Shadonk

Level 13
Shadonky
Shadonky
Omega
IGN: Shadonkadonk
DATE: 11/1/22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Removing the class join in chat for adult accounts / any faction roles that are outside of the school
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
I don't understand why I can see the '[IGN] has started a Highschool Class for [number] students. Join Using /class [number] or [CLICK TO JOIN]'. I have accidently clicked on that message in my chat so many times on my adult account, and yes- it sends me to the class. This normally happens when I tab out and click on my screen to go back into the Minecraft tab, which is probably just a me thing.

I know this is something small but this can be abused in a sense of trolling, rule breaking etc. seeing as you aren't allowed to be on school grounds as an adult (unless given permission ICLY etc..)

zerie

Level 34
jeeellyy
jeeellyy
Rich
+1
PLEAAAASSEEE!!!! As someone with multiple adult accounts I do this way too often accidentally just because I'm trying to tab in and out of Minecraft. It's very annoying and unneeded when it should just be for the people with school roles!!!!!!!!!

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
+1

I've never accidentally clicked one of these classes ever on any of my adult accounts, but I can see how someone would (and it can't hurt)

Wrath ⛥

Level 99
conqnest
conqnest
Notable
-1 it's not hard to not click a button
would like to note, it’s also not about not pressing the button, it’s to remove something that shouldnt be there initially for adult accounts and causes problems due to its presence regardless lol

minustempo

Level 35
minustempo
minustempo
Notable
would like to note, it’s also not about not pressing the button, it’s to remove something that shouldnt be there initially for adult accounts and causes problems due to its presence regardless lol
i think a secondary function of the alert (it's primary ROLE in the society of school roleplay, a roleplay server about school) is to alert people that a class is going on. Why is this a secondary function I hear you ask? Well I propose the idea that schoolrp may actually want you to go to classes, oh but you're an adult, how would you? Near enough every roleplayer with an adult account has atleast one account that's still a bobcat. The secondary function of alerting adults that there is a class going on is so they may swap to another account to join so, likely, or be alerted to such, however, most people on the server don't go to classes unless it's mandatory such as a college class so I recognise I am not in a value consensus and I must preach this is just but a mere deduction of mine.

Lolo

Level 27
HaloBoss29
HaloBoss29
Notable+
i think a secondary function of the alert (it's primary ROLE in the society of school roleplay, a roleplay server about school) is to alert people that a class is going on. Why is this a secondary function I hear you ask? Well I propose the idea that schoolrp may actually want you to go to classes, oh but you're an adult, how would you? Near enough every roleplayer with an adult account has atleast one account that's still a bobcat. The secondary function of alerting adults that there is a class going on is so they may swap to another account to join so, likely, or be alerted to such, however, most people on the server don't go to classes unless it's mandatory such as a college class so I recognise I am not in a value consensus and I must preach this is just but a mere deduction of mine.
My brother in christ.

NikonTheChefRP

Level 34
YourDestr0yer
YourDestr0yer
Omega
+1 should also have it removed for those that have an animal oc too, or maybe for those that are expelled too? As I’ve accidentally joined a class on the account that used to be expelled a couple times

DarkEclipic

Level 158
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
+1

I've suggested this before as I have gotten the button on Shrine, Adult, Animal, and even my Gov. But please, I've accidently clicked on it while trying to click on a number to text back

cho0ii

Level 174
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
+1
I'm not even adult, but I almost lost my cop role cuz I thought the poo up was a friend request, and I almost clicked it

zegevlier

Level 25
Community Team
Developer
This could probably have been filed as a bug report, would be a trivial thing to fix.

elliot<3

Level 58
st4rl0v3r
st4rl0v3r
Omega+
+1

Hasn't happened to me, myself. But it does happen to some of my friends a lot. When either trying to click on a phone number in chat to reply or even thinking that they are tabbed in on the high school account, or college account.

Near enough every roleplayer with an adult account has atleast one account that's still a bobcat.
I know many people who don't have a high school account, but actually have a college account as an alt account. If that is the reason for it, they should also add college classes.

But. . Yeah, I would consider this more of a bug, I have seen a post to do with this in the past. Yet don't remember the comments that had on it, and if it was accepted or not.

If it's not, I would suggest maybe even adding a way ONLY for adults/people of a faction to be able to turn off the class notifications. [ I would think if that would to be added, it would be pretty difficult since it would only be for people of a few specific roles. ]
You never know if some of the adults also don't even have an alt account due to them not being able to afford another account.

Shadonk

Level 13
Shadonky
Shadonky
Omega
Wasn't this suggested before - and accepted?
I have no idea but it's still happening to my adult account!
If it was accepted then Im sure it would be put onto a low priority list seeing as its not a big deal but yk!

Users who are viewing this thread