Not open for further replies.

DarkEclipic

Level 161
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
If you don't want someone to have Majors on you, simply just don't attack someone. Yes, it is crazy that in a hand-to-hand combat situation, someone could get a limb removed.

This is why I think the perms should be completely reworked, for example, and in the discord with other Gang leads and higherups, I made a suggestion that if players are in a hand-to-hand combat situation they would only exchange minors back and forth and the only time majors would be given is if one of the party pulled out a weapon and with only good reason

ThatBurningFox

Level 7
ThatBurningFox
ThatBurningFox
Omega+
Yes, it is crazy that in a hand-to-hand combat situation, someone could get a limb removed.
they would only exchange minors back and forth and the only time majors would be given is if one of the party pulled out a weapon and with only good reason
This is literally what this suggestion is, though... I agree with a rework, 100%, but like, one step at a time right? This change should be easy. One that should be simple with its resolution, too.

Frankly, the escalation system is way too rapid as it currently stands IMO and simply being told to ignore players that engage in it is not... REALLY a solution? To what level is it acceptable to avoid RPing with someone else? If you RP with someone to be inclusive to everyone around you (which should be ENCOURAGED by the rule structure) rather than being EXCLUSIVE and forming your own circles - what happens if you only find out once you start actually fighting as a result of actual IC conflict that they're terrible at fighting RP and solely follow the "rules" aforementioned?

Sure, bad judgement happens. But even then, like:
5.5 You may not avoid roleplay interactions, commonly referred to as AvoidRP on the server (also FailRP). Logging off to avoid detention, suspension, an arrest, or refusing to log on if another person has permissions on your character, or using a different character to avoid permissions are all examples of avoiding roleplay.
Don't the rules LITERALLY discourage you from the very behaviour suggested?

Do you just casually go "ah nah I'm not RPing with you anymore lol lmao"? Do you create a LOOC issue by trying to reform them, when, by the rules, they're doing nothing wrong?

...Or do you just prevent the issue from arising in the first place by having a better baseline ruleset?

DarkEclipic

Level 161
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
Frankly, the escalation system is way too rapid as it currently stands IMO and simply being told to ignore players that engage in it is not... REALLY a solution?
Yes, the level of progression is quite troublesome but GangRP/CrimeRP is fast-paced and can be high risk, high reward. In my statement, I said things could be changed, but if this was denied then it wouldn't matter. What I was suggesting wasn't a removal of the '9.3c' rule, it was just adding onto said rule as I truly believe if you are knocked out you should have a chance to attack said people(if you know who they are), and retaliate properly.

what happens if you only find out once you start actually fighting as a result of actual IC conflict that they're terrible at fighting RP and solely follow the "rules" aforementioned?
If people do not PainRP properly or do not even Roleplay properly, you are more than able to report the said person for not following the rules properly. Now, you can avoid people in character if it's a character you have problems with, you would have enough reason to ignore them or avoid them. Now if they attempt to bait, you can also report said player for baiting perms as that is not allowed by the SRP Rules.

So for the '5.5' rule, if you have an IN CHARACTER reason not to interact with them, then you can completely ignore them and just walk away or just not interact with them. Try to always have an in-character reason to avoid someone's character in an IC aspect of things.

Its not really a 'rule' problem, yes there are some rules that are more on the grey side of things and should be 're-written' as to better explain it to the community, or simply go to a member of staff about a question over a set of rules if you are un-sure on what it means in the entirely.

In short, if you don't want your character to get hurt in any form then you just need to completely avoid that side of SRP and the Crime/GangRP side of the server, that rule has been in place for years as Cam said and will not be removed and the Crime/GangRP'ers will fight to keep that rule. It is not hard to stay out of that side of the community, its a type of high risk/high reward part of the community and you have to understand that there are a lot of players that are 'perm hungry' and will use perms because they have them(which is boring imo)

ThatBurningFox

Level 7
ThatBurningFox
ThatBurningFox
Omega+
if you are knocked out you should have a chance to attack said people(if you know who they are), and retaliate properly
Yes... but... why majors? Why a limb removal? What's the point? What does it add to anything in the form of RP that just getting back at the person with a KO of your own wouldn't? Or a group of people to beat them into the ground? There are SO MANY other ways to escalate it that isn't just "lol your eye is mine now". I can MAYBE understand if you were attacked with a weapon, but even then it's like, dubious. As I said in my post, minor permissions should really just beget minor permissions. A stronger emphasis should be placed on narrative and player consent for perms, especially ones that literally maim characters.

you are more than able to report the said person for not following the rules properly
But... they ARE following the rules as they are written. That's the problem I was trying to emphasise. PainRP is not even IN the main server rules and RPing properly only counts for stuff like consequences with teachers, etc. There can never be a rule AGAINST people that aren't roleplaying well because that's outright elitist and discouraging.

In short, if you don't want your character to get hurt in any form then you just need to completely avoid that side of SRP
???

A lot of players don't want to touch actual Gang RP with a ten foot pole, but they still get pulled into situations "involving" it all the time. Why? CONFLICT creates DEVELOPMENT. Characters dispute, characters bicker, they scuffle. Cyclical. Not every character has the gall to be able to just outright ignore someone when they're being pestered. Fighting, consequentially, is NORMAL. You can argue that losing a limb also creates development, but so does character death. If it's unnecessary, it shouldn't happen - and in the vast majority of cases, it's exactly that.

tayfun

Level 70
tays2fly
tays2fly
Rich
In short, if you don't want your character to get hurt in any form then you just need to completely avoid that side of SRP and the Crime/GangRP side of the server, that rule has been in place for years as Cam said and will not be removed and the Crime/GangRP'ers will fight to keep that rule.
1. You cannot avoid it, though. Most of the playerbase engages in either crime/gang roleplay. In almost all cases, it's literally inevitable to encounter a conflict. Conflict is normal. The fact that it escalates so fast is not. I personally have never heard of someone getting their hand/leg/arm chopped off, or their eyeball taken just because they knocked someone out IRL, and the fact that you think it's normal baffles me.
2. "that rule has been in place for years", okay, so? Change is normal. Embrace it! If nothing changes, gang roleplay gets stale and no fun to engage in. Change is nothing to be so dreadfully afraid of. :)

It is not hard to stay out of that side of the community, its a type of high risk/high reward part of the community and you have to understand that there are a lot of players that are 'perm hungry' and will use perms because they have them(which is boring imo)
You are quite literally contradicting yourself. It is hard to stay out of that side of the community because of the players who are perm hungry. And, again, because most people in the playerbase do gang/crime roleplay.

TL;DR:
- Most of the playerbase on SRP does gang/crime rp. Encounters with gang members/criminals are unavoidable.
- Conflict is normal. Tell me there is absolutely no conflict in your life OOC. I will not believe you.
- Conflict does not escalate this fast (unless you deal with absolute psychopaths).
- Change is normal, and good. Without change, things become no more fun. Change keeps us on our toes.

Last edited:

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
I, Cho0ii, hater of everything "I have perms let me stab u" based and lover of everything Roleplay and lore based, believe that we should all go on strike by ignoring every gang member trying to bait perms and treating it as a protest. Along with this I believe KPD should have auto KPS on any person in a gang, and that all citizens should be supplied with katanas in the case that gang members attack them.

Level 71
Dojoro
Dojoro
Fundraiser+
make it so using weapons like bats, pipe wrenches and knuckle dusters (now something else) give majors upon knock out.

catastrofe

Level 11
aslaniy
aslaniy
Omega+
make it so using weapons like bats, pipe wrenches and knuckle dusters (now something else) give majors upon knock out.
honestly i'd be down for this kind of a rule change too. using weaponry in combat leading to a KO, gives majors ? +1

i also agree with tay for the most part. also, i wish for a perms overhaul, but i am not so optimistic about it happening anytime soon. that said, who knows, maybe if enough ppl push for it then it could happen. change is good guys!! if people are unhappy with how something works, and it is constantly leading to stressful or upsetting situations, i dont think that keeping it the same or just saying to ignore the people involved is the way to go. and you know, if we ever did get a perms overhaul and it turned out to be equally bad, that doesnt necessarily mean its a bad thing to have changed it. just that we need to tweak things to get it to work better for everybody involved

also i dont really like the idea of just ignoring people overall, but i do get that it helps in (mostly) avoiding situations that lead to majors. its just horrifically demotivating to have to actively avoid roleplaying just so my characters dont get mutilated over a measly fight, that its pretty difficult to enjoy rp in situations like that. i want conflict, but make it interesting pls chat...

coria

Level 29
vacoria
vacoria
Omega+
I, Cho0ii, hater of everything "I have perms let me stab u" based and lover of everything Roleplay and lore based, believe that we should all go on strike by ignoring every gang member trying to bait perms and treating it as a protest. Along with this I believe KPD should have auto KPS on any person in a gang, and that all citizens should be supplied with katanas in the case that gang members attack them.
real

Mialyansa

Level 62
Reading this thread feels just like when the teachers told you to ignore the school bullies because they would "eventually go away"

Miamorchito

Level 21
Miamorchito
Miamorchito
Omega+
+1
Agreed. A revision should be made towards this rule. I have a personal issue with this "Ignore them" since I had helped some new players in roleplay. . . The amount of times I needed to explain to them that they were being Baited into fights it's beyond normal. It's not that people "Just need to ignore them" problem. If the people are taken advantage upon the inexperienced, then there is a huge problem. Plus, I recall a time when I had to report on a situation where someone ended up chopping a girl's leg; the reason? She insulted. . . They started fighting and in between those lines it concluded that legs needed to go off. . . I guess that that "In between those lines" there can be a reason to chop chop legs, but if you take a moment and look at the general picture, who in their normal and logical mind would think "Oh yes, he told me to fuck off, I shall remove a limb. . ." No sense nor logic. That person hasn't connected for over a month by now, and I have messaged that person that the situation was voided. . . It seems that that person is not coming back.

We need to revise it, and if it means the removal of the rule, then fine, way better than allowing people to bait, failrp, or take advantage of people that are inexperienced in roleplay.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

After receiving feedback from the gangs and criminal roleplay community a little while ago, and discussing with the team, we've decided to add the following rule changes:​
  • 9.2 When minorly assaulting someone, the full extent of your assault is knocking someone out. You may only use weapons that can knock out for minor permissions. Below are examples of in-character motives for minor assault.
  • 9.3 With major assault permissions, you are allowed to break a bone with each instance of permissions that you have on a character. At the same time you receive major assault permissions, you also receive kidnapping permissions.

This means that with minor permissions you can no longer break another player's bone.

This also means that Major Permissions are now for breaking 1 bone. Henceforth you can no longer remove limbs with Major permissions, and can only be done through KPS or OOC Consent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread