, planets, and the stars in combination with familial weirdness.
  • Iris honestly would probably stick out a lot and hopefully she gains a lot of attention it'd just really be fun to rp as her </3

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Pending
Thank you for applying! Your application was wonderful! However,

• There were other applications that stood out more
  • The subject you applied for is currently capped

Please feel free to work on the application until the next wave of applications!

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for applying! However, after careful consideration, I have decided to deny your application

• You have not been online in quite a while. Make a new application when you are active once again.

Please feel free to reapply! Any questions regarding your application, please DM me on discord.

Users who are viewing this thread