SCHOOL NEWS REPORT | Applying for PhD

Maini

Level 5
qmaini
qmaini
Rich
1682534752168.png

PHD Projects | Sayori Bell

The complicated nature of a student's life is what makes it all worthwhile. A student currently enrolled in college has three degrees to complete. a PHD, a Masters, and a Bachelor. By passing the exams, one can earn a bachelor's or master's degree! Even though a PHD is very different, in order to get there, you would need to develop a project based on the subject matter your degree would entail so that they could determine whether you are deserving of receiving it. We'll be speaking with Himawari Heddo today to learn more about the project she created!

1682534752479.png

Himawari : Im Himawari Heddo, 23. I’ve lived here for quite a while, though tend to go in and out of the city rather often.

Sayori : Alright.. Great! You're a pretty outstanding student so far from my observations and you currently have a PHD degree, Correct?

Himawari : Correct.

Sayori : Perfect.. To get the PHD degree, You go through a process of projects. That's what we’ll be talking about today.. I have a few questions about it!

[ The ruffling of paper was heard ]

Sayori : Okay.. So a project always starts with a topic. Did they give you a wide choice of topics or did you have to pick your own?

Himawari : You simply choose the topic that your degree goes to. Like mine being Anatomy and Physiology.

Sayori : Obviously, It’s just that I wouldn't know! I just got into masters… Im drifting off the topic here- Ehem.. Anatomy and Physiology.. That’s really interesting! What sort of job would you put these studies towards?

Himawari : Usually surgeons or doctors in general, I have very big plans for my future.

Sayori : Big plans, Hm? Best of luck to you. . . Moving on!

[ Sayori cleared her throat ]

Sayori : Are there any certain requirements that are strictly needed in the projects, If soo… What?

Himawari : Yes. To begin with, You must provide ****ytical evidence or research. As well as needing to do interviews, Depending on the project and requiring a bit of Interaction.

Sayori : Mhmm.. Anything else?

Himawari : From what I can remember, not quite.

Sayori : It’s good enough, No worries. I won't be keeping you for long, So i just need you to tell me all you can about the project you made and advice for people that will be making their own projects for themselves later on!

[ Shushed whispers could be heard, But you couldn't tell what they were saying… ]

Himawari : Hmm. . . Well, I’ll begin with the advice. Do not stray from what you’re unaware of, and if you don't wish to speak or interview others . . You are out of luck. A ‘PHD’ is a higher form of education than most reach, treat it as such. Once accepted you are one of Karakura’s few prideful accomplishments in our school. As well, you shouldn’t be scared to mention other topics related to my major. If you do not write on something you enjoy, or are efficient in; Simply do not try.

[ Himawari cleared her throat ]

Himawari : Now about my project, I struggled picking which topic i wanted to do, as i was doing major and minor studies. However, most would wonder why I chose my minor study to write on! I had just wanted an excuse to write about it more. It included interviews from many of Karakura’s doctors. Writing on one’s profession is an easy ticket to interviews; Everyone likes questions afterall. Though, really. . There isn't much to say. It’s essentially a large essay including documentation. The process itself is much scarier than the writing. You live present your project to the SLT’s and the chances of them enjoying it? Are rather low. Afterall. . They do truly look for the best of the best.

Sayori : And you, Himawari- are the best of the best.

Himawari : I'm simply one of many.

Sayori : You never fail to impress me.

Himawari : Every single project will be different, That’s the point. No matter what you do, You must be unique. Unfortunately, that's all I have to say. It's a large essay.

Sayori : I’m pretty sure that this is going to help lots of people in ways you cannot imagine. If they manage to swiftly switch their projects up in their own unique way, Thank you for attending today! I appreciate it.

Himawari : I do hope this helps others, though it’d be much more helpful if I could provide more. . Alas, I can’t. Of course, If you need any more questions; Do let me know.

Sayori : I’ll let you know, Thank you again!

1682534752947.png

According to what we've learned so far, every project must be distinctive, detailed, and carefully studied; this is almost the key to getting a PhD, but you must also be passionate about what you're applying for, knowing with all your heart that this is what you'll be striving for. Consider why you want to pursue a PhD and make sure your application is focused and enthusiastic. Before applying, talk to someone in the same department or one higher up! Make sure you prepare for the presentations as well as acquire outstanding references. Sayori Bell here, signing off!

Users who are viewing this thread