mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Review how many languages are used to allow the ability for community wanted languages

ethxx.ltd

Level 44
ethxxltd
ethxxltd
Notable
IGN: InfinitysRP
DATE: 01-07-23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Review used languages and unused languages on SRP
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: I believe that by doing this it will not only help the sheer clutter of unused languages but also allow more opportunity for people to get the languages for their characters as with a cleaned up languages list it would need to be filled right back up again! So here I present after a 35 minute research of used and abandoned languages on srp I present to you this! (Blue is the ones I have never seen before in my srp time which started in 2019)

I hope this is helpful

2023-01-07 (1).png2023-01-07 (2).png

adalynoc

Level 109
Government Lead
Builder
adalynoc
adalynoc
Omega+
Neutral
I completely do get your point with this and it makes a lot of sense, and overall could see this being somewhat beneficial. However, I feel that language authorization doesn't always have to be used to communicate. Some people may want an obscure language for lore reasons and backstory purposes. While its probably a small minority of the community who do this, I don't think it's fair that a group of people to completely ignore for the sake of the "list is cluttered"

Last edited:

ethxx.ltd

Level 44
ethxxltd
ethxxltd
Notable
Neutral
I completely do get your point with this and it makes a lot of sense, and overall could see this being somewhat beneficial. However, I feel that language authorization doesn't always have to be used to communicate. Some people may want an obscure language for lore reasons and backstory purposes. While its probably a small minority of the community who do this, I don't think it's a group of a group of people to completely ignore for the sake of the "list is clutted"
Yk what I have to agree with that as I was someone who wanted to do that with a languages but it hadn't been on the list

dorian

Level 11
hotwiring
hotwiring
Rich

I don't see how this would help with people getting more languages they'd wish for, its already been stated that no new languages will be added--which is how it should remain, in my eyes. I'm not keen on removing any of the current languages though, because no matter how vacant they may seem, someone out there is bound to have it. As Zaldoria mentioned, it'd be a damn shame for someone's lore-related language to be blipped into the void because it was deemed as too unengaging.
One example, I am currently writing a language application for one of the languages that you've crossed out. I understand the suggestion and I see how people could want it to be easier to navigate, but at the end of the day it'd cause more harm than good. Nobody wants to change their character's lore because a language important to it has been voided from the server

cho0ii

Level 169
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
Neutral

Although there are many unused languages on SRP, and it does take up a lot of space on the plug in, I do believe the wide range of languages fit well for character lore. I know a small amount of people on the server (yes small but does make a difference) do actually have some of the languages you wish to remove, and as much as I agree that they're wasting space on the plug-in, I do find it really interesting when I meet someone who speaks a language on SRP that very few people speak. It adds a lot to the character, and makes them more interesting I find, especially when it comes to accents, and I also want to learn more about that culture when I find someone on SRP who's character is from such a small culture.

DeeHax

Level 2
I like this idea, not only would it make the language lists a lot less intimidating, but it would also add room for languages that we want

+1

dorian

Level 11
hotwiring
hotwiring
Rich
but it would also add room for languages that we want
That's the thing. There's no set limit of languages that can be on SRP, just the fact that no more will be added. It's be stated before, with new language requests, that the server won't be gaining any new ones. I see the appeal of 'freeing up the slots' but there wouldn't be any slots to fill, just vacant space

Hirathex

Level 240
Administrator
Black Market Lead
Media Team
Hirathex
Hirathex
Omega+
+1/-1

I was thinking about bringing this up in a staff meeting, I feel like there’s definitely underused languages we could remove in place of more common ones. Personally when I first joined SRP I had an Indonesian character and was disappointed to see Indonesian wasn’t a language option.

However, as it’s been mentioned that even in the less common languages there are people on the server who still use them. Wouldn’t be fair to completely remove them. I don’t believe there’s any way to see how many people have a certain language at any given time.

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
Neutral
Tbh I just wanna see English added. It never will because it's believed people already struggle to understand we're in Japan (which go figure, you'd think people would figure it out with all the Japanese-named locations and writing) and I guess adding English makes that 100x more confusing to people

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

- As a lot of these languages have at least some players actively using them, removing them at this point would only restrict their roleplay​

Users who are viewing this thread