RippedZan

Level 6
RippedZan
RippedZan
Omega+

What is your in-game name?:
RippedZan

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
My Discord is RippedZan, and I do have a working microphone.

List your timezone and country:
EST | United States | Virginia

Describe your Activity:
Sunday​
Monday​
Tuesday​
Wednesday​
Thursday​
Friday​
Saturday​
Noon - Midnight
No College​
2 pm - 2 am
No College​
Noon - 2 am
No College​
Noon - 2 am
College​
3 pm - 2 am
College​
3 pm - 2 am
College​
3 pm - 2 am
College​

Link any significant applications (e.g., roles/teams, exclude languages):
Denied | Shopkeeper | https://schoolrp.net/threads/shopkeeper-application-otakaya.60202/
(this was my first ever application)

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
Over the last few months, I have made friends with other Reporter Faction. Apon learning more about the faction I have become fasinated with it, especially because I already have a few friends associated in it. I haven't found a faction that would fit perfectly for my character until I learned about the Reporter Faction. Along with my love for roleplay, I heavily enjoy writing, making stories, and much more. I believe that the faction would fit in perfectly with the character I am applying with. My main reason for applying is just to get into a faction for the first time, and a lot of my icly family has chosen the school faction and that isn't a route I want to go just yet. A side reason is the roleplay aspect of the faction, being able to interact with more adults in a job that doesn't heavily pressure you from all sides. As this is my first official, proper application to a faction, I am looking forward to meeting new people and making new friends on this path.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
I have helped write lore for previous roleplay servers, enjoyed some story telling for college English projects, and so on. I have experience writing and quite enjoy it when I can. It is something I am very passionate about when I have time to do so. It is something I miss doing more often than ever and I believe the best way to be able to write like I used to is to join the Reporter faction.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
Yes, I am well aware of the rules provided to me and will follow them to their full extent.

Why should we accept you over others?:
I have now almost been involved in SRP for a full year, this upcoming late April will be my one year anniversary from when I first joined. While I do concider myself a newer player, I have the roleplay and writing experience others do not possess. While yes, if accepted this would be my first faction, but it also means you have a person to put under your wing and guide them down the right path. Another perk is that I easily get along with new people, especially with some of my friends already being in the faction I can get along with the current faction members I have yet to make friends with.

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)
As a reporter you cannot simply take sides, you need to remain neutral no matter what happens. You don't want to seem you are siding with anyone because you wouldn't know the danger or outcome of the situation.

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
As I am active daily, and find joys in writing, I would find it to be more difficult not to complete the monthly quota. With the opportunities that come with the server, writing our reports should not be hard to complete.

Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:

What I imagine work as a reporting being is a lot like intel in a gang. Running around around town, gathering information, and attending events. But of course this would be on a professional level as well as legal. I could also see us working in our offices, attending mettings and interviews, or working with other reporters on stories. I always enjoy seeing the new reports pop up in chat, it's something that makes the roleplay seen more enjoyable.​

IC (In-Character) Information:

Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Full Name:

Yamato Caldèron-Munakata Hanazono, or simply just Yamato, no need to be so formal..

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr):
Yamato..

Current Age (25+):
As much as I dislike revieling my age, I also understand this is a job application. I am actively 27 years old.

Past job/work experience:
I helped out with Art Club while in high school, but other than that I have nothing.

Degree/qualifications:
After graduating from Karakura High School, I left the island to attend college in Sapporo to get an degree in Writing and Journalism.

Nationality and born location:
Japanese – Sapporo, Japan

Phone Number:
My number is, 030-810-1840. Even a few reporters already have is as well.

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
I see myself as a hardworking, push forward through every challenge kind of man. If there is a challenge, I want to be able to face it head on, but at the same time I want to make sure I am well prepared for what challenges laid ahead of me. Even when times get difficult, and it seems like a struggle to crawl out of bed in the morning, I always put my work first when it needs to be. I like to prove that I can do what I love and what is best for not only myself but my work as well. I will always put myself in a professional position for work, especially while outside of the workplace. Even when I am off duty, I would not want to put myself in a position to put bad representation towards the Karakura Reporters, or any of my higher ups for any jobs I take in my future.

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
I find interest in writing stories, play by plays of events, and even writing about sports games or events. I achieve this by going around town and just watching different things happen from where they happen. From attending car shows at the bowling alley, to attending festivals around the city, to even attending family weddings. I would also like to get out of my comfort zone, learn to write different things and widen my range of experience and expertise.

What are your expectations for the job?:
What I expect from this job is a lot of running around town, interviewing different citizens, and spending a lot of time sitting at a desk and writing up reports, and that is just to put it into my simpler terms. I also expect meetings with different reporters, higher ups, and even different faction members for interviews.

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
Sadly, I do have 1 single run in with the law. I was arrested for evasion, but that was it. It was simply something dumb I did when I was younger, and I have had a clean record since. Those two weeks sitting in that cell were enough to steer me clear of that life style.

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
I fluently speak Japanese and Spanish. I am looking to learn another language, but I will look at that another time.

PROMPTS:

#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing players about an event or significant issues to Karakura.

1709504536597.png

The island and city of Karakura

Before I start this report, allow me to explain the area of my home, Karakura Japan. The largest island of the Izu archipelago, sitting at a square length of 102.25 km The island has it's own mountain range of Kohaku, it's own beaches, city, surburban and rural areas. It even has three of their own forests, Kampo, Itsbyoshi, and the Ochiban Forest. The city itself is surrounded by the Kohaku Mountains, with the more rural areas sitting just outside mountain range, accessable by two tunnels on either side of town. The main city itself is heavily populated, being divinted into 12 districts: Plaza, high school and college, business park, North-Western, Sawagashimichi, Shopping district, Motokawa, Kaigan, Shizukanamichi, Pier, Itsbyoshi, and Ochiba. Outside, just past the Togu Tunnel is the rural district of Tsubasa, which has a library, a delivery center, a grocery store, and a small clinic, along with othe miscellaneous facilities for our popuations. Some of the other larger facilities just outside the mountain range is Karakura Elementary School and the islands own Internation Airport.

Town Events and Updates

With the information given above, let's get into our report. Seemingly overnight, brand new things have yet come to town. Waking up this morning, there was a strange noise, something even I haven't heard in quite awhile. The street racers were active again, but this time something was different and much louder than before. Rushing to get up to investigate, opening my front door the flood of sound intering my apartment as the street racers were enjoying racing their cars around the city at a much faster and dangerous speed. I run over to the dealership, seeing a large group of people standing around, cars lining the street, and others racing around the corner of the sports dorms. This is where I began to learn what was added to town and what was making people so hyperactive about it.

Karakura’s Very Own 11-7

One of the updates that has come to town is the cities very own gas station. Once 11-7 say street side to Itsbyoshi lane, having a small outdoor seating area between the 11-7 and the furniture store. Now with the new updates the back of the 11-7 faces the side of the furniture store and the 6 brand new gas pumps sit on the corner of Itsbyoshi Lane and the parking lot to the Akihito Estate and the Saiky Estate. With the location of the new gas pumps, you can easily drive in, fill your tank, grab a snack, and get back on the road.

Karakura’s Auto Dealership and Mod Shop

Along with the new gas station, there has been an update to the Itsbyoshi Complex L Automotive Dealership. A new car modification shop as been added to the left of the auto dealership, run by the same Tetsuo Okamoto. There is as well two brand new vehicles you can buy from him as well, a 2 seat Prius, and a 4 seat N-Box.

1709502116073.png

#2 - Interview. It's important to have well-rounded questions. Create your own interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself.
1709503038124.png
[!] An MP3 file began to play, the sounds of papers rustling as two people would sit down almost simultaneously. [!]
Yamato:
Thank you for meeting me today, Mr. Tomohiro, I will try and make this interview as fast as possible.
I know how important you are to your students at the high school and wouldn’t want them waiting too long.

Tomohiro:
[!] Let out a belly laugh as the sounds of his cane tapping the ground could be heard [!]
Of course Yamato! You know how I am in my classes, thank you for interviewing me.

Yamato:
[!]
Let out a small chuckle before clearing his throat [!]
Then let’s get started, I wanted to interview you about your thoughts and views about the city compared to the mainland.

Tomohiro:
Then, ask away.

Yamato:
When you first arrived in the city, what were your opinions and thoughts about the island?

Tomohiro:
The only reason I came to Karakura was because my two sons were working for the city. The city is… well, rather ‘open’ with their ways of crime and exploits.

Yamato:
I see, well aside from crime, what do you like least about the city, aside from its crime?

Tomohiro:
[!] moment of silence went over the room before Tomohiro snapped his fingers! [!]
How, even if reported to SLT, how many kids still get bullied by Jocks and the Jocks get nothing done to them.

Yamato:
During my time in Karakura high, I did see that quite frequently.. Now, how about your most favourite thing about the city?

Tomohiro:
I quite enjoy going up to the shrine! The Hot springs works wonders on an old body like mine.

Yamato:
I’ve only been up there a few times, so next time I am up there I will go check out the hot springs, they must be nice on a cold winters’ day. Is there something about the city you would like to see changed or alternated?

Tomohiro:
What I would like to see altered is how the hospital operates. Like the whole setting up a psych appointment.

Yamato:
That does have a bit impact on the mental health of the city. Would you like to see certain things the mainland has that the city doesn’t have or offer?

Tomohiro:
As yes, mainland do have walk-ins. But for busy folks, like teachers or professors, don’t have that luxury on same day appointments and need to sit it up in advance.

Yamato:
As someone who does get mental help from the mainland, I can understand the importance of mental health and why having it be accessible to everyone is extremely important. Would you recommend the city for outsiders coming from the mainland?

Tomohiro:
I would recommend them on investing in earplugs. The amount of… ‘yap’ that happens in this town is too much at the best of times. The amount of times I would walk by a conversation talking about ‘onrain’ and how they are ‘rizzing’ each other. I am old, I don’t understand all of this and nor do I care to know about their private life.

Yamato:
You don’t have to tell me twice, despite me having an account on Onrain, I hardly ever use it as social media is not something for me. Are there certain things you prefer from the mainland that the city doesn’t have?

Tomohiro:
More open bars and sit-down places after work. I sometimes like to just go to a place after work and drink with my co-workers and have dinner before returning home. But there is RARELY a shop like that is even open. More or less only a couple of times a month.

Yamato:
I couldn’t agree more with that, a bit more of a life in the restaurant scene wouldn’t be bad at all. Are there certain things you would like the city to adapt to like the mainland does?

Tomohiro:
[!] A moment of silence before Tomohiro would speak up [!]
If anything, the mainland should take a lesson out of Karakura. The social life is more here than the mainland, especially between the different jobs. There are more connections and more friendships.

Yamato:
That is a reaction I was not expecting, especially after hearing so much about how the city should be more like the mainland. Now.. what are your thoughts about the crime that you can see.. what seems to be around every corner?

Tomohiro:
Terrible, absolutely horrible. I am shocked that the police aren’t really doing much to combat this.

Yamato:
Okay, this is the last question before we end this interview. Would you choose to stay here on the island, or choose to live back on the mainland?

Tomohiro:
Hm.. That is a hard decision. I am very into my job as a Teacher here in Karakura and the pay is nice, so for the moment. I will stay in Karakura to help the youth.

Yamato:
That is nice to hear, especially as a previous student myself. That you for taking the time to have this interview with me Mr. Tomohiro.

Tomohiro:
Thank you, Yamato, or should I say Mr. Hanazono.

Yamato:
Now that sounds too formal, please just call me Yamato. This interview is officially over, and you may get back to your students.

[!] The audio file would end. [!]

Rich+ RippedZan - TIMIDDADI
[College] Zaniel "Zan" A. Zennix
[Grade-12] Yamato Munakata-Hanazono​

Last edited:

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
ApplicationStuffs (2).png

We appreciate the time and effort you put into applying - however, there are other applications we preferred this time around, so we have chosen to place you on pending!
- The next time a faction member leaves, you will be DMed about the spot opening
Please DM @ aania on Discord if you have any queries about the application​

Last edited:

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
acceptedapplications.png

After careful discussion with the other members of the faction, we have chosen to accept you:

Please get in touch with me via Discord @ aania to start the process and get you set up!

Welcome to the News Faction! :D

Users who are viewing this thread