mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Removing/Revising Rule, 7.2 | SUGGESTION

BoringBread

Level 4
BoringBread
BoringBread
Fundraiser+
Hi, me again. Now, I get where a lot of you are coming from. Really, I do! I understand that you might not be able to manage your time between 2 characters or 2 gangs but, many are able to do so! I've been in 3 clubs at the same time and was able to manage my time and stay active on all clubs. I can't stay active on just one character or only be part of 1 gang, that gets boring fast for me. I feel like managing a gang's members is up to the gang's leader.

Sporkmoment

Level 21
Sporkmoment
Sporkmoment
Notable
i don't mind re-implementing this but it was removed due to issues with people being involved with gangs prior to the 2 days after arrests...there isn't enough consequence on these people after they get arrested in-game when there should be as it's a whole arrest. i'd be willing to do something like this if that cooldown were raised from maybe 2 days without being involved with a gang to 7 days...because that's definitely MUCH more of a consequence & would be beneficial in having this re-added
I'd love this! We need more consequences for these actions! This not only pleases both sides like @luvochi said, but also will give others more of a reason to try and not be arrested. (Seriously.. a lot of people do.)

luvochi

Level 12
luvochi
luvochi
Notable
i don't mind re-implementing this but it was removed due to issues with people being involved with gangs prior to the 2 days after arrests...there isn't enough consequence on these people after they get arrested in-game when there should be as it's a whole arrest. i'd be willing to do something like this if that cooldown were raised from maybe 2 days without being involved with a gang to 7 days...because that's definitely MUCH more of a consequence & would be beneficial in having this re-added
This seems like a great way to please both sides

Aidanator14

Level 14
Personally I believe this would be far superior in terms of allowing players to roleplay how they wish.

If you are arrested it used to be you couldn't join back that gang or associate yourself for 7 or 10 days im sure and to be honest i wasn't even aware this rule had been changed, but not being in a gang one week if you're arrested seems much better than only allowing one person to be strictly in one gang especially with how broad the term "Criminal RP" is now.

Not joining back a gang for 7 days also in my own opinion seems more reasonable to stop people breaching this rule, maybe also more ooc punishment if people are in breach of this rule to not join back the gang.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
I used to be a high school teacher on two accounts at once while also having a chef role, did three full quotas every month and it was fine. As long as you meet your gangs minimum quota there should be no issue if your in one or two gangs
Adding on to this, it's the LEADERS job to make sure members stay up with activity, not the staff teams.

robinzee

Level 24
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
I don't agree with this.

Though you make valid points, I view this as like being a part of a faction. This rule was rightfully implemented. Like you can't have two KPD accounts or two EMS accounts, so on and so forth, you should limit yourself to one gang at a time. Having to make a decision on one sole gang means that you will be even more dedicated to that organization. Should you wish to leave and do something else, that option will always be available.

This rule weeds out people who are joining gangs just to say "I was in that gang" and ruling out people who are active in one gang and inactive in another. This rule should have been implemented a very long time ago. Yes this forces players to make a choice, but it is a good choice. It allows for more active gangs and more dedicated members. I myself am currently torn between two gangs. I will be making my decision as per the rule stating. I don't think the rule should even be altered. Having staff verify someone being in more than one gang is a task in its own for our staff team and would be terribly difficult to manage.
Yes, this restriction is placed upon other factions, too, but one must keep in mind that these are official factions and that they don’t split up into smaller ones in ways that matter. A universal rule of “You can’t have two characters in the same faction” wouldn’t work here, because GangRP is not one large faction, it is a bunch of smaller groups weaving a community together. Each one is different, each one has different lore, ideals, goals, events. In this way, we can think of them as smaller factions that take leap from the same baseline instead of seeing GangRP as one faction. KPD ≠ GangRP, KPD = Bonten = Rakkiyatsu and so on and so forth. And even then, we run into the problem of what a gang really is - just because a group partakes in CrimeRP doesn’t make them a gang, in my opinion.

If this rule isn’t re-implemented, the staff should at least reconsider their definition of “a gang”, as has already been suggested by different members in the thread.

Lizalopod

Level 130
+1 to the suggestion, also this ^^^

2 days has always been too little imo. It encouraged throwaways

Sporkmoment

Level 21
Sporkmoment
Sporkmoment
Notable
+1 to the suggestion, also this ^^^

2 days has always been too little imo. It encouraged throwaways
Thank you so much for your reply!

It really does, Hebwig's idea of making it 7-10 days (I think that was the amount?) sounds MUCH better than 2.

Sporkmoment

Level 21
Sporkmoment
Sporkmoment
Notable
Yes, this restriction is placed upon other factions, too, but one must keep in mind that these are official factions and that they don’t split up into smaller ones in ways that matter. A universal rule of “You can’t have two characters in the same faction” wouldn’t work here, because GangRP is not one large faction, it is a bunch of smaller groups weaving a community together. Each one is different, each one has different lore, ideals, goals, events. In this way, we can think of them as smaller factions that take leap from the same baseline instead of seeing GangRP as one faction. KPD ≠ GangRP, KPD = Bonten = Rakkiyatsu and so on and so forth. And even then, we run into the problem of what a gang really is - just because a group partakes in CrimeRP doesn’t make them a gang, in my opinion.

If this rule isn’t re-implemented, the staff should at least reconsider their definition of “a gang”, as has already been suggested by different members in the thread.
Thank you SO much for the reply, you said this MUCH better than I did.

jugheads

Level 6
jugheads
jugheads
Notable
I'm on the edge with this one, if we are taking a real-life factor into this then I'm not agreeing; because are you really going to be 'switching personas' and filling the rule of two maybe three different gangs, what if one is all lore based and another is filled with straight crime; how is that meant to balance out on a character and not make them go insane? I'd understand like different accounts/characters maybe, but one character and account in multiple gangs just seems unrealistic to me.

Now for your character's development, lore, or roleplay experience, I can totally understand; if I were in your shoes I'd probably wish to get out and do the same. I completely understand, but the rules would need to be thought out before just completely revamping it; as I do think it'll lead to more metagame even if it's already a warnable/bannable offense.

-1 / +1

Sporkmoment

Level 21
Sporkmoment
Sporkmoment
Notable
I'm on the edge with this one, if we are taking a real-life factor into this then I'm not agreeing; because are you really going to be 'switching personas' and filling the rule of two maybe three different gangs, what if one is all lore based and another is filled with straight crime; how is that meant to balance out on a character and not make them go insane? I'd understand like different accounts/characters maybe, but one character and account in multiple gangs just seems unrealistic to me.

Now for your character's development, lore, or roleplay experience, I can totally understand; if I were in your shoes I'd probably wish to get out and do the same. I completely understand, but the rules would need to be thought out before just completely revamping it; as I do think it'll lead to more metagame even if it's already a warnable/bannable offense.

-1 / +1

We're talking about on different characters! You shouldn't be able to be in more than one gang on one character. I suggest looking at Hebwig's reply! Thank you for your reply though! <3

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Sadly this rule is already fairly difficult to moderate given players history in other gangs, etc. so it will remain the same for the time being.

Users who are viewing this thread