mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Resource packs || Ballistic mask, gas mask, weapons etc.

MAAD4M

Level 2
Since the ballistic masks and gas masks have been changed due to people with bad PCs not being able to run the former textures, how about we just have two different resource packs? One with all the old textures for the people who can run them and another with the new ones for people who cant.

I don't get why this can't be done, please tell me if I'm wrong about the reason why we have gotten new textures.

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
Reason 1: old resource pack was becoming heavier, this meaning harder to load for both players and server as it uses JSON, a programming language that exchanges information and bla bla, caused issues with the server's performance and that's one out of many others I don't know (as the change began when I quit) but for all I know, this is one reason.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+

Use the format!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's too tedious to do. Some people don't even download the pack off the forums since the server automatically implements it if you allow the option. It'd be near to impossible to make it let those players choose between two resource packs; completely unreasonable + it takes up storage

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
It wouldn't be worth the 3D team's time or effort to maintain a second pack with only niche differences in them. If you want to use the old textures and models, customize the pack on your own; it's not too difficult, but you'll probably need to do a bit of reading to understand how to mess with the json files if you don't already know how.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
Since the ballistic masks and gas masks have been changed due to people with bad PCs not being able to run the former textures, how about we just have two different resource packs? One with all the old textures for the people who can run them and another with the new ones for people who cant.

I don't get why this can't be done, please tell me if I'm wrong about the reason why we have gotten new textures.
-1 No, if you're playing Minecraft, expect Minecraft-style items... The 3D team already has a ton on their workload, now people expect them to double that, creating things that don't even fit their current style? If you look at the blockbench discord or any community that makes Minecraft models, most servers also use a vanilla-like style for their models... Learn to accept change and SRP will be a lot more fun for you and everyone else.

RAYHM

Level 193
RAYHM
RAYHM
Rich+
REVIEWED
There won't be another resource pack made to bring back the old models. These changes are being made to make the models fit with the same style as the game (Minecraft). All the old voxel models or unshaded overmodelled items will be remade eventually to fit the same style as the new ones

Users who are viewing this thread