robinzee

Level 22
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
1681163347146.png

Player Information

What is your Minecraft username?:

The IGN of the account I'm using to apply for this role is robinaye. My main account on the server is robinzee.

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your Discord username?):

I'm on Discord every day as it is my primary form of internet communication. My Discord username is robbishbin#4860.

How old are you?:

I'm 18 years old, but still young at heart, I promise.

What is your time zone?:

My timezone is Central European Summer Time (CEST). For reference, it's UTC + 2:00.
I plan on opening during regular hours for this timezone, so people don't have to stay up too late in this timezone just to get Minecraft school simulator roleplay items.

Describe your activity on the server:

Hi, I'm Robin. I began playing about a year and a half ago now.

I was (or rather, my character was) accepted into Fight Club in the role of bartender. There, I worked my way up the ranks and became a referee, head referee, and am now acting as manager. During my time there, I missed a very small number of openings. All missed openings were noted in advance through inactivity logs. Fight Club has given me experience that will no doubt prove useful as a shopkeeper.

I took part in Toto & Springwood's Fight Club Tournament Season One as a supporting character. In the final confrontation, I played the role of the hostage. I took part in the Yamaguchi-Gumi VS Akihito Clan War. I also served as manager in 2/3 openings of Fight Club's Second Tournament Arc. I am currently an IC commander and one of the OOC organisers of Keikaku Maihemu as part of my FC Season 3 duties. I helped Toto streamline many of the systems of FC, such as the employee payout system, the betting station and the new stat-based fighting system. So far, we have seen nothing but acclaim from the fighters who have used it, calling it "fun", which is important to me.

Non-Crime-wise, I joined the Faculty Faction as a Modern History Professor on my alternate account, robinaye, in September 2022. Through character development, I switched to teaching Criminology in November, but due to real-life issues, I had to leave the faculty faction in January.

In January, I joined Toto's Furukawa family on my alternate account (which I'm also using to apply for this role), where I remain to this day.

Besides the above-listed, I am active on the forums where I have no issues providing my opinion on suggestions with proper reasoning.

I am active on the server in a healthy way. While I may not spend 5 or more hours a day on SRP, I usually hop on for at least an hour a day. If there is an interesting event scheduled, I'm always there.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):

I have not been banned or warned for any reason.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

I acknowledge that if I am inactive I will be demoted.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

What are your current role(s) on the server?:

On my alternate account, robinaye, I am an Adult. On my main account, robinzee, I am a College Student at the Master's level.

Shop Information

What shop are you applying for?:

I'm applying for Mihiyo, the convenience store near the Karakura Police Department building.

My motivation for choosing this location is connected to the fact that it bears a significant resemblance to the Family Mart chain of Konbini convenience stores in Japan with its green-white-blue palette, which is a major influence for how I intend the shop to look in the future.

Why do you want to become a Shopkeeper?:

From the beginning, I built my character up as a person who is predestined to live an unfortunately boring life despite the way Karakura is run and the life she led in her earlier years. I retired the character following a major Fight Club event, and now she makes her return to Karakura, only to be met with mundanity. I'd like to explore her dynamics as a disillusioned citizen of Karakura and examine her interactions with the people she knows, those she used to know, and those she hasn't met yet.

In addition to developing my own character, I believe I have a lot to offer in terms of running and planning events for the shop/shop faction. I'd like the shop itself to eventually become its own character with its own history, scars, and whatnot. I want the store to become not just a place that seldom opens, but a locale that people can point to and say, "Hey, remember when that thing happened there?" -- in short, I'd like to host interesting events.

Lastly, I've got a lot of experience running a criminal business (Fight Club), and with this in mind, I'd like to move into more legal territory with where I roleplay. I am not planning on using the shop as a gang turf or hideout or anything of the sort, though I am open to hosting a place where a gang can do a flash event.

Do you have any experience running a shop or similar establishment?

As stated before, I'm the manager of Fight Club, a crime faction business. Fight Club is a hybrid boxing ring - bar. I've been with Fight Club for a year now and believe that has provided me with enough experience to be able to run a shop myself.

What do you plan to do with your shop, and what makes it unique?:

If I were to be accepted, with the faction leader's permission, I would like to rename it to M-Mart (Mihiyo Mart) to emphasize that this is a branch of some larger corporate entity, similar to Family Mart or 7/11 in Japan. My intention with the design of the shop is not to move away from the Japanese aspect of SRP, but to embrace it. My largest inspiration for the shop, as was probably intended with the way the shop is built exterior-wise, are Konbini shops in Japan, which are practically mini-service centres. It would be cool to lean into that, with the store serving as not just a shop, but also a place to pick up player-sent parcels before the much-anticipated post office update comes out, for example. On the topic of the interior, scoping out the location itself, I noticed that it is rather empty. I'd like for the store to feel believable and lived in, with aisles for food/snacks, an ice box and a small apparel section in the front and an employee section beyond just storage in the back.

As for the uniforms, I'd like to have them be, once again, inspired by Konbini clerk shirts.

As a player, I place a lot of emphasis on the roleplay part of school roleplay, and that's why I won't be satisfied with regular come-buy-leave openings. There are two specific ideas I have in mind for this shop, however, many more down the road:

M-Mart Special Card!!
At every opening, I would be standing guard in a special queue of the shop called 'Card Requests'. The M-Mart Special Card is a loyalty card (in the form of a book) that would mark a character's visit to the store. For every 10 attended openings, the character would be able to redeem a special prize. This is possible thanks to the fact that /book doesn't allow non-authors of books to edit the book. Therefore, only I as the shopkeeper and card issuer would be able to add visits to their point total.

Ten Lucky Numbers!!
This would be a standard lotto-type event. Every month, at least once, Mihiyo/M-Mart would organize a special event where players would be able to select 10 numbers out of 100. Clerks will note down these numbers in a shared spreadsheet, along with the usernames of the players. I would then draw the ten lucky numbers, and the players who get all numbers correct would receive a cut of the jackpot. Naturally, to cover the expenses of running such a comprehensive and expansive operation, M-Mart would take a percentage of the original pot and use it to pay its employees.

Variations on this event would likely need to be devised. As I have no experience running such an event yet, the above-mentioned process is fully theoretical and has not been tested. I'm completely fine with having to change the ruleset somewhat (such as lowering the number of picks needed), however, the concept of a lotto event would remain the same.

I do not intend to lock in characters into certain behaviours that mimic NPC Shopkeepers with a beautiful smile and a welcoming message - I would like for the employees to be able to show their personalities in this environment and I'd like for bonds between employees to be forged, be it friendships, rivalries or other.

What will you sell in your shop?:

As I don't have access to the full stock list at the moment, I cannot provide an exact list of items that will be sold in this application. However, as a convenience store, I imagine Mihiyo/M-Mart will offer groceries, such as vegetables, fruits, and other cooking ingredients for use with the cooking plugin.

In addition to these, Mihiyo will also sell sweet and savoury ready-made foods, as well as hot and cold drinks. For adult customers, we plan to offer cigarettes and alcohol.

Taking inspiration from Konbini stores, where prepaid cell phones and SIM cards are sold, the store will also offer phones. As I've seen a lot of new players go around without cell phones, I'd like for them to be cheap and readily accessible. However, please note that only flip phones will be available, as we are not an electronics store.

We also plan to offer cheap clothing items such as caps or hats, but nothing too extravagant.

During different seasons and holidays, Mihiyo/M-Mart will have special offerings such as Halloween masks, Christmas gingerbread, or monsoon season umbrellas.

To mimic real-life promotions, at every opening, Mihiyo will have an M-CHOICE ITEM, which will be sold at a 30% discount.

How many employees do you plan to have?:

As Mihiyo/M-Mart is a rather small shop, I don't expect there will be a massive need for employees like there would be in, say, a restaurant.

Below are outlined the three roles that would be needed to keep the operation running:​

Clerk (5x)
The busy bees of the shop. The clerks will man the tills, bring items to the counter, and check out the customers' shopping. They're the backbone of this company. Ideally, there would be two per opening.
Security (3x)
As Karakura is, unfortunately, Karakura, it is completely possible that Mihiyo may be a target of gang or otherwise criminal activity. That's why security's here to help keep an eye on the store, make sure that nothing shady happens, and if it does, get on dispatching of it ASAP.
Manager​
A role given out later on. The manager & assistant managers would help me run an opening when I'm preoccupied with other matters.

As I feel a responsibility for all employees to be paid fairly, they will be paid a fixed wage per attended opening. However, as I'm not yet sure what the profit margins are with shopkeeping, it's possible the shop will switch to a percentage-based payouts system (meaning every role gets paid a certain percentage of the opening's earnings - this is how Fight Club's payouts system works, and it's also what I'm most familiar with). I'm not really interested in personal profit too much, I mostly care about being able to restock and pay the employees a fair pay for a fair day's work.

Every month, there would be an employee of the month award given out, the prize being a nice spot on the staff room wall.

EDIT 13/4/23: A great suggestion by DevilRP regarding a delivery system has me thinking about adding an unofficial delivery system to the shop, too. This role could be interesting to have in the shop, too - people could make a request on the Shop Discord using a Ticket bot, which would get delivered to them by a Delivery Person. This Delivery Person would likely have to be one of the clerks.

Provide an example advertisement (shop opening announcement) message.

"It's that time of day again . . . M-Mart's open again. Sandwiched between The Post Office and The Police Station, our convenience store brings you the best wares at an affordable price. Today's M-CHOICE item is . . . the [ SMARTPHONE ], 30% off, come get yours today. Remember, every day's great at your M-Mart."

I'm trying to capture a sense of hopelessness and boredom in the message to convey the shopkeeper character's personality.

How will a regular opening look like behind the scenes?

Before anything, I will schedule openings for the entire month at the start of one. Since the required openings per month are 10 and each month has around 30 days, it's expected for the shop to open once at least every 3 days. I will put the opening dates up in the employee chat so everyone knows when they're available. I find this helps with employee engagement, as people who know when to make time are more likely to be active.

At the time of opening, I will collect the necessary employees - two cashiers and at least one security officer. Then, an advertisement will be sent out via in-game means, via the SchoolRP Town Discord and via the shop's Discord server. Once people start rolling in, that's when the hard part of the magic happens.

For security purposes, employees will be required to log what items they sold in a shared Google Spreadsheet. Here is what the sheet may look like:
CASHIER
ITEM​
AMOUNT​
PRICE​
Xx_RealCashier_xX​
Cigarette​
1​
1,235,000​

At the end of a shift, I will collect the earnings and plug the amounts into another Google Spreadsheet (are you picking up on a pattern yet, flowersak?) to calculate how much each employee gets. Then, I pay the appropriate amounts. We close up the shop, and that's that.

How do you plan to renovate the shop (in pictures)?

Flip My Store, Karakura Edition.

Pictured here, Mihiyo before Robin's tweaks . . .

1683025256693.png

A very nice build! Inspired by Japan's Family Mart (even visible on the store sign - F M(?)), it captures the aesthetics of the Japanese convenience store perfectly.
However, there were still a few changes I felt the need to make. Very simple adjustments, really.

Here is my rough recreation with some tweaks!

I'm not the greatest of builders, and I'm not good at adding details to buildings, but this is a list of changes I'd make when it comes to the outside:
  • Shop name sign: As it stands right now, Mihiyo's store still shows that its name... starts with an F. Well, it doesn't, and this change reflects that.​
  • Consistency updates: Some stripes in the original build had swapped colours (blue on top, green at the bottom), which goes against the style set forth by the build's roof rim colours. I also moved the stained glass pane pattern one block up in the windows.​
  • Worldbuilding signs: Oh, how I love worldbuilding signs. In-character advertisement posters, shop opening hours . . . I'm a big fan of those, and they expand the setting of Karakura so much. I'd put some on this build, too, dissatisfied with plain oak wood signs.​
  • Trash can: It's a trash can.​
As for the interior, here is a design me, @reifumo and @houndrats whipped up:

(Pictured here: CCTV view)

(Pictured here: Registers One and Two)

(Pictured here: STAFF ONLY/Storage Entrance & "Ice Alley")

Extra

Additional notes about your application:

I'm aware my application may not be as "aesthetic" as some of the other applicants', but I genuinely believe it is what's written that matters, not how it looks. I hope you'll give it a fair fighting chance.

If you'd like to check out the shop build proposal, you can find it on the Creative server on my main account's plot. Just do /plot visit robinzee and see it in its glory! I've left the front door open for ease of access without being added to the plot. The build also contains the aforementioned staff area, but it's just a rough concept as we've no idea how big the building space is on the SRP server itself.

The prices in the build proposal are only temporary - the actual prices of the shop may vary.

Do you have any questions?:

What's your favourite movie?

I jest.

I've no questions for now, but if there are any questions you may have about my ideas, reach out to me on Discord!​

Attachments

• 1683025828868.png
    1683025828868.png
    784.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

flowersak

Level 120
flowersak
flowersak
Rich+
DENIED

Thank you for applying but all slots have been filled for this shop as of right now. Your application is amazing, though.
Feel free to re-apply when applications are next open.​

Users who are viewing this thread