mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Rehabilitation Program Concept- by Soda

soda

Level 12
Hi, my name is Soda and today I wanted to discuss some more ideas myself and my friends have created.
Firstly before I start any of this I will outright state that while I personally would not do it myself, I objectively do not have anything against GangRP.
Another statement I would like to make before I elaborate is the fact that SchoolRP, according to staff, is attempting to stray further away from GangRP, not destroying it but simply trying to set the focus on other aspects of the server. I would simply like to add a few ideas that could help or contribute to this fact. Here is the screenshot for proof.

(Sorry about that, you might have to zoom in a bit)

Ok, so let's get down to business. You've probably been wondering what I'm referring to in the title. And it's not as simple as you think.
The citizens of Karakura often face more cruelties and traumatizing events more than other citizens of other cities and districts, mostly due to the high crime rate. Much of this crime rate is full of people who seek revenge, have motives, or undergo a form of suffering.
My character intends to end this by gathering a group of people, in which he will write a letter to the director of the health department (Loooper), requesting the idea of a rehab program. How would this program work, though? Allow me to explain.
To each patient that has been severely traumatized or suffered serious injuries, they will be assigned a partner that will engage in assisting as stable mental support. This includes:
  • Giving snacks
  • Helping them open up, share their problems
  • Take them places and buy goods, toys, whatever they like
  • Offering a friendly nature and attitude
    These are the main qualities I'd assume a rehab partner would take. Of course, if this idea was actually put to work, the people I'd gathered, myself included would have to take basic advice and steps given by professional psychiatrists. These same psychiatrists can also assist with this rehab program.
    I think this could be a unique addition to RP as a whole. Many different fun scenarios and situations could occur as a result of this program being set forward.
    Also, another simple suggestion I'd like to make. If psychiatrists are not busy, host anti-violence seminars, where an announcement on P.A. is made and people can come listen.
    Anyways, I'd like to hear thoughts on this system as a whole, especially from EMS. Would this be fun as a worker? What about the players, who have had a character in the hospital? Do you think this would be a good idea? I can't wait to hear your thoughts. Thank you.
    Also a side note, we currently have three people, including myself that would like to contribute. If anyone is interested, dm me at soda #8534. Thanks and have a good one.
    -Soda

Lovely_Ocean

Level 64
Seems like a cool idea but it should be done through the hospital using a rehab program that you could sign up for if you desire, like physical rehab n then with a pschy, doesn't need to be more then that, the rest should be from family

soda

Level 12
Seems like a cool idea but it should be done through the hospital using a rehab program that you could sign up for if you desire, like physical rehab n then with a pschy, doesn't need to be more then that, the rest should be from family
I feel like a lot of people that might need it won't sign up but then again OOCly and ICly-wise being optional would be the move

Bookish

Level 17
I think this is a cool idea. I was thinking that the old Mental Hospital could be revamped into a sort of cozy, clean, center to act as a sort of hub for all the patients so that he hospital isn't overrun with traumatized people.

So +1

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
This would give psychiatrist more stuff to do and I just think a psych ward would be fun

+1

soda

Level 12
Thank you for all the support. I appreciate it highly. I would like anyone who is interested in participating in this program as a rehab partner to DM me at soda #8534, please. We are in desperate need of members...

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
This is a great idea but I see a weak point in your plan. Most of gangrpers think "SRP is boring without gangrp", they don't dare to see out of the box and try different things; they are so used to kill characters that everything SRP related is boring to them. Stating what I saw once in OOC chat: "the day gangrp dies, the whole server dies", but that's just them. They don't want to try different rp areas. All they want to do is kill characters without realizing there are more fun activities to do in SRP. If you can prove gangrpers that killing characters is not the only thing you can do in SRP, DM me on discord and I'm totally in.

pashy

Level 183
This is a great idea but I see a weak point in your plan. Most of gangrpers think "SRP is boring without gangrp", they don't dare to see out of the box and try different things; they are so used to kill characters that everything SRP related is boring to them. Stating what I saw once in OOC chat: "the day gangrp dies, the whole server dies", but that's just them. They don't want to try different rp areas. All they want to do is kill characters without realizing there are more fun activities to do in SRP. If you can prove gangrpers that killing characters is not the only thing you can do in SRP, DM me on discord and I'm totally in.

That can start a whole argument outside the feedback topi , but I don't feel like going through the process of fighting the urge not to reply and say my point of view.

I think what you're saying is from your proscreptive with a job. Though, for most GangRPers they don't find anything to do other than killing or using a permission, especially that there isn't alot of CityRP activity.

Last edited:

soda

Level 12
I think this will be a key part of adding to the non-school part of RP, which could make it considered CityRP. This is part of the reason I brought it up to begin with.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable

Please don't stereotype gangrp, also it's kinda useless on a thread like this. Dm me, Kana#2526 if you'd like me to elaborate further.

Users who are viewing this thread