KayLoon
KayLoon
Notable
What's your Minecraft Username?: KayLoon
What's the title of your suggestion?: School Detention list

What's your suggestion?:
This suggestion was made to change how the /detention list command works

When you first do the /detention list command, the first thing you see is just

I honestly feel like this could be greatly improved by simply adding the person's roleplay name next to their IGN
EXAMPLE:

There have been many cases where I've seen/ been in a situation where I'm trying to stop a situation/warning a student only to see such a student already has detention.

Better yet, this is also a perfect way to know which person is which on the detention list, there's been cases where people almost exactly have the same IGN which often makes faculty/council confused as to whether or not the student has detention

But this suggestion doesn't just stop there

With this new change of the command, there should be something added, each time you run the command, you have the choice to click on the person IGN to see the reason as to why they have detention, similar to how phone messages get received, you'll see a message in chat like

[SchoolRP]: Xx_MikaelaLove69_xX or Tammy Brown; wearing a mask

Before any Faculty/Teacher/Professor members ask why this is needed, this is part of the suggestion for the council, we don't have access to the discord channel to see why Xx_MikaelaLove69_xX has detention

There have been times when students ask the council why they got detention (While already knowing) or times when the council wants to know why the students got detention to have a roleplay situation going in the detention room (I've been lied to before)

In case anybody still disagrees, there should be a sign inside the detention room that says something like [List of students with detention and reason], not only would this increase more roleplay reasons such as faculty member pointing at the sign when the students ask why they got detention, but also IC it'll only show the students that gotten detention of the day, like that councillors don't require the detention logs

Note: Sorry it bad grammar me ernglrish is very bad

How will this benefit the server and community?:
It makes life easier for councillors, faculty members, and literally anybody who has to deal with the students, and also increases roleplay situations

bmblxbee

Level 8
Zoey159
Zoey159
Omega
+1 >_<

- While I think roleplaying with faculty factions is VERY important (ie. councillor + teacher), there have been countless times where faculty just hasn't been on to let us know why some1 has detention, or RPnames of ppl who haven't attended.. which leads to an insane amount of hassle !!

- This would make detention wayy more fun.. plz, I want fun + realistic detentionrp. let me see why Xx_MikaelaLove69_xX has detention so I can rp w/ them about it!!!!!!!!!

Hamburger

Level 185
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
+1
I was really annoyed by that when I was a teacher. I’d love to see this in the game.

DarkEclipic

Level 157
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
Neutral

alternatively, just give the council access to the Detention channel on the discord. Yeah I can see your point on having it all ON the server, but we already have a working system(for faculty at least).

lobsterrdog

Level 31
lobsterrdog
lobsterrdog
Omega+
why not just give council access to the channel to see who has detention? they can already see/ submit STL reports just give them access to the detention log channel too

KayLoon

Level 23
KayLoon
KayLoon
Notable
alternatively, just give the council access to the Detention channel on the discord. Yeah I can see your point on having it all ON the server, but we already have a working system(for faculty at least).
why not just give council access to the channel to see who has detention? they can already see/ submit STL reports just give them access to the detention log channel too
When I asked this, I've been told by a few people that due to the fact that we councillors don't know students by their name/face straight away, we can't have access to old detention logs, that's why I came up with the sign inside of the detention room showing the present day students with detention

soratheonly

Level 55
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
+1
I have to admit, it's really hard to know who was and who wasn't in detention, and it doesn't help that I'm having to alternate back and forth just to figure out who was and wasn't there, along with the fact that you can accidentally go into another day and get the wrong people. It'd just make it a lot easier to be able to see the RP name in the detention list along with the user.

KayLoon

Level 23
KayLoon
KayLoon
Notable
but we already have a working system(for faculty at least).
I would like to add also that this won't remove the working system that the faculty has everything should still be the same in the discord, and even then the current faculty working system can improve

The only thing that'll show if you click on the person's IGN is their detention reason for the current day, so if you have detention for fighting on Monday, it won't show on Tuesday ingame, and just they're rpname next to they're IGN

philbertman42

Level 137
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I'm hijacking this post with my own suggestion, get bent loser.

The /detention command should adopt a similar functionality to /reward, where there are pre-defined reasons to select, rather than allowing faculty to write the infractions themselves. It's necessary because faculty sometimes provides the craziest reasons for detention which make zero sense. Here is a short list from the past 48 hours:
Making our lives harder
Shooting people with a watergun
Riding vehicles on school grounds (you are allowed to ride bikes outside, motor vehicles would be an OOC infraction)
"detention" (no further explanation)
Starting Rumors
Stealing Faculty

Instead of providing written reasons, faculty would just use preset arguments to describe what rules were broken, for example, assault, evasion, transaction, disobedience, etc. It would be simpler to tell at a glance what somebody has done, and would double as a convenient way to prevent players from getting detentions for breaking rules that don't exist.

Valentine_Lols

Level 87
Valentine_Lols
Valentine_Lols
Rich+
Shooting people with a watergun
Riding vehicles on school grounds (you are allowed to ride bikes outside, motor vehicles would be an OOC infraction)
Sadly, 2 of those things or so on the list wasn't made by faculty, but student council. I tried telling them that bikes were allowed on grounds but to failure of listening

philbertman42

Level 137
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Sadly, 2 of those things or so on the list wasn't made by faculty, but student council. I tried telling them that bikes were allowed on grounds but to failure of listening
I'm just grouping council and faculty together when I speak about them in this context, since they provide the same functionality when it comes to detention.

Also I don't really care who this stuff is coming from, more so that it exists in the first place. I'm just providing a potential solution to the problem, which would apply equally to the faculty and council.

KayLoon

Level 23
KayLoon
KayLoon
Notable
Instead of providing written reasons, faculty would just use preset arguments to describe what rules were broken, for example, assault, evasion, transaction, disobedience, etc. It would be simpler to tell at a glance what somebody has done, and would double as a convenient way to prevent players from getting detentions for breaking rules that don't exist.
If they add that little idea of yours, I feel like they should still have some of the old detention style inside, (I will be using the detentions that you just gave)

More so when you run the command it'll be like this;
/detention Xx_MikaelaLove69_xX assault Student Tammy Brown was found punching students
/detention Xx_MikaelaLove69_xX bullying Student Tammy Brown is spreading rumors about student Tom Brown

So in other words /detention [IGN] [Rule Broken] [CONTEXT]

Users who are viewing this thread