mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Right... Thoughts on real life school?

ErikFinster

Level 114
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
I was a terrible student (due to undiagnosed ADHD and crippling depression) so the teachers always told my parents that I was “gifted but lazy” and I failed horribly in exams. I repeated the 6th grade (back in 2000) and the 11th grade (around 2006).

I had several different roles I adopted to survive. I was a harmless class clown for a few years. After that I had a short but intense violent streak were I wrestled with bullies and teachers. After that I turned into a standard nerd, hanging out in the computer room, writing the school newspaper, playing magic the gathering, and reading mangas. And in my last two school years, I actually managed to become one of the cool kids.

I had two romantic situations in school, one love triangle with the local preacher’s daughter and her best friend. I’m still cringing about that one.

Took me 15 years to get my college admission.

School overall was pretty much the worst thing I ever experienced. What a nightmare. The universities and colleges are slightly better, but I still experienced some WILD drama there.

It took me 9 years to get my bachelor's degree. Life is full of surprises. Few things are straightforward.

ilovemyplane

Level 91
ilovemyplanex2
ilovemyplanex2
Omega+
Explains why you’re able to be on all the time
I was a terrible student (due to undiagnosed ADHD and crippling depression) so the teachers always told my parents that I was “gifted but lazy” and I failed horribly in exams. I repeated the 6th grade (back in 2000) and the 11th grade (around 2006).

I had several different roles I adopted to survive. I was a harmless class clown for a few years. After that I had a short but intense violent streak were I wrestled with bullies and teachers. After that I turned into a standard nerd, hanging out in the computer room, writing the school newspaper, playing magic the gathering, and reading mangas. And in my last two school years, I actually managed to become one of the cool kids.

I had two romantic situations in school, one love triangle with the local preacher’s daughter and her best friend. I’m still cringing about that one.

Took me 15 years to get my college admission.

School overall was pretty much the worst thing I ever experienced. What a nightmare. The universities and colleges are slightly better, but I still experienced some WILD drama there.

It took me 9 years to get my bachelor's degree. Life is full of surprises. Few things are straightforward.
A lot of this is very relatable, Jesus Christ. I’m sorry school was that tough to you though man, but at least you got through it eventually

ny00m

Level 19
DeyeetMe
DeyeetMe
Rich+
I only got into school again because going to work 5-6 days a week was driving me insane, so I'd say I like it. Might also help that I have a thing for academic buildings

ErikFinster

Level 114
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
Explains why you’re able to be on all the time

A lot of this is very relatable, Jesus Christ. I’m sorry school was that tough to you though man, but at least you got through it eventually
School is like its own microcosm, where numerous factors are beyond your control.

(There are aspects of the school experience that aren't suitable for open discussion, so I'll refrain from delving into those.)
However, I do want to assure you that, often, situations tend to resolve and fall into place over time. Granting things more time can be very beneficial. Patience and resilience are valuable allies. Ultimately, you'll likely find a sense of pride in having navigated through these challenges. The hard stuff - makes us survivors.

The world seems to expand significantly after school.
You'll learn the importance of self-care and grapple with various responsibilities.
It's quite an experience.

kustomzero

Level 129
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
When they say Highschool is different from University they mean it.

Don’t wish yourself to be grown up right now it’s a trap. Enjoy your childhood as much as you can because before you know it you’ll be walking across the stage getting your college degree and entering the real world even deeper.

cho0ii

Level 174
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
i was homeschooled because the school refused to stop me from being bullied. i think it explains it

soratheonly

Level 55
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
I'm a nerd, I think that explains it (HW is kicking my butt right now because I was sick for so long and still am)

_ImHere4You_

Level 40
Lowkey, i love school and hate it. It gives me a sense of order , i can plan my day around school and have assigned work to get done. I love that part of school. Since i think its important to be able to work with our responsibilities and learn how to manage it all. yes, it comes with prolly tears and break downs, but you'll have to do it regardless so might aswell learn how.

I love social events, being social in general too!!

I'm a social-introvert , i genuinely enjoy talking to people , presenting, talking on stage / assembly and such. ( up until i need my alone time that is. )

The subjects are also neat, i hate chemistry ( pretty much suck at it too its terrible i HATE IT ) and do decent on other subjects.

what i don't like is mostly the teachers. Some teachers do phenomenal job, the others, not so much. I had racist teachers, some that are too kind and cant control a class, some are good humans but just cant teach for the life of them. The only reason i haven't switched ( or asked my parents to switch me ) to homeschooling is so that i can keep that sense of order and schedule that i NEED to work around in order to better manage my work-life later on.

Overall its a solid meh and 7/10 .

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
i don't mind school in itself, however there ARE things I'd suggest a change for

Users who are viewing this thread