mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Removing/Revising Rule, 7.2 | SUGGESTION

moesxy

Level 10
moesxy
moesxy
Notable+
+1 The rule is an annoying limitation that should at least become an admin-moderated thing. A good enough roleplayer can not metagame between gangs and also not have bias toward either one.

luvochi

Level 12
luvochi
luvochi
Notable
Yes this forces players to make a choice, but it is a good choice. It allows for more active gangs and more dedicated members.
I can understand what you're trying to get across, but we have to remember this is a roleplay server. It's made for us to have fun, not to be a competition between people. If a gang leader is upset with someone's inactivity, they can take it upon themselves to see to it. Players shouldn't have to be "forced" to make a decision between one thing or another. That just restricts players' creative liberty.
With this, I feel like the term "gang" the server uses is very vague, and isn't equal to all parts of CrimeRP.
As Kismet said here, I make the point again that SRP's defintion of a gang is indeterminate.
Refer to here:
The server's definition of "gangs" are very vague.
Calling, for example, a group of bikers a "gang" just doesn't make sense; so there is no reason why you shouldn't be allowed to be in one if already in a gang. This is simply just an example of how Kismet, ImKana, and I have all been affected by this new rule.
A good enough roleplayer can not metagame between gangs and also not have bias toward either one.
This is also a great point. Failure to take genuine, good roleplayers' efforts is unfair. I've worked very hard as Lieutenant in Akihito while simultaneously starting my own delinquent group. In no way have I or any of my members ever had any problems with metagaming, nor have I lacked any inactivity in either. Why take this away from us if we've done nothing wrong? We're all just having fun, yes?

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
sorry yall... this a -1 from me, I agree with it being similar to factions- You should pick one gang and focus on it, you can still CriminalRP on your other accounts/characters!

luvochi

Level 12
luvochi
luvochi
Notable
You should pick one gang and focus on it, you can still CriminalRP on your other accounts/characters!
If staff is going to keep this rule, they need to at least re-evaluate their set definition of a gang. With the definition now, Kuchisake is considered a gang. If anything- it's more like a cult. Or just simply a group of female bikers who praise Kuchisake-Onna. So unless the definition is changed, I still wouldn't be able to CriminalRP on my alt, in Kuchisake specifically. There is a clear difference between a gang and a group of delinquents/bikers/etc. This situation also goes hand-in-hand with Kana being in Rakkiyatsu and being forced to leave, so it obviously isn't a little change. It's affecting a lot of players.

Aidanator14

Level 14
sorry yall... this a -1 from me, I agree with it being similar to factions- You should pick one gang and focus on it, you can still CriminalRP on your other accounts/characters!
I understand where you're coming from and yes it is a valid point however street racing is considered a criminal activity, so that means in eyes of this new rule you can't be in a racing crew and a gang and to me that just aint making sense.

luvochi

Level 12
luvochi
luvochi
Notable
I understand where you're coming from and yes it is a valid point however street racing is considered a criminal activity, so that means in eyes of this new rule you can't be in a racing crew and a gang and to me that just aint making sense.
This ^

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
Now that I've read all the replies and finally developed some point of view on this suggestion, I do think that it doesn't really make sense for you to be in 2 separate gangs on 2 different accounts . While it should be kept character wise this rule is healthy for those starting with gangs and want to keep it active, sharing activity between 2 different gangs can be quite tiresome and frustrating, yes it's up to whoever is doing this to make the choice but it's also in healthy for the gang owners themselves. For example if I run Sukeban on my main PolarLoLs and join a gang say Myriad, it would be difficult to balance the activity between the two since most of the time timezones clash and meetings have to be push back if this is the case for multiple people in multiple gangs ok multiple accounts which can kill a gangs activity and like stated before it weeds out who really is there to make the gang active.

This rule is one that befiniftis the community or "gang leads" and if you feel like you should be able to be in 2 gangs at once you'll probably be leaving atleast 1 of those gangs later on to improve activity on either to put it lightly not waste each others time trying ying to balance activity that was not put on a sturdy foundation in the first place

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Now that I've read all the replies and finally developed some point of view on this suggestion, I do think that it doesn't really make sense for you to be in 2 separate gangs on 2 different accounts . While it should be kept character wise this rule is healthy for those starting with gangs and want to keep it active, sharing activity between 2 different gangs can be quite tiresome and frustrating, yes it's up to whoever is doing this to make the choice but it's also in healthy for the gang owners themselves. For example if I run Sukeban on my main PolarLoLs and join a gang say Myriad, it would be difficult to balance the activity between the two since most of the time timezones clash and meetings have to be push back if this is the case for multiple people in multiple gangs ok multiple accounts which can kill a gangs activity and like stated before it weeds out who really is there to make the gang active.

This rule is one that befiniftis the community or "gang leads" and if you feel like you should be able to be in 2 gangs at once you'll probably be leaving atleast 1 of those gangs later on to improve activity on either to put it lightly not waste each others time trying ying to balance activity that was not put on a sturdy foundation in the first place
Said it far better than I could have

Sporkmoment

Level 21
Sporkmoment
Sporkmoment
Notable

I do understand this, however; there are many people who can keep activity up on both ends. With people like me, I cannot stay focused on the same thing back and forth. It can get boring! Tedious, and much more that I can't really control. Plus, there would be no lore to reason why either would leave, this is an issue for A LOT of people! I totally get where you guys are coming from, but lets not forget that if this rule was added; it should've been a lot longer ago when gangrp was MORE toxic than it is now.

I don't blame staff in the slightest, as only recently have GOOD changes been coming to the crime aspect; but we need to remember that it should be up to the indiviual themself of how much activity they can take.

Good changes are coming, but we should not limit people of what they do on the server! Thank you for the responses <3

Sporkmoment

Level 21
Sporkmoment
Sporkmoment
Notable

A lot of us aren't fortunate enough to afford multiple accounts. So we resort to using and adapting to one. Everything purchased with money on this game, has been done for me by generous friends.

And, unless I read the rule completely wrong;
You can only crimeRP on one account. (I could be wrong about this, I apologise as it can be hard for me to understand certain text.)

Again, thank you for responding!

luvochi

Level 12
luvochi
luvochi
Notable

I can understand what you mean by this, but applying this standard of not being able to handle activity in two different groups, while also taking note of Cam and Infi mentioning that it's similar to factions, how come you're able to have, let's say, a KPD account and a Professor account? Or an EMS account and a reporter account? If anything, I think those would be harder to manage. If someone is able to handle that and keep up with activity requirements, I'm sure plenty of other players are able to handle being in multiple gangs. (Take the word "gang" lightly. I still believe the definition needs to be changed, but for now I'm referring to "gangs" as what the current definition is.)

Aidanator14

Level 14

Again you do make good arguments and i can totally see where you are coming from however you talk about finding it hard to split time and yes personally you may feel that be an issue, others might not have the same issue as you, many players on the server play different accounts as to play different characters, myself included, with this however there are many players that have many very active characters spread between accounts, so automatically assuming that players wouldn't be active isn't a fair view point.

Adding to that fact for awhile i was only playing Daichi Kajiyashiki in akihito and that was my one and only gang and I played so much i totally lost motivation and i will be the first to admit that i became inactive, now this is me just playing one character in one gang showing that players will still become inactive if they get bored with the RP, now as sukeban's lead you could easily make a rule saying that players can not be in any other gangs as that would then be you, the leaders choice, and players can the decide if they want to be in sukeban or not. However taking away the option for other RP opportunities and forcing players to stay in one gang may have benefits like you and @Infi have said such as more dedication, but just as easily it can have the same knock back effects, no effort, boring rinse and repeat RP and player interactions may even get dull.

With more options players can have more fun with multiple characters across the server exploring the world of karakura how they want to. On one character join akihito and learn the ways of the yakuza? Sick go ahead, on another younger character you created you want to create a female delinquent to totally contrast your other character well go ahead and have fun with both, this is how i believe it should be.

I mean no hate to polar or infi, just want my points to be properly viewed, thanks for reading :)

Last edited:

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
I can understand what you mean by this, but applying this standard of not being able to handle activity in two different groups, while also taking note of Cam and Infi mentioning that it's similar to factions, how come you're able to have, let's say, a KPD account and a Professor account? Or an EMS account and a reporter account? If anything, I think those would be harder to manage. If someone is able to handle that and keep up with activity requirements, I'm sure plenty of other players are able to handle being in multiple gangs. (Take the word "gang" lightly. I still believe the definition needs to be changed, but for now I'm referring to "gangs" as what the current definition is.)
These roles are not as easily managed as you think, I know someone who had to quit baseball captain because kpd took up so much time, EMS is an on and off job which is like gangs in some way, you get back on the account when you need to and focus on the other. Doing this with 2 gangs is something not as easy, you have to be actively pushing out activity logs for your gang and have to do the same with the other, comparing the two isn't really something you can do as they both take up different kinds of activity, one taking more than the other and still proves my point.
Again you do make good arguments and i can totally see where you are coming from however you talk about finding it hard to split time and yes personally you may feel that be an issue, others might not have the same issue as you, many players on the server play different accounts as to play different characters, myself included, with this however there are many players that have many very active characters spread between accounts, so automatically assuming that players wouldn't be active isn't a fair view point.

Adding to that fact for awhile i was only playing Daichi Kajiyashiki in akihito and that was my one and only gang and I played so much i totally lost motivation and i will be the first to admit that i became inactive, now this is me just playing one character in one gang showing that players will still become inactive if they get bored with the RP, now as sukeban's lead you could easily make a rule saying that players can not be in any other gangs as that would then be you, the leaders choice, and players can the decide if they want to be in sukeban or not. However taking away the option for other RP opportunities and forcing players to stay in one gang may have benefits like you and @Infi have said such as more dedication, but just as easily it can have the same knock back effects, no effort, boring rinse and repeat RP and player interactions may even get dull.

With more options players can have more fun with multiple characters across the server exploring the world of karakura how they want to. On one character join akihito and learn the ways of the yakuza? Sick go ahead, on another younger character you created you want to create a female delinquent to totally contrast your other character well go ahead and have fun with both, this is how i believe it should be.

I mean no hate to polar or infi, just want my points to be properly viewed, thanks for reading :)
I do get what you're saying you want to take part in different types of roleplays but it still not healthy for either, when people apply for your gang but are in another again you're shortening activity in either gangs, while I do agree it is limiting roleplay you still have to take Into fact that us as humans can only focus on 1 thing at a time, like me when I was doing multiple School Based Assessments at once, I can only focus on either and more than likely missed out on others, yeah it expands my knowledge on the certain topic or however you want to put it but I still lack in others.

Tourning

Level 8
Tourning
Tourning
Rich
While I'm not involved in GangRP/CrimeRP by any stretch of the imagination, I'd like to suggest something that could ease the whole Metagaming issue that would probably ensue with the removal of Rule 7.2. I propose that you aren't able to join two gangs that are known to be rivals. I understand this may be a pain to moderate but as I mentioned previously, I'd imagine it'd greatly help with lessening the amount of Metagaming that'd actively hurt RP for both parties.

Aidanator14

Level 14
These roles are not as easily managed as you think, I know someone who had to quit baseball captain because kpd took up so much time, EMS is an on and off job which is like gangs in some way, you get back on the account when you need to and focus on the other. Doing this with 2 gangs is something not as easy, you have to be actively pushing out activity logs for your gang and have to do the same with the other, comparing the two isn't really something you can do as they both take up different kinds of activity, one taking more than the other and still proves my point.

I do get what you're saying you want to take part in different types of roleplays but it still not healthy for either, when people apply for your gang but are in another again you're shortening activity in either gangs, while I do agree it is limiting roleplay you still have to take Into fact that us as humans can only focus on 1 thing at a time, like me when I was doing multiple School Based Assessments at once, I can only focus on either and more than likely missed out on others, yeah it expands my knowledge on the certain topic or however you want to put it but I still lack in others.
I get what you mean but i feel like you're speaking from your person like opinion- the words not coming to me, but i know for me i could easily play 2 characters and bang out activity on both and have fun while doing it, for my uni course i had to do 2 assignments of making a house with totally different specifications and i was able to easily complete both these tasks, i just took it in turns doing bits for each and it can be the exact same for the RP, i think the choice should entirely lie with the player, if they are active enough to play 2 characters doing different things then why should they be stopped from having fun and achieving this due to a rule that applies hard limits?

You may find it hard to focus on multiple things but i know for myself personally only focusing on the one thing bores me and i get demotivated rather quickly thats why i always do my best to keep myself doing different things, i do understand ur concerns and opinions though thanks for replying :)

Sporkmoment

Level 21
Sporkmoment
Sporkmoment
Notable
I get what you mean but i feel like you're speaking from your person like opinion- the words not coming to me, but i know for me i could easily play 2 characters and bang out activity on both and have fun while doing it, for my uni course i had to do 2 assignments of making a house with totally different specifications and i was able to easily complete both these tasks, i just took it in turns doing bits for each and it can be the exact same for the RP, i think the choice should entirely lie with the player, if they are active enough to play 2 characters doing different things then why should they be stopped from having fun and achieving this due to a rule that applies hard limits?

You may find it hard to focus on multiple things but i know for myself personally only focusing on the one thing bores me and i get demotivated rather quickly thats why i always do my best to keep myself doing different things, i do understand ur concerns and opinions though thanks for replying :)
This says it perfectly for me!

hebwig

Level 111
i don't mind re-implementing this but it was removed due to issues with people being involved with gangs prior to the 2 days after arrests...there isn't enough consequence on these people after they get arrested in-game when there should be as it's a whole arrest. i'd be willing to do something like this if that cooldown were raised from maybe 2 days without being involved with a gang to 7 days...because that's definitely MUCH more of a consequence & would be beneficial in having this re-added

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
I used to be a high school teacher on two accounts at once while also having a chef role, did three full quotas every month and it was fine. As long as you meet your gangs minimum quota there should be no issue if your in one or two gangs

Users who are viewing this thread