mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

REMOVE keybinds - tippie

coria

Level 29
vacoria
vacoria
Omega+
I agree with what most had stated above.

Binds like -
/feed | /eat
/carry
/grab
/sit
/lay
should not be removed. There's no reason for them to be removed. If you're in the middle of a chase with someone, you wouldn't stop and type out "/grab", because by the time you finish typing that, the person you're trying to capture is probably multiple blocks ahead of you. Which is unfortunate.

Though we should make a rule where binds such as -
"She'd slap her opponent with full force, causing them to fall back."
"The female would lift them up, placing them on her shoulders."

And multiple other binds that should be typed out rather than popped up with the press of a key should be removed.

Overall, this rule wouldn't be much effective considering that SRP can't fully remove variations of keybinds and keep other ones, and it'd be quite hard to keep track of the people who have those kind of keybinds.

So -1

tl;dr - we can't necessarily remove keybinds from players so it wouldn't be possible.

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
copy and pasting emotes never should've been allowed again. It used to be against the rules and we managed

Pre written actions r the antithesis to rp imo

I think copy and pasting for cheer n whatnot is fine though, but it shouldn't be allowed for combat.

lamby :3

Level 29
Community Team
Event Team
octoplush
octoplush
Omega
Agreeing with others, There are good and bad uses for Keybinds. Cheer team uses Keybinds for performances and I feel like they'd cry if we forced them to copy paste from another doc over to SRP (Would make Pep rallys so less fun...) And even then, For events player-ran events someone might want to do a dance! -1 <3

(I dont like the silly keybinds they scare me and demotivate me to roleplay would you want to stick around in an area where someones screaming "WHAT DADDY WANTS, DADDY GETS" like nty...)

Shadonk

Level 13
Shadonky
Shadonky
Omega

- Cheer would not last, you're crazy if you think it would without key-binds.
- Maybe just ban key-binds from gangrp or just have it heavily moderated / make more specific rules regarding it.

robinzee

Level 22
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
Good news for those who supported this suggestion: it's already been implemented.

1713271768601.png

(from Karakura Crime Discord's #announcements, message by NoZinth)

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We're removing the use of keybinds for actions (/me, /it, including /y, /w, etc.) in combat, however things like pre-made sports actions, or planned non-combat roleplay are still permitted to be used in keybinds.​

Users who are viewing this thread