mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Squidjees

Level 64
Squidjees
Squidjees
Rich
Hi~!
I'm Squidjees, and I'm looking to step up my roleplay game. As someone coming back into this community after a year of inactivity, I'm having trouble getting back into the swing of things. So, I chose to consult the community for a question I had. What do you wish more of the community focused on or did?

Cheers,
Squidjees

SirDerpHead

Level 34
SirDerpHead
SirDerpHead
Omega
I feel like I have the same answer for this question every time but:

Involving newer players in RP. I think that there is so much untapped potential in some of the newer players who have joined the server. They may not be SRP shaded yet, but that comes with time and connections, their roleplay can still be really fun and interesting.

Sticking to the same people who are already established and all is the safer option, because we already know how they roleplay and what kind of characters they play, but sometimes taking that small risk and talking to that NameMC can also be a great option. Hell, I probably wouldn't still be in this community or at least where I am today if someone hadn't taken that chance with me when I first joined.

And I get it if it bothers you that they aren't shaded, but you can help them with that. Invite them to tailoring servers or even shade them yourself (Something I like doing when I adopt a new player). Supporting newer players will only grow the player-base and increase your options more, and I think sometimes it can be overlooked.

But ye, love seeing people interacting with and helping new players :)

ElignoreYou

Level 11
ElignoreYou
ElignoreYou
Omega+
It truly depends on what aspect of roleplay you want to ‘step up’, if it’s writing quality… read! or listen to audio books. If you find yourself repeating the same lines over and over, get curious and discover a new way to you of saying the same thing.

SRP is SOOOOO diverse; search for the micro-communities that best interests you. If you’re open to joining factions, it may just be a gateway to a niche category of roleplay you’re searching for.

Squidjees

Level 64
Squidjees
Squidjees
Rich
It truly depends on what aspect of roleplay you want to ‘step up’, if it’s writing quality… read! or listen to audio books. If you find yourself repeating the same lines over and over, get curious and discover a new way to you of saying the same thing.

SRP is SOOOOO diverse; search for the micro-communities that best interests you. If you’re open to joining factions, it may just be a gateway to a niche category of roleplay you’re searching for.
Thank you so much!
Right now, I don't have a discord account, so I won't be joining any factions.

I understand the concept of micro communities, but I'm not sure what's out there, and the options for roleplay. If you have any ideas or specific roleplay concepts that I could try on SchoolRP, I would really appreciate it!

ElignoreYou

Level 11
ElignoreYou
ElignoreYou
Omega+
Thank you so much!
Right now, I don't have a discord account, so I won't be joining any factions.

I understand the concept of micro communities, but I'm not sure what's out there, and the options for roleplay. If you have any ideas or specific roleplay concepts that I could try on SchoolRP, I would really appreciate it!
one of the micro-communities include: the deaf/mute/hard of hearing (HoH); the per capita for knowing JSL is huge, but not many people I know of have made JSL a main communicator. Churches have become a bigger thing in SRP, the followers miiiiiiight be considered a micro-community. Those are the only two I can think of off the top of my head.

Concepts! Think of a goal for your character, then have one factor create a 'one step forward, two steps back' motif, have it be either inside or outside their control. It makes the arc you're going for lengthier and more immersive.

It's rare to find a genuinely mean character, even more so someone that plays them well. (I might just be looking in the wrong places) But! If you find a balance, it can be fun.

Clubs can be fun, it's just difficult to find ones that are active and open for applications (I might be looking in the wrong places, again), they can accentuate a character's hobby.

Apprentices, find someone in a faction you connect with and have the person be a mentor or someone your character looks up to.

Hope the ideas help!

Squidjees

Level 64
Squidjees
Squidjees
Rich
one of the micro-communities include: the deaf/mute/hard of hearing (HoH); the per capita for knowing JSL is huge, but not many people I know of have made JSL a main communicator. Churches have become a bigger thing in SRP, the followers miiiiiiight be considered a micro-community. Those are the only two I can think of off the top of my head.

Concepts! Think of a goal for your character, then have one factor create a 'one step forward, two steps back' motif, have it be either inside or outside their control. It makes the arc you're going for lengthier and more immersive.

It's rare to find a genuinely mean character, even more so someone that plays them well. (I might just be looking in the wrong places) But! If you find a balance, it can be fun.

Clubs can be fun, it's just difficult to find ones that are active and open for applications (I might be looking in the wrong places, again), they can accentuate a character's hobby.

Apprentices, find someone in a faction you connect with and have the person be a mentor or someone your character looks up to.

Hope the ideas help!
Thank you so much!!

Users who are viewing this thread