dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich
IGN:
jeemay
DATE:
17/2/2021
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I'd like to suggest a change to the rolling amounts that are currently in the New Server Rules and Terminology.
screenshot.324.png

In my honest opinion, all these rolling amounts are very good and I don't mind them but I'd like to suggest a change to the rolling amounts of Adults (above or equal to 25 y/o) and Cops (any age below 50). As of right now, the rolling amount for any adult below the age of 50 is 150 which is the same as a 18-year-old. Does this make sense? Not at all. How can a healthy 30-year-old man be as powerful as a 18-year-old. I think if I was 18 and I went to fight a big adult, I'd definitely get beat up. It's just common sense.

I'd like to see the rolling amounts for Adults be bumped up to 200 and the rolling amounts for Cops be bumped up to 250. This just adds more use to the Adult role and gives you more of a reason to try and obtain it. Especially, when it comes to GangRP. Right now, if I want to GangRP, I'd just get an alt, age up to 18, and boom, I'm as powerful as a 45-year-old Adult. I don't think this is fair in any way and this just makes the Adult role more of for the aesthetic rather than anything. Moreover, when I say bump up the rolling amount for adults, I'm talking about every adult role in SRP (Teachers, Professors, Employees, EMS, etc) with the exception of Cops of course.

I've spoken with some people about this and the majority agree with me and we generally want to see more reasons to try and obtain the adult role than just do it to become an adult. Here's what I think they should be changed to:

screenshot.325.png

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
In my honest opinion, I do not think that this suggestion would be a good idea due to the fact that it would make things quite unbalanced in some scenarios. For example, if a cop is combatrping against a 18 year old, the rolls would be 150 vs 250, which is a HUGE difference, and I believe we can agree that it is pretty unbalanced. Furthermore, the difference, strength-wise, of a 25 year-old and a 18 year-old is not that big. It is true that the peak of strength reaches when you're 25, but the difference isn't that big, to be honest. I think that the system has reached its peak of balance, and doing a change in the system would make certain parties unfair.

jeemay

Level 41
dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich
For example, if a cop is combatrping against a 18 year old, the rolls would be 150 vs 250, which is a HUGE difference, and I believe we can agree that it is pretty unbalanced.

How is it unbalanced? A police officer is an individual that goes through training every day including running, swimming, scenarios, body building, gun training, self-defense knowledge, and much much more whilst an 18-year-old person is just an 18-year-old person.. They get none of what the cop gets so the cop will naturally have a massive advantage over them.

lunately

Level 11
lunately
lunately
Fundraiser+
I think it'd just ruin the whole reason why people want to have the adult role, it removes the fact that people want the adult role because they want to roleplay as an adult and replaces that reason with the fact that they just want more of an advantage in gangrp.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
How is it unbalanced? A police officer is an individual that goes through training every day including running, swimming, scenarios, body building, gun training, self-defense knowledge, and much much more whilst an 18-year-old person is just an 18-year-old person.. They get none of what the cop gets so the cop will naturally have a massive advantage over them.
It is true that Cops receive a bigger advantage strength-wise against average citizens. However, that advantage isn't THAT big. That's why it's 200 and not higher, currently. As you can see in many real life body-cams, in order to take down a single person it is sometimes needed around 2-3 officers to do so, so yeah, police officers may be stronger, but not strong enough to realistically have the strength to roll 250

Lewk

Level 86
x_z
x_z
Omega+
You could argue that college and high school students on a sport team should roll 200 then as they exorcise often for their team, it just would not really be balanced although I do see where you are coming from, if anything better to make adults 175 and keep the rest the same.

Missunderstood

Level 110
otobii
otobii
Fundraiser+
In my honest opinion, I do not think that this suggestion would be a good idea due to the fact that it would make things quite unbalanced in some scenarios. For example, if a cop is combatrping against a 18 year old, the rolls would be 150 vs 250, which is a HUGE difference, and I believe we can agree that it is pretty unbalanced. Furthermore, the difference, strength-wise, of a 25 year-old and a 18 year-old is not that big. It is true that the peak of strength reaches when you're 25, but the difference isn't that big, to be honest. I think that the system has reached its peak of balance, and doing a change in the system would make certain parties unfair.
i dont agree w it being unbalanced, a cop is literally trained- im pretty sure they quite literally train the cadets- and have had years of service. meanwhile an 18 year old is just average, they'll be easily taken down in real life too. Rolls are a pretty fair game of chance, and it's given that a trained police officer will have a bigger chance than an average 18 year old

Pascal

Level 12
A large majority of the server is in the range of 18 - 24 (Highschool - College) and for officers to be able to roll 250 is absolutely absurd. With most of the community being 18-20, it'd make a large imbalance by Police vs older students. Personally, I believe that constantly over-complicating this will make bigger issues down the line. Therefore, I'll have to say -1

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
A large majority of the server is in the range of 18 - 24 (Highschool - College) and for officers to be able to roll 250 is absolutely absurd. With most of the community being 18-20, it'd make a large imbalance by Police vs older students. Personally, I believe that constantly over-complicating this will make bigger issues down the line. Therefore, I'll have to say -1
It has been said up there that KPD receive training and combat techniques, it is obvious that an officer will have way more advantage over a 18-20 years old student, because that's just what we are: students.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
It has been said up there that KPD receive training and combat techniques, it is obvious that an officer will have way more advantage over a 18-20 years old student, because that's just what we are: students.
Remember that, although they're students, they are 18-24 years old. They are not kids; they're Adults, but with education in High School/College. The peak of strength is reached at around 24 years old, which would contradict this feedback post. Furthermore, yes, we do receive training, but that training is not that big for us to have such a big advantage over high school/college students

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega

You're going into too much detail here. A change to a system that doesn't need to be changed. Appreciative of the suggestion either way

Users who are viewing this thread