Rechanic

DISCORD NAME & TAG:

Rechanic(same as my IGN oopsies)

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:

PST WEST COAST!!

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:

Fully functioning microphone and headset

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:

I usually work from 7-4 on weekdays and most of the day on the weekend because I do the Sunday grave shift (12 am-8 am). On those days, I usually play anywhere between 2-5 hours but it may depend because I'm currently finding the courage to make time to work out, but I can commit to making sure any quota that needs to be met, will be met.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:

The position I'm applying for is Shrine Priest

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:

My knowledge of Shintoism is basic level. Although I don’t know much, I do understand the basics when it comes to entering the shrine and proper etiquette and respect. Most of my knowledge comes from either my time spent on SRP or on other games based on Japanese culture. It was through SRP that I learned how to bow properly and how to cleanse myself before even entering the shrine. I understand that if I am accepted, I’ll become a trainee before anything, and that’s what I look forward to. I wish to know more about religion and how to properly role-play it, and I will commit to the practices I will hopefully learn in the future.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?

As stated in previous applications, I always wanted to be more, if not more, then be more useful to the server. There are many other applications that I've seen that are extremely detailed and thorough, and frankly it worries me that I won't be chosen to participate in such an amazing version of this community. I want to prove that from entering the shrine, knowing the most basic information of Shintoism, I can be taught and be the best shrine priest that I can be, guiding others who wish to participate or just around the religion. I want to prove my dedication when the time comes to filling the quota and demonstrating to others just what I've learned and what even they can be.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:

I do acknowledge that mandatory meetings and training will have to be attended . . . as the definition of mandatory. But I am willing to commit to the teachings I hope to receive and am willing to do them to the best of my ability.

───────────────────────────────────────

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

Jin-son Jeong Kamodo

Or just Jin-son

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):

Mr. will suffice

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):

Ripe age of 21

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:

Currently single

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:

My mother is from Gangnam-gu, South Korea, and my father from London, United Kingdom. It was before me and my sister were born when our family moved into Karakura, which is where we both were raised.

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:

(030)-887-2138

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:

I struggled to find the motivation to make the time to just write this application. During my years growing up in Karakura, I was rarely involved with the shrine and its religion. It wasn’t until my teen years that I started to look in the mirror and wished so much to see myself in a real-life Hakama. Most of my friends and even my siblings, who until now, laughed at me for wanting to be a part of such a “lame profession” as they told me. If it wasn’t for my mother, I wouldn’t know the basics of purification prayer and etiquette. If it wasn’t for my mother, I wouldn’t have the courage to apply for the role. If it wasn’t for my mother would I think that I could never have achieved the role of a shrine priest let alone a trainee. I want to be able to prove that all the dedication and all the time that she put into me, did not and will not be for nothing. You ask me what my motivation is. It is my mother.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:

To be blunt, most of my knowledge from the Monastery came from high school, which was quite some time ago, so forgive me for only remembering major details. During the early years of the Monastery, it was a place for Buddhist monks for several years until a fire broke out due to a rebellion within the temple. Afterwards, it was rebuilt surrounding the only building that withstood the fire during that time. To this day I understand that the spirit ‘Kitsa’ still roams the Monastery and the forest, along with the layout and how each building servers its own purpose on the grounds.

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :

“Dear Monastery lead,
My name is Jin-son J Kamodo, and I hope that this letter finds you in good health. The reason I'm writing to you today is because I wish to participate in your teachings and involve myself in the practices that you and the Priests and Maidens perform. I would greatly appreciate if you were to give this young man a chance to enlighten himself via your teachings. I can assure you that this will not be a decision that you will regret, for I can and will commit.

Sincerely,

Jin-son J kamodo”

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):

Jin-son Kamodo is a Korean-British male who was born in Karakura in the year 2002. Most of his life was spent with his sister and mother, who at the time tutor. Throughout the years, Jin-son experienced life in stages that most people went through. He was often hyper as a toddler and began isolating himself when he was getting in his teen years. During that time he focused on everything that his friends found interesting. He got into drinking, fighting and often vandalizing, but it wasn’t until the day came that he finally asked for his mother to help him quit, which was actually the day that she caught him. He focused on himself and the well-being of his sister and his younger brother along with reconnecting with his father who wasn’t in the picture as he grew up. As time passed by, he indulged himself in the practices and heavily on the clothing of the religion, which has now became part of his personality.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

The duties of the Priests and the Maidens are somewhat different, but both play important roles in Shintoism. The priests are the ones who perform requested ceremonies and cleansing rituals, which are often assisted by the maidens. Priests are often believed as the bridge between the community and kami, as they provide a path to purification and the path to Shintoism.

The maidens also provide care to the monastery itself. The Maidens can also guide those who ask. They can also assist others by performing card readings and often sell omamori and lanterns to those who desire them. They also perform a beautiful dance known as the Miko Kagura.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:

When one begins their ascent to the Shrine, they are encountered with a temizuya, a stone basin filled with water and accompanied by a hishaku. Before one continues to the shrine by crossing the bridge, one must perform the purification steps

Firstly, one must take the hishaku with their right hand ONLY, and scoop a good amount of water from within the basin. They must pour the water gently over their left hand, all while trying their best not to spill or splash the water picked up back into the basin.

Secondly, after rinsing their left hand, they must switch the hishaku from their right hand to their left without touching the other hand. They must then begin rinsing their right hand the same way they did with their left.

Third, one must purify their mouth via their left hand. With the hishaku in their right hand, they scoop water from the basin then place some in their left palm, and bring it up to the mouth, never allowing the hishaku to touch their mouth. The water mustn’t be swallowed, instead it should be spat out, outside of the basin.

Fourth, they will need to re-purify their left hand via the same process. Then once their hands are purified, they must move the hishaku in an upright position to where the unused water is trickling down the handle, which is then placed back in its original position with the scoop side facing down

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:

Before being able to perform a Kami, one must pass through a Torii gate and pay respect to the Kami they are placing the offering for. One of the most common offerings is simply 100 yen, but an offering can range from money to food, or to a personal item that holds significance, which is then placed in an offering box.

They must then call to the Kami, which is done by ringing the bell twice, and then by clapping their hands, but not before bowing deeply. While making the prayer, one must keep their hands pressed against each other after clapping their hands and assume a prayer position. Once they are finished, they must bow, and then are they able to leave.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:

Most ceremony rituals are performed in a specific space of the Monastery, designed to bring inner peace. During this ritual, everything is in its place and there is a place for everything, including specific hand motions and gestures. When one enters, they are brought to a tatami mat wearing ceremonial clothing, where most of the tea equipment is served and ready to be used. Guests often have their tea cleansed before them, along with any other equipment they may use for that time, as well as preparing the tea, which is usually Matcha tea at first.

As the ceremony begins, the host will present the tea to the guests with the bowl facing towards them for their first tasting. It is during this time that guests may compliment the room, the equipment, or the tea itself. After drinking the tea, guests usually bow as an expression of gratitude, which is where the host will ask if they would like another pour from the kettle. If the guest decides not to have another pour, then the ceremony has finished, whereas the host will now return the equipment and purify it once more.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:

A Tamagushi is another form of offering used to pay respect to Kami. Traditionally, they are based on a Sakai tree bark, surrounded by strips of washi paper and cotton intertwined in a zigzag shape.

An Ofuda is normally a rectangular piece of paper that is used as a talisman. On the paper is usually inscribed the name of a Kami and or a religious symbol. The purpose is to be used as protection and to call for good fortune

The Kagura Suzu is often referred to as a religious and sacred instrument. It consists of twelve bells divided between three brass rings surrounding a wooden post. It is often only seen when the maidens perform their Miko Kagura, a dance dedicated to Kami.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:

With Jin-son being half English, he would know of the catholic deity but would focus more on Shintoism.

Charaters:
[College][B] Jin-son J. Kamodo
[Bear] Cola
[Grade-12] Santino Violante
[Grade-12] Louis Caprazzo
[Cat] Pepper

Users who are viewing this thread