scarqbb
scarqbb
Omega+

﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋
OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)? Please include ALL your alternative accounts:

SalmonSanwich

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
I have discord yes, along with a microphone.

Tunities | windocat#0001

List your timezone and country:

Central Standard Time | USA

Describe your activity:

I am mostly online on the RoleplayHub server every day for a time between 5-8 hours. Most of the time I am roleplaying as the character I am applying for, yet sometimes I am AFK for OOC events happening in my life.

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):

https://schoolrp.net/threads/in-search-of-flames-kittymeowmeow39-bmd-application.63480/ | Denied
https://schoolrp.net/threads/kittymeowmeow39-professor-application-forensic-science.63313/ | Denied

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:

I want to put my words into the world of Karakura. I am an avid writer in real life and actually am hoping for a job at the local news station that some of my family work at. It’d be fun to get a bit of experience in actually writing news, along with a bit of money.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:

I am in the journalism club in real life, along with my school’s TV team where I write the scripts for each episode. I also have written multiple scripts for my school’s drama club and their plays. Along with the fact I have written multiple articles for classes and other clubs I have been included in.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:

Yes, I am.

Why should we accept you over others?:

If I’m being honest, I don’t have many qualities over other people besides my writing talent and presentation, along with the fact I have multiple years of writing experience OOCLY and would like to translate that into an IC job. I am also sharp on certain topics, can type reports fast, whilst being detailed with them. Along with the fact I am good friends with some, not most reporters including Mayios in that list. I’ve been doing research on how to be a reporter for a long time, from highschool up until now OOCLY and would love to make it take up my full time in SRP.

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)

I understand this rule.

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:

I do trust in my ability to stay active.

Summarize what you imagine work as a reporter is:

I classify a reporter into 2 different jobs.

Office Work
First you have your normal, typical rookie reporter job where they write papers, don’t go out much unless it’s outside of work and just focus on the computer part of the job. Just your run of the go mill normal worker.

Field Work
These people go out into the streets on the job, recording live and interviewing people about the situations that happen around Karakura, riding around in the junky ol’ news van, and it's a bit more exciting then hanging around the office. Just imagine going around the town, trying to investigate and research topics so you can make a story. It sounds fun to me.

IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Full Name:

Yiannis Xenakis

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr)

Mr. Xenakis

Current Age (25+):

Past job/work experience:

Tutoring:
I was a tutor at Dimitris Maroulis Language School in Naxos, Greece. A very formal Job, I might add. Helping kids understand the language and also help them with writing.

Degree/qualifications:

College Degree in Media and Journalism

Nationality and born location:

Greek, Born in Naxos, Greece

Phone Number: 030-

030-753-2283

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:

I am a formal man, liking everything to be perfect the way it is, including my reports. I notice everything about even the tiniest things, like corners on the end of a trash bag! If they aren’t perfect, I feel like I have to fix it, no matter what. Other than that, I’d say I’m your fairly normal “Average Joe.” Just some blonde haired, wannabe reporter from Greece, that’s it. Oh! And I love my wife. And my son and daughter!

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:

I’m interested in writing more about the politics and people’s opinions on certain topics in Karakura, but I am available to ANYTHING that is provided to me as I have written many pages on topics just to prepare for this job. I am very considerate of going out of my comfort zone if it means getting the job done.

What are your expectations for the job?:

I think highly of the job, and if I do get accepted, I cannot wait to start! I’ve been wanting to join the news team for years, ever since I graduated College and such. I expect to dig into things I have never even thought about whilst being a reporter, such as the crime of Karakura, or maybe about the KPD. All I know is that I want to do great and make my boss proud of my work.

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:

No, I do not have a criminal record.

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):

Japanese, Korean, JSL, Spanish.

Prompt #1
Education System
[!] The unfolding of the newspaper could be heard as you looked at the words pasted in bold ink across the front of the page. [!]

THE EDUCATION SYSTEM IS FAILING OUR KIDS.
Yiannis Xenakis

[!] Your eyes would travel down to the actual article itself, intrigued by it. [!]

As most of you know, in Karakura we have our lovely, or seen as lovely Karakura High, home of the Bobcats, deep rivals with the Spartans, and plenty of other nicknames. I believe we have a problem with the school itself, or more so the employees of the school. I’ve had firsthand accounts of what these students have to go through, from both the students and some faculty.

Take for example, teachers giving detentions to students for the stupidest reasons. I heard from a student, firsthand, that they received detention for standing up for someone??? Do you believe that? Because I don’t!! These teachers are ruining their student’s reputations for 0 REASON.

To make it clear to you all, I do not have kids, nor am I connected with the kids in the highschool, BUT I still think they should have an education and not have their record ruined. Simple solution to this. Find. Out. The. Situation. First. It’s a very simple solution that I think the faculty should try doing. You shouldn’t be hearing from your kids that they got detention and have been worrying about that all day instead of doing their actual assignments and bettering themselves as students, which is just blasphemy to me in general.

Approximately 13% of students get detention every week, which is 13% too much in my accounts of the situation. They should be punished for fighting, selling underage substances on campus and disrespecting faculty. Who cares if they disrespect each other? As long as they don’t fight, it shouldn’t be considered a punishment. Sure, sometimes they go too far and that’s when punishment should be involved. But just sticking up for someone who couldn’t defend themself and they get in trouble for it, are we not trying to teach these kids to be better people? Are we not teaching them to do what is right in the world? Do we not want them to be upstanding citizens of Karakura.

I honestly don’t know at this point, I think the system that we have right now should be replaced, other than that all else I have is just some stupid papers to write tomorrow. So sadly this is the end of our report today, have a good day everyone, and stay sharp!

[!] You’d hear the pages flutter as you closed the paper. [!]

Prompt #2

A New Face
Time: 8/27/2023
[!] Cameras began recording as Yiannis spoke to the prisoner. [!]

“Salutations, citizens of Karakura, today I am here with inmate. . . Please state your name.”

[!] Yiannis began stacking papers full of questions perfectly, making sure everything was lined up as he waited. [!]

Tarokizaemon: “The name’s Ibuki Tarokizaemon!”

Xenakis: “Alright, Ibuki, It’s nice to meet you. I would shake your hand but y’know, you’re kind of cuffed, haha. . . So, Ibuki, what are you incarcerated for?”

Tarokizaemon: “Gang Affiliation, Possession of illegal weaponry x2, Assault with a deadly weapon, Assault on a Government Official, assisting in kidnapping!”

Xenakis: “Something you're proud of I assume? Can you tell me why you’d commit such heinous crimes, Ibuki?

Tarokizaemon: “Well! First of all, I liked my illegal weapons and they took them!”

Xenakis: “That’s not the question, Ibuki. I asked, Why did you commit such crimes?”

Tarokizaemon: “Well, the said officer in question tased one of my gang members. . . so we all tried and succeeded in removing one of the officer’s limbs!”

Xenakis: “And what gang is this, Ibuki?”

Tarokizaemon: “Valhalla! We don’t usually harm or get involved with KPD but. . . she committed a wrong-doing upon us, and deserved whatever she got!!”

Xenakis: “I see. . So, what was your motivation, what were you trying to accomplish in doing this?”

Tarokizaemon: “We- well I wanted to show KPD that Valhalla is not one to mess with, at all.”

Xenakis: “Well, what is Valhalla about anyways? It’s so underground, even I haven’t heard of it.”

Tarokizaemon: “We’re a gang that wants to rule the criminal underworld, plain and simple.”

Xenakis: “Alright, Ibuki. Answer me this; What is the criminal underworld, in your eyes?”

Tarokizaemon: “Isn’t it obvious, it’s everything that happens behind the scenes of Karakura, in the shadows. Such as black market deals, gangs, and criminal activities. We want to rule all of it.”

Xenakis: “Interesting. . . And Ibuki, why do you want to rule this supposed Criminal Underworld?”

Tarokizaemon: “Uhh, power, money, fame. Just the sorts. But you’d have to ask my leaders, if you can even find them.”

Xenakis: “me Exhilarating response, Ibuki. I like that about you. Anyways, what skills do you have that can actually lead you to do this stuff???”

Tarokizaemon: “Well, I’ve specialized in special training, learning from my higher ups and how they deal with situations.”

Xenakis: “So, you receive training. . . Like soldiers. Tell me Ibuki, are you guys planning anything large?”

Tarokizaemon: “Well! We did actually burn down two shops along with the black mark- Maybe I am admitting too much. . .”

Xenakis: “Admit however much you want to, the more the better, in my opinion. Miss Ibuki, how is life incarcerated, if you don’t mind me asking?”

Tarokizaemon: “It’s going good, if we’re being honest. I’ve been making friends with the officers and have been acting super duper nice!”

Xenakis: “Well, Ibuki, That is all the time we have for today! But I do have one final question. Why would you get yourself involved in this life?”

Tarokizaemon: “I just felt like it, I felt like this life was my calling. Like I needed to be something greater than just a student. . .”

Xenakis: “I see, well. . . Ibuki, I perhaps may see you soon, hopefully not this craz-”

[!] The recording would be cut off before Yannis could finish his sentence. Though it would transition into photos of Ibuki and her mugshots. [!]

Last edited:

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
deniedapplications.png

We appreciate the time and effort you put into applying - however, you have not been accepted this time around.
Please DM @ aania on Discord if you have any queries about the application

You are free to re-apply at any point in time!

Users who are viewing this thread