players online

Ruin06 | Custom Ownership & Inactivity suggestion

Ruin

Level 104
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
IGN: Ruin06
DATE: 10.06.2023 (4 days after my birthday)
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Ability for banned players & inactive players to pass their customs to the individuals they'd like.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Before certain individuals reply with things like "-1 too difficult for staff" or "too complicated" hear me out, let me cook.
There are alot of players who owns customs and either left the server or got banned and their customs are just sitting still in the texture pack without being used, sure, after 6 months of their departure from the server, their custom will be removed from the texture pack, however there are still people who will be using those customs or want to get those customs.
I suggest that if the player is no longer playing the server or is banned permanently they should be given the right of giving their customs to a trustworthy person.
I personally know alot of people who own customs who dont want to play anymore, however their friends wants to have those custom items aswell and the player doesnt want to log on.
If you think this'll be complicated, it actually wont, because the custom ownerships are actually written down in a channel and can be edited easily, all the players have to do is make sure the right people (Modeler lead/Staff that are working with models) knows this and approves of it, if they dont, the ownership transfer wont happen.
Does this break the Mojang EULA? No, your just giving ownership of something you own.
Is it p2w? No, because you arent paying to get it transferred and this only works with consent.

Now heres an example of accepted transfer requests:
Player A hasnt been playing for a month or so and isnt planning on logging anytime soon, however their friend wants a copy of their custom, Player A and Player B (their friend) go to a staff member who's dealing with customs and request for an owner transfer of the said custom, said staff edits the ownership owner of the custom and now Player B can request that custom.

And heres two examples of a denied transfer request:
Player A doesnt want the custom anymore but is still playing on the server, being a regular/active member, they still decide to pass their custom ownership to their friend, they go to staff, staff finds out that they're actually doing this for IC yen or that player A is an active player, gives them the right punishment and/or declines their request.

Player A has given their custom ownership to Player B successfully, however its noticed that Player A decided to give the server another try and logs on, Player A requests for their custom back from Player B because they want to play on the server again, its declined because then it would actually make more work for the said staff member if the players could just keep changing the ownership of the custom.​

Classicalist

Level 87
Neutral,

I do see it would be a shame for banned/inactive players customs to go to waste. But I think a better alternative for this would be with the consent of the player just have them sold at shops and be made public.

Ruin

Level 104
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
But I think a better alternative for this would be with the consent of the player just have them sold at shops and be made public.
There are some private customs that people dont want to give a copy of to everyone and there are some customs that arent suitable for shops.

Jtth_

Level 6
Jtth_
Jtth_
Notable
+1 from me, honestly customs cost a lot of money, and I believe that being able to transfer ownership of one once you get bored of it or stop using it, especially during general inactivity or even a ban will at least make something out of it. Afterall instead of having unused customs filling the resource pack, it's always better to be able to gift them to friends.

MuziekAapje

Level 11
neutral

It might cause issues, e.g making it easier for people to sell their customs for IC money. Though i do agree, its such a waste when customs stop getting used by their owners while there is others who would love to own said custom.

Ruin

Level 104
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
making it easier for people to sell their customs for IC money.
This wont really happen, because the requests would only be accepted if the custom owner is inactive for a month, no1 wld wait 1 month just for 1-3 mil

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

Users who are viewing this thread