Level 20
Reapz999
Reapz999
Rich+
IGN: Reapz999
DATE: 4/26
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
REMOVE OR REVISE!
The fact that a new rule has come in that ruins the majority of characters on the server due to lore they have made before and cannot just void an entire family or many more. I especially need it because my character is a father so that puts him in 2 familys right away, hes been in 2 other families for a long time which i cannot just void half of my character and i know people with more families cant just remove themselves or make 800 different characters just to be in a few families. This new rule is horrible and it ruins the roleplay experience on SRP and it needs to be removed as soon as possible or it will ruin the RP and the server forever. Reply to this if you agree and thoughts on how the rule is beneficial because the only reason i think it could be good is for realism, but then make the server fully or dont at all at this point because if nothing gets done so many people and older players will have to remove everything unique about their characters which ruins one of the few things this server has down correct which is trying to be as unique as possible while staying within the realm of human possibility and this will ruin the RP experience for many not just me. Thank you and good day.

EDIT: This rule 15 is under Roleplay rules not any other ones

Reapz999
Reapz#2242
Nathan

Last edited:

Reapz999

Level 20
Reapz999
Reapz999
Rich+
the thing us i understand like being in 15 fams or something ridiculous like that but being in 5-6+ should be allowed! if they dont remove the rule, then at least revise it or it will ruin the rp experience

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
-1/+1
I understand why you want to remove the rule, but I think it will be a better idea to change the number from 2 to 3/4, it's really unrealistic to have 15 families that adopted you at the same time and it will be easy to move the perms on another people. Although, Maybe it will be an option to apply for a third family last name or whatever, in my case as I said my character had 3 last names and as a person in the school faculty I don't gangrp(and of course can't),

if it will change to 3 last names I believe it will stay realistic because
[NAME] [BIOLOGICAL FAMILY] [ADOPTIVE FAMILY] [OPTION- MARRIED or whatever that will be realistic ]
FOR EXAMPLE
Annie Cohen-Dot Mondai.

Reapz999

Level 20
Reapz999
Reapz999
Rich+
I am against removing this already, though I am sure you can have some sort of 'figures' without having the last name, being in a family doesn't necessarily mean you HAVE to have the last name, if you're on good terms with the actual family members in character, that can already make them think of you as family. Overall, you don't need the last name of 30 families to truly be in them, there for respecting our terms on the last names.
I understand that, but the rule outright states that "15. You are limited to only being apart of two families per character." which means you cant just not have the last name it means outright that you cannot be in 2+.

‘Easy; yes your character can only be in two families. However, you could have connections with other families as some sort of 'parent figure' or if you yourself have a parent figure in the family.
This would work but what if your character was part of a family or 3 for months and then suddenly you have to split from the family and make a choice on which to be with.

An idea i have for revision is to have it so you can be in as many up to a certain limit, but only shot 2 last names and a surname if the character ahs one. overall, I respect your opinions and do agree with some parts of them, it is just important to me that nothing gets left out and everyone can have a full experience on the server

Reapz999

Level 20
Reapz999
Reapz999
Rich+
I agree on multiple aspects of Hatola's reply, mine got sent just after so if any overlap thats why

Prosthettics

Level 40
Prosthettics
Prosthettics
Rich
In logical terms, you'd have at most two families:

- A biological one, and/or a family that your character get's inducted/married into

There is no real reason for having any more last names than that; the family system has been abused in terms of being able to instantly pass around permissions without any actual effort required due to the nature of permissions rules surrounding it, functioning the same way as gangs

Nothing is stopping anyone from continuing to roleplay with the same people that they already do, the only difference being that not all of them are some how interconnected through an array of several family names

In short; it was put in place with a purpose

Lovely_Ocean

Level 64
The issue with there being more is this: How would you be in multiple families IF you are only adopted into them?

The reason for two being, 1. you could be maried and hold your maiden name and the name of your partner. 2. If your parents are separated and have different last names.
Well i didnt see pros answer writting this lol

Reapz999

Level 20
Reapz999
Reapz999
Rich+
I see the point in Lovely's latest and Sentinel's replys, but if perms is the problem, and you can already spread perms with everyone you know, then why not revise that instead?

the family culture on SRP is important because it creates more experiences that wouldnt happen if there were none. There are problems with my idea of removal or revisal of the rule, but i find it important that we keep the family culture like how it was with some change,

With what Lovely and others said about logistics of it, its by choice thing. Some people take both last names when they marry or keep both the last names of their parents. This may be more rare but just flat out removing the people from the families seems too much too fast, a revisal is needed at the very least on this at least. potentially allowing more families but display less and revise the permissions given in families

From my time playing, being in 2+ has helped character development, given more attachment throughout the server, and gives more experiences. I understand you can be "in" a family without being a part of it, but thats not the same as being part of multiple.

HawtSauce__

Level 3
the rule, i think, is very realistic. in real life, you’d realistically only be part of two/three families and then you have your “chosen family”. you and your chosen family wouldn’t have the same last names but you still call them your brothers/sisters/siblings and so on. you can also, as lovely has already stated, be a parental figure without sharing last names. many parents and children in real life are related without sharing last names. life happens. children can share last names with one parent but not the other. you should put all familial possibilities into consideration before requesting one very minor rule be removed. staff have thought upon this rule hard i’m sure and put every little thing into consideration. the next step is the other players of srp also use the same common sense.

Reapz999

Level 20
Reapz999
Reapz999
Rich+
The point of SRP is to be unique and I agree with it being more realistic, but it takes away from the experience we already have. Maybe they could have reduced it over time instead of instantly cutting it down

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
have realistic characters and you shouldn't have an issue with rule 15 lol

the family 'culture' of being in 8 families is stupid, infact most FamilyRP is stupid. Adoption is abused too much also. this rule is an attempt to mediate the awful climate players have built by constantly undermining realism when it comes to families, rules like these wouldn't need to exist if there wasn't players that needed to be regulated. I don't mean for any of this to come out as toxic and I know I say this a lot but realism a really simple principle to follow, it just isn't hard to have fun whilst maintaining the theme of the server. The server needs to stay grounded and make sense and have real-life logic to it, otherwise it comes off as cartoony. Being in 7 families is nothing but ungrounded and unrealistic, there's no logic why someone would realistically find themselves into a situation where that could happen, nor has there ever been a culture where adoption works like this or has been like this.

Last edited:

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega

the family 'culture' of being in 8 families is stupid, infact most FamilyRP is stupid. Adoption is abused too much also. this rule is an attempt to mediate the awful climate players have built by constantly undermining realism when it comes to families, rules like these wouldn't need to exist if there wasn't players that needed to be regulated.

This says it all honestly

qbigail

Level 77
Being the person who suggested this rule to be implemented, obviously I agree with the opposing argument on this thread.

Like many people have said, realistically- you should only have one surname. There is so much more to FamilyRP than having multiple surnames to flash your participation in the group.

Simply, it’s not realistic. It ruins RP for School Faculty, especially roles such as teachers whom have to grade things ect. Why would an eighteen-year-old, still a child in some senses, adopt another eighteen-year-old?

I understand your frustration but there are so many more ways for families to be related. Relations such as cousins, nephews, nieces exist.

Thank you for reading!

ProblematicFinn

Level 43
ProblematicFinn
ProblematicFinn
Rich
-1/+1
I'm neutral with this suggestion, as in let there be some minor acceptations like if you are married you can have FOR EXAMPLE "Corbin-Kubo". But also with the gangs not many people want to see the alphabet and also it helps that not so many people are in multiple gangs, as then it becomes like you are almost 'god' when it comes to not being killed. Also no one wants to see a long name, as your RPName. That's just my opinion on this.

Users who are viewing this thread