oondinee

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):

Yes, rei#4958

How old are you? (Optional):

N/A

What is your time zone?:

My timezone is EST.

Describe your activity on the server:

Oondinee is an alt account of mine. On my main, I’m on frequently as I’m a part of the Bobcats female Basketball team. You’d be able to see me online daily unless a circumstance disrupts my schedule which will be notified ahead of time.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):

N/A

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

Yes, I do acknowledge that a demotion could be due to the fact of inactivity.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:

I’m applying to become a counselor.

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:

School counselors play a role in guiding a student, and in most situations privately. They help direct a student academically, mentally, and overall have their services available to assist and support a student. They should have a key trait in patience, good communication, ability to listen, and finding the best possible solution for a pupil.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

SchoolRP would have to be the third roleplay I have played. Although the other two were not focused specifically around school, I was granted a rank as a staff member in one where I have comprehension in management and roleplay.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

Rank Request [Accepted]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/basketball-team-rank-request-rreichii.35881/

Language Request [Denied]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/italian-lang-request-rreichii.36470/

Second Attempt at Language Request [Accepted]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/italian-lang-request-2nd-attempt-rreichii.36498/

Rank Request [Accepted]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/grade-boost-rraaacchheeell.37178/

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

Oondinee - Grade 11

Rreichii - Grade 12, HS Basketball Team

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:

Being tranquil, Ondine would show how she’s undisturbed. She’d offer the individual to a counselling session to work on themselves and express their emotions in a better secured setting. If it came to an extent, she would warn about a detention if they continued their behavior.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:

Although approaching in a poised manner, Ondine would raise her voice to grab their attention. She would tell them to stop and to scatter. If that were to not work, she would give them detention. Further on, she’d also inform them that this could lead them to being sent to the VP or Principals office.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:

Ondine would go over to them and notify them that this would get them in major trouble. She’d tell them that their actions should be revealed in somewhere less open, and not where, as a role model, they could impact students. (Brought to a certain degree, I would take it OOCly and have staff involved)

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?

Ondine would be there to relax on break or after a school day. She’d have a cup of tea or other refreshments with her and would reflect on how she did that day. She may sit with other team members (AKA other employees), or as Ondine resembles a rather approachable aura, one may join her. Nonetheless, she would chat professionally with them about commonly misbehaving students, getting advice from experienced employees and giving to newer ones.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me *She’d gently grab the paper as the pupil was finished with it. Then proceeding, her tone would become softer* “Ah alright… Do you find some of these are more important than others? *She’d scan the paper quickly then look up at the individual*

/me *Done with the session, she’d hand the student a paper filled with questions with a warm smile* As not only an employee, but a friend, I’d appreciate it if you’d fill out this survey of my services. I’d like to see where I can improve to better my help in the future. *She’d get up and open the door standing by it* “I enjoyed this talk! Please hand the survey to me whenever you see me around!”

/me *Her face being filled with sympathy, she’d put her arm behind the students back comforting them* “I’m sorry to hear that… genuinely.” *She’d take reach for the tissue box at the center of the table and would have a tender tone* “I assure you that it’s ok for you to feel this way.”

In-Character Section
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

Full Name (First & Last only): Ondine Seo

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss

Preferred Name: Ondine, Dina, Miss Seo

Age (Minimum is 25): 25

Religious Denomination: At most Spiritual

Marital Status: Single/Unmarried

Academic Degree: Bachelors

Year of Graduation: 2018 (Age 18-22)

Major(s): Psychology

Minors: Education, Social Work

Nationality: South Korean

Current Location: Karakura, Japan

Native Languages: Korean

Other Languages: Japanese, JSL

Backstory

Ondine was born and raised in South Korea, where both her mom and dad were present. Although they were well loving parents, they financially struggled, making them both have to work late hours having little time to care for their daughter. This caused Ondine’s older brother, Beau, to be in frequent guardianship. By the time she was 8, he was already 16 and very troublesome. She was a bystander to watching her brother's mental and physical health take a total turn, whether it was him, drinking, smoking, using drugs, or being under the influence of other appalling substances. Oftentimes he’d be out of the house with his mischief so Ondine would have to care for herself. Although soon enough, Beau was able to get the help he needed and received treatment from rehab. Viewed to be a good thing, it still took a toll on Ondine. Melancholy, there was a void in her life as everyone close to her grew distant.

That was until she entered sophomore year where she met a boy, her supposed highschool sweetheart. Ondine felt as though he filled her heart, making her feel complete and whole again. They managed to graduate while still being together. She was blinded by red flags and common deal breakers as she was in need of a constant figure like him. Avoiding the truth, she made a risky move of tagging along with him, moving all the way to Tokyo, Japan at age 18. Even though she did end up leaving South Korea, her parents majorly disapproved, where they and Ondine ended up on bad terms.

First year of college, Ondine was originally going to major in fashion design, expecting her boyfriend to be the one with a stable income once they settled down. It’s what was planned till a big and crucial breakup. That tore Ondine, she had no one to hold her up, especially in a new and huge city. For mental and financial reasons, she decided to move to a smaller town, where she landed in Karakura, Japan.

With a sort of a new start, Ondine wanted to pick up her fallen pieces. She started with forgiveness, she forgave herself for what had happened in her past, understanding she gave her all to her relationships. Because of that, Ondine decided to contact her parents, and even Beau. She cried on the phone with them as she had unfolded what had happened. Her mom and dad worked it out with her, after all, they were family. In Karakura Community College, she then changed to and established a major in psychology. Through all the emotional baggage she had been through in the past year(s), she resented the fact that anyone else could go through it. After time, she had found herself again and Ondine wanted to help those who were in similar, or even different positions as her. After graduating with a psychology degree, she was able to fit the regulations of becoming a School Counsellor in her current town of Karakura! That was the beginning of a new chapter in her life.

Motivation for Joining KHS:

I’ve gone through a lot of struggles during my adolescence, ones I wish to not see anyone else go through, especially if I’m capable of helping! Taking care of myself by the age of 18, the town of Karakura has helped me get through a lot. A part of my motto is to give back, and I wanted to for this small community. Putting two of my main concerns together, helping people and giving back, the solution I have come up with is joining the faculty as a counsellor! It’s what I have always wanted to be, since I have dedicated my college major of psychology for a role like this.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):

If being employed at a daycare center fits the answer qualifications, then yes! As I moved to Tokyo, Japan out of impulse at age 18, I didn’t have my parents full support. I had to care for myself, making me have to work to pay for a college tuition. Although I did have help from colleagues, which I’m forever grateful for, I was able to land a job at a local daycare center! I worked there for almost my whole first year of college. Getting the job seemed odd at such a young age, but being certified in CPR and First Aid helped boost my application. I was given training in my past life in South Korea, where I did babysitting a lot! I transferred colleges to Karakura Community College, but still decided to maintain a job at a daycare center for my sophomore and junior year of my college term. During my senior year, I was strictly focused on my studies.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:

I find myself to be a very committed person, along with making others feel welcome and comfortable. These are necessary features of a counsellor who’s good at their job. My experienced background of working with young children and learning the behavior of humans through my psychology degree also raises my cause, applicable in a school surrounding.

Extra

Additional notes about your application: N/A

Do you have any questions?: N/A

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for applying, however, your School Employee application won't be accepted today.

After carefully reading through your application, I have found a few errors that could be improved upon should you decide to re-apply:
-
A few of your scenarios could do with extra detail
- Unfortunately there are no Counselor positions open, make sure to check the School Employee Roster to see when a position is open or applicable. Nevertheless, thank you for applying.

DM me on Discord if you have any questions regarding your application: @KimiNoUso#9999

Users who are viewing this thread