robinzee

Level 22
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
Ridley Akiyama | 秋山リドリー
"If you love everyone so much, dear... you truly love no-one."

ridori (1).jpg
(Character art by the ever-talented @reifumo )

♪ ♫ S O U N D T R A C K ♫ ♪
Character Theme -
Main Menu (From "Resident Evil VII: Biohazard")

BASIC INFORMATION

G E N D E R
|
♀ Female ♀
A G E |Nineteen
B I R T H D A T E |December 25, 2002
P L A C E • O F • B I R T H | New York City, USA
R A C E | American Japanese
A L I A S E S| 'KARASU', 'OUR BENEFACTOR', 'The Referee', Jill, Katarzina Alasije
M A R I T I A L • S T A T U S | Single, though Ridley considers 'love' a fool's errand, so the chances of this changing are slim at best.
L A N G U A G E S | English, Japanese
M O R T A L • S I N S | PRIDE.
S I G N A T U R E • S K I L L S| Logic, Rhetoric, Drama & Suggestion
A L L I G N M E N T | Chaotic Neutral
S E X U A L I T Y | Pansexual Aromantic
O C C U P A T I O N S | [ REDACTED ]

GENERAL APPEARANCE

P H Y S I C A L • A P P E A R A N C E

Ridley has a naturally curvy body, but it's not something she flaunts. She keeps her hair up in a high ponytail. Her fringe frames her picture-perfect face, adorned on her left cheek with a scar in the shape of an inverted cross. Her brown eyes are often drawn to things other people may look away from. She wears slim glasses. Her clothing is almost always formal, preferring to wear a shirt, tie and long skirt.

P E R S O N A L I T Y

Ridley is a charismatic young woman who hopes to make everyone happy and make the world a better place. She has a strong sense of justice and believes that all people should be free from suffering and torment. She's always willing to help people and will do whatever it takes to ensure justice is served. Of course, Ridley isn't flawless; she can be arrogant at times and tends to speak before thinking. However, these are only small quirks in Ridley's personality. When push comes to shove, she'll never let others suffer for no reason.

Or so others may think.

On the inside, Ridley Akiyama is a cold, calculating monster who will stop at nothing to achieve her goals. She has a dark outlook on life, considering nihilism "an ultimately hopeful philosophy". Ridley is very manipulative, nudging people into doing what she wants them to do and using their positive emotions against them by poking logical holes in their reasoning. Fortunately for her, unfortunate for the vast majority of those who get in her way, she was blessed with great intellect, capable of impeccable planning. Chess is something she enjoys.

Ridley firmly believes that the punishment should fit the act. Homicide is, to her, one of the less severe punishments she can give out. Most issues she can simply move past - albeit after removing a limb or two. She finds murder too simple, too old-fashioned, too quick. If she were truly to punish someone... well, perhaps it's better to keep that to ourselves, no?

D I S E A S E S / I L L N E S S E S

Following an unfortunate incident in her youth, Ridley was diagnosed with high-functioning PTSD.

C H A R A C T E R ' S V O I C E

Kirari Momobami (Elaiza Ikeda) from "Kakegurui"

HISTORY

Has she always been like this...? Ridley doesn't remember.

The first thing she remembers is the feeling of disconnect she felt upon entering this world. A bright light, followed by chants. "It's a girl! Oh, how wonderful!"
That is the only thing she remembers from her childhood firsthand, though she must have had one since her mother was alive and there to tell her of the life she was dragged through. Her own story through the eyes of another, her childhood must be, by all accounts, taken with a grain of salt.

She was born on the 25th of December, a wonderful Christmas present to the Akiyama family. The history of the Akiyamas is irrelevant in Ridley's personal history since she now considers herself distant from them - no ties that bind, she is chainless. She was, allegedly, a very smart child from a young age, a girl with an affinity for logic, affection for chess and speaking, always the centre of attention. The child of a dentist, Ridley grew up around her mother's solo practice, where she gained a basic understanding of the tools of her mother's trade. She became no stranger to probes, anaesthetics, drills, syringes and the like.

Ridley is told she had a regular life until the incident. Following a traumatic event when she was fifteen years old, she lost all memories from before the event and only became armed with her name and her motor skills. She was never told what the incident was, though there are a few things she has deduced have something to do with it. For one, the lack of a father and her mother's unwillingness to discuss him, but Ridley considers this a red herring. Secondly, she appears to receive brief flashbacks while enjoying the beach. And lastly, the scar on her cheek - she doesn't appear to have it in older photos. She was diagnosed with PTSD and retrograde amnesia. Her PTSD diagnosis was not revealed to her.
Ridley sprung into a beautiful young woman, constantly smiling, kindness to others plenty, yet she never seemed to be happy or truly satisfied. Inside, she always felt empty. Upon discussing these feelings of emptiness with her psychiatrist, the psychiatrist and Ridley's mother decided that a change of environment was in order. Ridley was given a list of locales in the US she could choose to go to, but she wasn't able to choose. It all felt the same to her, no risk, no gain, there was no fun in it. New York City, Washington D.C., Salem, San Francisco, they were all the same in her eyes. She stayed there for a few months, then she'd disappear. Nobody would miss her, and she wouldn't miss anyone.

And then, Karakura revealed itself to Ridley, as treasure to a grave digger. A documentary about the South-Japanese town was recommended to her, followed by extensive research... Ridley found her place. A city where the law feared the gangs, many of the town's institutions run by a singular family, rumours of teleportation, ghosts, cults... an unpredictable environment for the girl who loved prediction.

She set out right away.

In Karakura, she enrolled in the local college, primarily studying Criminology to gain an upper hand over the town's many adversaries. During this time, she also began seeing a psychiatrist again - Dr Reina Hamasaki - and became friends with Dr Hamasaki's daughter, the unfortunate Ichika. Hamasaki diagnosed Ridley with high-functioning PTSD, and this time, with all the cards on the table, Ridley felt lost. The emptiness inside her grew ever stronger, her only escape being art. This emptiness manifested itself as the motif of metamorphosis in her art submissions, more often than not in the form of a blue monarch butterfly. She felt as if trapped in a cocoon, wishing for her rebirth. But the only time she felt her shell cracking was when she did something morally wrong.

Her path soon crossed Iki Saitou's and Percival Niiyama's, two highly impressionable street kids. The duo of troublemakers soon fell under Ridley's control after a series of manipulative acts by Ridley designed to get them to trust her more than anything else. Together, they founded The Kabuki Corporation, a shady agency priding itself on the values of "fixing Karakura through community service", but selling out contractors to whoever paid the most -- usually underworld operations.

Following the disappearance of Fight Club referee Otsuki Kenji (that she facilitated) and FC's fall into illegality, Ridley took over Otsuki's post before continuing on her own rise to FC fame. Skipping the title of Assistant Manager altogether, she became Fight Club Manager at the age of 20, likely the youngest manager in Fight Club history. During her term there (where she remains to this day), she quickly became a trusted figure - Maeve 'TEARLINER' Fitzgerald revealed his identity to her following a close call with the police and 'DRIVER', the director of Fight Club, felt comfortable enough to share his plans for more underground businesses with her, inviting her to join him.

(T B C)

[ Biography Template based on @Gamma Rose's Biography Format ]​

Last edited:

robinzee

Level 22
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
9/12/22: Updated Ridley's biography.
Added history up to joining Fight Club, signature skills (from Disco Elysium), updated age (19->20), changed voice and aliases.

Users who are viewing this thread