MrSharkyJR

Level 26
MrSharkyJR
MrSharkyJR
Fundraiser+
IGN: RickPD
DATE: 14/01/2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

I wish to start off by saying that I understand that this might seem fair but trust me, this could work out perfectly fine if done right.

I wish to suggest that there will be a new command for police officers that puts them in vanish (fly and invisible) and makes them able to fly, this is so they can do CCTV. before you go to the commands immediately, allow me to explain.

At the moment staff is the only ones that are allowed to do these things which are okay, though I sometimes miss them and don't know where they are. usually, they are already helping someone else or are in roleplay and that is 100% okay, don't get me wrong. BUT this can also mean if no one is available to do this kind of thing who will do CCTV then? Yeah, no one seen as no one else can do it. Therefore I wish to suggest making a /cctv command only for officers that allows them to tp and vanish.

Summary of how it will work:
It will befairly simple, the only way for officers to gain access to this is when they are located in the CCTV room, only then they can do /cctv otherwise they cant. they must have done two actions that indicate them logging on & checking CCTV on the area or person. then they can tp and vanish (if they didn't action it won't be valid) and they can then do cctv. but then there will be multiple options that can work.

OPTION 1:
As soon as a police officer did cctv they can no longer help out as they have seen where they are oocly. this means they will play as cctv until the manhunt is over or until it's no longer needed.

OPTION 2:
they ARE allowed to still help out but they can't meta where they are of course. the only way they can meta is that the person that is being searched is in front of a CCTV (in range). of course, this might sound too the op so it's up to others to say if they like this or not.

OPTION 3:
make it so they can only tp to cctv spots, therefore it will be more realistic to where we are ACTUALLY searching for the culprit and it would show us the range and where we can see, think of it like FNAF cameras.

OPTION 4:
similar to option 3 is that we can help out BUT only when they are in CCTV range, if not then we can meta and that is not cool and okay so that means we cannot move out of CCTV, else we can.

I'm sure there are many more options and things I can think of but these are just 4 of many things we can do.

Once we are done with CCTV it could be done when we do /cctv again we get tp'd/placed back in the CCTV room and TADAAA were done :)!

lastly, I wish to say if an officer is alone or with one other it could be nice or along these lines if where the officer doesn't see cctv near they can still help though can only follow the other officer.

o, don't worry about punishment, they should be in place if abused:
ban for 30 days and of course a demotion (this can of course be set to something else that would fit the deed done, think of minor or major offense)

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

I think It would make it much easier and better for all police officers if we could do it on our own, this will make the process much quicker and it could also mean we can deal with a call faster instead of needing to wait 10 minutes for staff to get cctv (no offense to all staff as I respect their work and think they are really good at it). This can also mean that staff have more time and opportunity to roleplay and or help other people with problems.

I would love to talk about it with someone, perhaps on the staff/dev team so this can be worked out. I really miss this thing sometimes as I want to catch all the bad guys as an officer and need to search a map that is quite large without cctv is really a pain and CCTV really is a big feature for all KPD officers.

Ok, you are now allowed to command ur thoughts and I would love to hear your ideas on how to improve them! instead of turning it down try to think of a way to make it better ;)

that's all! thanks!​

Tarxan

Level 25
I think something that is possible and can be developed is a GUI for CCTV. Once in the CCTV room, the cop checking CCTV could click a sign or do a command (that’s restricted to only be able to be done in a set area) to check CCTV. Once clicking the sign, said player will be teleported to CCTV locations and switch between them without other people seeing the GUI, much like the wardrobe plugin. Simple solution that doesn’t include much possibility to meta and can indeed be coded.

MrSharkyJR

Level 26
MrSharkyJR
MrSharkyJR
Fundraiser+
I think something that is possible and can be developed is a GUI for CCTV. Once in the CCTV room, the cop checking CCTV could click a sign or do a command (that’s restricted to only be able to be done in a set area) to check CCTV. Once clicking the sign, said player will be teleported to CCTV locations and switch between them without other people seeing the GUI, much like the wardrobe plugin. Simple solution that doesn’t include much possibility to meta and can indeed be coded.
I like how you think about it, thank you!

Lizalopod

Level 130
I was about to suggest this in here, excellent idea :p

+1

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Thank you for your feedback, however we've partially accept this suggestion.

- We were recently testing a new system for CCTV and we're planning on creating something to allow police officers to access CCTV anytime using an in-game computer system in a future update. Click Here

Users who are viewing this thread