Denied Scarlet's Music Teacher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScarletRose

Level 0
Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?:
Yes
Describe your activity on the server:
I have never been involved in something negative in roleplay.
Do you have TeamSpeak3?
No
Do you have a microphone?
Yes
List your current and past applications:
I have no past applications.
What is your motivation for applying?:
I wanted a change and I really wanted to try be a music or English teacher or a teaching assistant.
Have you read the megathread for Teachers? Yes
Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/teacher-code-of-conduct.1038/ ?
Have you read
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ ?

You want to start a school field trip, what would you do?
If I was a music teacher I would take my students to a theater and show them how instruments play a large parts in any play. I would also request to take the children to see a musical and take them behind stage so they can see how the musicians prepare.
As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class:
You must not talk over me or another student.
You must not intimidate, bully, annoy, etc me or another student.
You must try your best.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):
I have never been a teacher on this server but I have role played as a music teacher on another smaller server.
List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:
I don't know where I can find this information (also it varies in other role plays I have done and in real life)

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers?
Yes
From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that?
I don't think I would change anything but whenever I come online there seem to be mo classes on.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
Well teachers obviously are people who have spent their time in university trying to get a degree so they can help children with their learning. Teachers who work in primary schools (that is apart of the English school system) don't teach a specific subject but in high school a teacher will know a lot about a certain subject and will have had more training than a primary school teacher. A teachers teaching style can vary due to their personalty but a teacher should always try and make their teaching style fit the learning style of their students and what they teach. In their spare time teachers should mark work and plan lessons they should also stay out of criminal activity and should try lead good lives out of school as well as ing school.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:
Teachers are important because without them the lessons would be boring, students would get away with things that they shouldn't be doing and it basically wouldn't be a school role play without the teachers.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
There are teacher assistants which must listen to the teacher then the teacher must listen to the vice principle and principle. There are school governors above the principle but the system can vary sometimes.
What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
It depends what subject it is but the teacher should try to never improvise otherwise the lesson may not be as good and helpful to the students.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
I would tell them to take their foul tongues to detention and get them of the hall so they can not influence other students but I wouldn't use violence.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?
I will raise my voice and explain to them that I want them to have fun but I still want them to learn. If the students still cause problems I will set their class work as home work.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?
I would still act sensible but I would try to relax a little and get some work done like marking, planning, etc.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
I would never interrupt my students when they give an answer.
I would make sure my students were happy and healthy mentally and physically so they could do their best work.
I would never intimidate, humiliate, upset, ect a student.
I would try to stay on topic and be positive.
I would try come into the classroom in a good mood.

BACKSTORY

My character's parents were teachers and the inspired her to become a teacher. She always helped others and stood up for what was right. She went to University after high school and did her Masters in Preforming arts so she could teach music. She also did a teaching course.

IN CHARACTER
I always knew I wanted to be a teacher ever since I began helping my parents mark homework. I was always good in school and I got my masters in music and a degree in teaching before teaching in a small school for 2 years.

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Scarlet Rose Woods
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): By my students: Miss or Miss Woods | Given by friends or family: Scar, Scarlet or Rose
Preferred Name: For students: Miss | Preferred name by friends: Scar or Rose.

Religious Denomination: I am not religious.
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: British
Current Location: Japan (or where ever this school)

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 2 Years
Working Experience (# of years): I worked in a small school for two years before coming to japan and in high school I had work experience.

Academic Degree: Preforming Arts (masters) and Teaching

Year of Graduation: 2013
Major(s): Music and teaching
Minors: Litracy (english)

Native Languages: English
Other Languages: Japanese, Greek, French and Spanish.

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No
Preferred Teaching Subject: Music or Literacy (aka: English)

Additional notes about your application (if any):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread