CTC0
CTC0
Notable
IGN: CTC0
DATE: 31 July 2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Have all unwritten rules, written down.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

Having all rules written down would not only make it a lot easier for people to follow them, but also it will reduce misinformation when sharing fake unwritten rules. For example, one time I was told it was against the rules to have a character learn Japanese from scratch and I believed them, causing me to abandon that character out of fear for breaking rules until very much later on asking about it, I was scared to go to staff about it because I had played that character for a long while and I feared that I could of gotten in trouble for continuing to playas him until much later when I was told about it.
Another example, I've heard stories of a certain gang (I won't say any names cos I'm pretty sure they've already got in trouble about it) creating fake rules and telling everyone they interacted with that it was "unwritten rules" for their own personal benefit.
With those examples said, I can only imagine at least half of the people who have read this agree with this suggestion already, so lemme get to those other half who're left not agreeing.
In the future or in the past, some people may be told a fake rule or even a real unwritten rule, either assuming it's fake or real out of fear of either getting told off by staff or getting pranked by misinformation spreaders, I never thought I'd be someone to be told a fake rule but it happened to me, now I'm not sure who to believe so I only ever follow written rules unless told by staff, and though this may be easier for everyone, it's not always the best or wisest decision.

ErikFinster

Level 116
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
+1

I also noticed that there are some unwritten rules. They don't have to be explicitly enforced - maybe more introduced as heavy suggestions. But writing them down would be helpful!

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
"Unwritten" rules aren't really unwritten, it's just that they're not explicitly listed as parts of other rules. There are, however, too many documents that list rules, which may lead to some players believing they are "unwritten," while in reality they may not have been aware of the document, or even might not have access to it in the first place. Having one central place to view all the rules for every group and faction would be nice, even if it's just a collection of links to their documents at the bottom of the official server rules or something.

Lizalopod

Level 130
All unwritten rules aren't really unwritten. Yeah it would be nice to have more specific examples of them to clarify, but if you really need to make sure that a gang isn't making up rules, check the rules thread yourself, and ask a staff member to intervene.

Mialyansa

Level 61
+1 These rules are to be added to the main rules for the well-being of the server. We cannot be searching in other documents to make sure we are following them. A centralised rule system is a necesity.

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

This issue easier said than done. A lot of rules come under 'Common sense' and we generally wouldn't bother writing them down for the sake of easy reading for both current and newer players. However, if there are any rules you or your friends have either been punished for, or believe exist that aren't in the current rule book, please specfically mention them in another suggestion thread!

Our staff team has been tasked with making a note of any unwritten rules over the next 14 days to be reviewed during the next staff meeting as well.

Users who are viewing this thread