mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied Rechanic's Lore Application

Rechanic

Level 2
IGN: Rechanic

List your discord name and tag:Rechanic

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?: Yes!

Your time zone and current country of residence: PST- United states

Link any previous community team applications if applicable: Not applicable

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?: Yes, i understand

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.:
The only thing that I can see obstructing my progress or development would be my job. I work from 8-5 and get home around 6. But i still have access to discord via my phone and i often bring my laptop to work but can occasionally get on SRP

What makes you passionate about writing?:
When I was younger, I was often involved with one of my friend's projects or a simple personal story they were working on, I was always fascinated by their creativity. I would always try to assist them in whichever way I could, let it be reading whatever they already had written down or throwing some ideas of my own. Ever since then, I always had an idea to keep coming and coming to add more to the story. I loved the idea, of my ideas being put down to use, let it be from the tiniest detail, to being a crucial moment in the story. It was the feeling of knowing what was going to happen, and holding in the excitement of wanting to see how others would react that filled me with joy about creative writing.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?
:When I was involved in my friends' stories, I would mainly be the one to give them ideas of characters, locations, and their backgrounds. It went on for years of them constantly rewriting their story or getting off track to make a completely different story which I always had a part in. It got to a certain point where I even tried making my own fantasy or modern story, but from which would always lead to being unfinished due to the limited amount of time I had, or being lost. In my current friend group, I was alongside the head honcho of the group in creating lore and events that were to happen to the group.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
The definition of lore to me, is the story and or history of each person, place and thing where in which everything has a purpose. Lore is like glue that holds every piece of the story together. Its details of myths and legends, stories of each character with their own traditions and folklore give a story depth which pulls the player or reader to know more.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES
  1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
  2. There is a 300-1000 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.
  3. The effort and quality of both prompts will be taken into consideration when we accept applications.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

During the year 2001, there was a woman and her husband living peacefully on the outskirts of the City of Angels. The couple were around the same age of twenty, which back then was a normal age for people to be married and live together. The woman loved her family and was constantly around them. The woman's mother would frequently throw family events that only brought them closer to each other, including the husband. Towards the end of the year, it was revealed that the woman was pregnant with the child of her husband and as they spread the news around the family, everyone was excited for the woman, and couldn't wait to meet the bundle of joy she was carrying, especially a family friend who has had his eye on her even through her marriage. Nine months passed and the woman gave birth to her child, a boy named Arturo, named after his father. During Arturo's baby stages, he was constantly loved and adored by each member of his new family, especially by his mother. As he was close to turning two, something changed within the father, he instantly started showing aggression to the mother and even to his baby son. Rumors state that the cause of his aggression was due to stress, others say it was due to retaliation from the mother caused by his unfaithfulness. When his anger began shifting to her child, the mother was fed up, and couldn't stand seeing her husband act this way towards the boy, so she tossed him out, leaving him and taking her son which she had later won custody for in court.

The mother was worried she was going to be alone with her son, emotionally and financially, but thankfully she had a loving and supportive family and an emotionally supportive family friend that brought her from the floor back up to her feet. Time passes and the mother marries that same family friend, in which the boy, who was now a toddler, came to see him as his father. This new family began living their lives together, through years of school to even their first arguments, but as families have times of unity, there are times of separation. During a trip to Florida, the mother and stepfather decided to take a vacation, where they realized that it would be the start of their problems as a family. The stepfather was not born in the States, so when realizing that an undocumented man was flying across the country, immigration had no choice but to send him back to his Central American homeland. The mother was broken, fearing that she would never see her husband again, let alone the fear of her child never seeing him brought her to tears, but out of sheer love and determination to be part of the family he fought so hard to achieve, the stepfather did the unthinkable, and crossed back into the States illegally. The mother tried her hardest and fought with the government to get her husband back, but to no avail, the stepfather was placed on ban of entrance for ten years, which would turn out to be a brutal consequence for the mother and her child.

As the boy got slightly older, he entered middle school which would be between the grades of 6th and 8th before being placed into high school. It was during this year that the boy had become aware of why his father wasn't around when all of his friends had their fathers. All he could think about was his father, all he could talk about was his father and it got to the point where he blamed his mother for supposedly taking away both of his fathers, his biological and stepfather. But as every mother does, she understood that the boy didn't know what happened to his stepfather, so she couldn't show frustration. The mother fought her own battles mentally and emotionally, having to raise the boy once again on her own, especially as he was fully conscious of his surroundings. The boy's emotions began to show in his grades as he started to fail his classes, and as he had stated to his teachers, was due to him missing his father. The school's head counselor was surprised at how much it affected the boy because his past grades in all subjects and all other grades were outstanding but it came to the idea of how to correct it. The counselor and the mother had decided that the boy would study abroad, in Central America, until he was ready to return to the States and finish his schooling. The boy spent two years living with his mother and his stepfather in his home country, and he spent it lively. The boy met cousins and friends whom he'd never seen the likes of back in the States, he played games he would've never gotten to play for free, and he ate foods that were astonishing to his foreign tastebuds and he was happy. He was relieved that he was able to say that he had his father, just as much as his mother was able to say that she had her husband.

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

The stone-hearted:
This is the story of the bear cave, and its involvement with KPD
Many throughout the city of Karakura know the dangers of bears that reside in Ochiba Forest, and many have heard the tales of dismemberment and chaos that occurred between the bears and the humans, But very few know about the most unfortunate soul lost in that very forest, whose name was earned after death, Izuki. Amid the vast forest, he lived a calm, peaceful life. It roamed the forest, picking berries and nuts from the trees and drinking from the clear streams, enjoying the beauty of the forest, from the lush greenery to the song of the birds. In the afternoons, Izuki would be seen napping in the shade of the trees. He would drift off to the sound of the leaves rustling in the breeze. Despite its quiet and peaceful life, the bear knew that it had to be wary of the dangers that lurked in the forest, humans. As he moved through the trees, he kept his nose to the ground, searching for any scent that might indicate human presence. He would sometimes catch a faint whiff of smoke or hear the distant sound of voices, but would always remain cautious, never straying too close.
A change in temper
Rumor states that during the time, a group of individuals found Izuki and always sought trouble. The gang began to tease and taunt him with food, made fun of his size, and threatened to cause harm by waving bats and branches towards him. It's supposedly due to them that ignited a mode of aggression and hatred towards the humans inside Izuki. Countless reports appeared on the front page of the Karakura news article of a bear terrorizing humans who were camping in the forest with his claws extended and his teeth bared. The once peaceful and with nature bear had been seen charging at humans, tearing at their clothes, and biting their arms and legs. Izuki had now been known to attack without warning, lunging at anyone who came too close to him. The locals had grown afraid of him, avoiding the forest and the trails he roamed, even taken to carrying weapons to protect themselves should they encounter him.
Trespassing
Throughout the years, the townspeople of Karakura had found where Izuki rested, a cave deep within the forest. As people explored it, the cave was deep, dark, and narrow with a musty smell of earth and bear. The walls were rough and jagged with bits of moss clinging to them and in the corner was a pile of grass and dried leaves surrounded by baskets and buckets of food. At the time, there weren't that many signs or sightings of other bears around the area of the cave, so the people had to assume that it was the cave of the infamous bear causing mayhem to the people of Karakura. Now news had started going around about acts of the bear attacking humans that he saw throughout the forest, but never once had it been heard that a child wandered into the cave. Elders say that during a walk to get through to the monastery, they spotted a young child, walking directly into the cave, unaware of the danger that lay within. The elders rushed over towards the cave, but by the time they arrived at the entrance, all that was heard was the child's scream which alerted other adults who came running to the yells.
The unthinkable
For an hour, there was nothing but commotion about the child running into the cave, the police had warned the people of Karakura to stay off the trails and to keep caution when entering the forest, but with the involvement of a child being trapped with the bear, they began to take action. The entire police force entered the forest, placing police tape around the perimeter of the cave, and took their positions with their guns drawn. They were now determined to kill the bear, which has now become a danger to the safety of all residents young and old of Karakura. As they each slowly approached the entrance, they could hear the bear's grunt and roars echoing through the cave out into the trees. Izuki, sensing their presence, emerged from the shadows, his size, and forcefulness were intimidating with marks of blood around his salivating mouth. As Izuki roared it was clear that there was nothing this bear wouldn't do, so with all swiftness, the police fired, resulting in the death of the bear, which to them, had no name.
Set in stone
The news article that followed weeks after the events near the cave never discussed whether the child survived or not, but its main focus was on the bear itself. The police department made a public announcement warning the townspeople to keep their distance from the cave, and that they would monitor it to ensure the safety of those reckless enough to get closer. The most known rumor being spread to this day, is that you can still hear that echoing roar of the bear, now being named after the coldness of his heart and his solid cave, Izuki.​

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
DENIED
Thank you for applying. After discussing with the team, we decided to deny your application due to the competitiveness for this role.

For any questions relating to the application, DM rexypoo on Discord with said question. Feel free to reapply and address these factors for the next wave of applications.​

Users who are viewing this thread