mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Regarding the Event

suneater

Level 90
IGN: Azurih
DATE: 09/13/2020
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: During the event I wrote a good four paragraphs regarding how I felt about the event overall, so might as well send them here. Some of it's about this event specifically, some of it is just about the server.

The event has good ideas, and could easily be made to be enjoyable for the players, it just isn't at the moment. They had good ideas like introducing new zombies to look out for & the little gorilla thing for people to work together .. but the entire thing wasn't all that roleplay-based when we are on a roleplay server.

The entire event at the current moment is just a bunch of players running around until they run out of hunger; that or they just hide from the start and hope zombies don't get to them. Sure, this was practically how the event was in 2017, just a bit more 'organized' in a way, but either way. Now that SRP is becoming more serious-roleplay based compared to how 2017 was a lot more of people just logging on to fuck around with friends, it would make sense for the event to incorporate more roleplay in it.

I have seen higher-ups of SRP, and even Duckings himself say multiple times that they're trying to figure out ways to make the server less laggy during events. Back in October they had said that the fall festival would be the last laggy event they have, yet it's been a year, and there's still hellish lag when on the server. Yes, they're most likely trying to fix this, and they did move the event onto a completely separate IP to reduce lag as much as possible. Still though, they should probably hold off on events a bit until they can say for sure that the server won't break trying to hold a single event.

They have the map almost completely accessible at first; players are able to run all throughout the map for the first 10 minutes. After those 10 minutes though, they decide to barrier off where all of the important event area is happening. It doesn't really bother anyone until the even comes towards the end, because the barriers they placed around EVERYTHING now stop players who left that area from getting to where the event tells us to do. Basically, if you were exploring at the beginning of the event, you're completely fucked at the end of it.

Users who are viewing this thread