mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Rolling System Update (possibly)

layzah

Level 47
layzah
layzah
Omega+

I understand the frustration between things, but as stated, KPD is meant to be avoided, not confronted.

Anyone can go around saying their character is former military, while KPD has to be applied for. Its a perk given to them for being one of a few people accepted into the faction. They have to ACTUALLY go through the training, learning all they have to. If lore had any impact on people's rolls, then I guarantee any gangrper with a criminal character would make theirs former military, police, or anything that would give them a reason to get an advantage.

These are honored because realistically, how would you prevent someone from pulling a trigger? At point blank range, its extremely hard to do that. And if you look at times officers get attacked, often times its 4 or more against one. I understand that's a necessity due to their equipment and role perks, but that's what makes hunting cops so rewarding. You have to plan around their equipment and get to them without being tased or outrun. As stated, KPD is meant to be an obstacle, not a main target.

This is a role perk, so leaving would mean losing the perk. Imagine if they got to keep the roll 200 and got into crime. It would be unfair for everyone, and nearly impossible to moderate. Since officers have a role, its clear to everyone that's what they roll before and during combat.

If at any point you want to have a fair fight with cops, discuss it with them. Many officers will agree to do P2L, as KPD is a heavy roleplay based faction. Events around them can happen, and while consented things need to be discussed with the faction lead, if you already have perms, its easier to go about doing things like that.

Moving to animals, these should also be P2Led.

This is why things should be P2Led. The rolls are set the way they are to prevent P2W. If people really want to roleplay out fighting bears, they should agree to so P2L, but people enjoy their roll advantage, which makes little sense.

This isn't a role you have to apply for. Its a player ran team, so giving a perk like this would give them an unfair advantage, since many teams don't actually roleplay out them working out. Giving an advantage to them would only make them want to use rolling combat and fight, rather than what they are meant to do, which is participate in sports. A higher roll amount would make rivalry even worse, since they would fight even more, rather than do the pranks between teams.

The only role that gains this is KPD, which ALSO goes through training. Its not simply because of a role. Perhaps having cadets roll lower until they pass exams, so it shows off that they went through their training, but that is something for the faction lead to decide on.

As discussed earlier, it is a perk given because they have received training. Taking off a uniform wouldn't make you forget all you learned. Officers off duty are an easier target as they are not prepared, so most attacks should happen when they are off duty and planned around it. Lowering their roll amount wouldn't make sense, since they wouldn't have equipment to rely on most times, and would ONLY have their training.

TLDR: P2L if you don't like rolling amounts ^-^
oh my god COOK REX!!!!!

DokiBird

Level 111
Dokiibird
Dokiibird
Omega
-1 I don't agree with animals having a higher roll, we should lower it actually. Also you do realise if your attacked by A ADULT BEAR, you can get severe internal injuries, atleast 6 broken bones. Possibly death if that thing attacks you, and I'm not just saying bears, I'm talking about baby bears aswell, if they tackle you or something, they can break atleast a bone or two. They jaws and naws can easily hurt you heavily, and who cares if a 17 y/o isn't trained just run, or do a
"/me He/She would tower the bear, trying to seem like a higher figure to scare the bear."

(Bears please just don't chase after us.) Death from bear.

Ecocide

Level 63
3Eco
3Eco
Omega+
Even if, What if theirs some sort of OOC event with KPD where rolling is involved? I'm just a little silly man.....
A lot of events happen where rolling is involved, this is a roleplay server things that happen on it are suppose to be random. cops rolling 200 doesn't give players this major disadvantage due to how the plugin works, everything is chance and sometimes you wont even roll higher then 150.

If we're talking in reality even if its an ooc event, its roleplay there isn't only one option for you to take in roleplay, you can choose to run or escape, you can choose to risk it and fight, you can use weapons that give you an advantage over police. It all depends really.

Users who are viewing this thread