mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

SCHOOL NEWS REPORT | CAR-A-KURA

FadedMoonlight

Level 60

In Karakura High and its connecting College, there is a bit of a subculture shared among the student body and even some of the faculty members. The cars of Karakura are mostly owned by students from the age of 18-20, and there is no real explanation for this. So, rather than give you my opinion on the matter and call it a day, I decided to dig a little deeper into the ‘lore’ so to speak. Whether it’s racing brackets, exotic sports cars from the West, or wacky cars made to replicate that of film. Karakura High has plenty of vehicles to choose from for those who enjoy all types of cliches. From poor students driving super cars to wealthy students driving a 2008 Toyota Corolla, Karakura leaves not a single soul unphased.

So what kind of rides do we see parked on the side of the road in front of the school? Well, I took a walk around the school and talked to a few ‘lucky’ individuals, letting them tell me the model of their car and why they decided on that model in particular!

Shen Cui Long, the owner of a Bugatti Chiron Turbo says “We can drive to a better place.”...hopefully he doesn’t mean to the afterlife!

All the way from Karakura Jail, Komoshi Hanata says “It's a Maserati Gran Cabrio and a special one at that, I like the model because of its stylish and performance on streets and what not. Most people like 18 or something is just to be free. Its want right? Something to let us feel free from walking. It adds to how trapped we feel in this city and how it feels great to be able to speed on the streets and feel alive for once.”

Anya Tsukumo, a track team member said “It's a BMW F32! It was actually a gift to me from a good friend of mine a while back because they knew I adored the model!”

Mashiro Yuki, a basketball player said “It’s a red motorbike. I’m not exactly sure what model but that’s what the seller told me when I bought it! I chose it because I'm really into motorcycles, and a big one like this caught my attention immediately. Especially the color of it.”

Finally, Marilyn Tominaga said “This was a gift from my brother, who had recently moved into the city. It’s a 1958 Imperial, old school. Cars have fascinated me in the back of my mind for quite a long time, especially older models from the 30s-60s. They have a design that is simply unmatched by today’s standards.”

Interacting with the student drivers of Karakura was very fun! I was able to get insight as to why they chose to drive, and why they like the model of the car that they own. But to get a closer look at the vehicular subculture of Karakura High’s student body, I decided to interview a student mechanic that had quite a bit of experience working on motor vehicles. His name was Micheal Sada, and he gave me a pretty good interview that was both enjoyable and insightful!

Marilyn
So, you're a mechanic, yes? What is it that you do, Michael?

Michael
Uhh.. Well! I specialize in older stuff. Wires and all that electric stuff makes my head hurt- I stick with old vehicles oright mechanical stuff I guess..

Marilyn
Hm, and with the recent influx of imported cars, do you find your job easier or more difficult? Is there more work or is it about the same?

Michael
Well- I guess it's alright! Most people have actually been importing older car models so.. I don't mind it? Not really difficult or easier- or sorta just get what I get.

Marilyn
I see. So what is it that got you into mechanics?

Michael
My dad! He and I used to run a little mechanic shop elsewhere. Then my mom sent me here cause she had the money I guess.. Sent me here for school I mean.

Marilyn
I see... What is it about mechanics that interests you? Or is it just a tradition that you wish to carry on.

Michael
Both! Or wait does that make sense? I mean like I love what I do! I actually met someone recently named Mr. Masahiko who said he'll even let me help in the future.. Mechanic thing he's planning! And well, yeah I'd like to keep doing it for my dad too.

Marilyn
This 'Mr. Masahiko'. What exactly is it that he's planning?

Michael
Like a repair shop business sorta deal he told me he currently just does real-estate but did mechanic stuff when he was my age!

Marilyn
And, the main question I want to ask: What is your reasoning behind the fact that most Karakuran drivers are from the age of eighteen to the age of twenty?

Michael
Why would I know? It's weird, sure but like.. Look, I don't check licenses when I fix up stuff so I don't know ages. As long as the person is nice and pays me I kinda just do the job ... Ya know? Maybe young adults just happen to be rich.

Marilyn
You don't.. huh? I.. You don't check licenses?.. is your job considered legal?

Michael
There’s no law saying it’s not! It’s simple! I get a car? I'll fix it! Bike? Fix it! Easy!

Marilyn
Aw, I love your enthusiasm... even if it's about a shady back alley chop-shop you run. ANYWAYS! If you had to make a statement to your peers about the subculture of cars and other vehicles, what would it be?

Michael
I don't really ... Run a shop- it's more of people pulling up after speaking with me, I fix it, get paid and ‘woosh’ off they go no questions asked and uhhh.. I don't know what to say aha ..don't try to fix it yourselves?? If you can't do car or bike or other stuff like... Genuinely [unintelligible]? Let a pro do it so like.. It saves you less money? Cause you may break even more than what was originally wrong.

Michael was quite a bit of help! But didn’t seem to have a clue why the driving population of Karakura had mostly been filled with students. So, I decided to grab a few statements from Karakura High’s faculty!

"Well shucks! I think it's because the students have a secret underground car ring where they build cars and give them out to students!” - Snoobs Wigglesworth, History Teacher

“Marilyn, it’s five in the morning… I don’t know, I just got here!” - Jason Anderson, Mathematics Teacher

"Because the majority of the population are students." - Allen Black, Head of the English Department

"Gosh .. I didn't know they did drive ! I think it's maybe .. dangerous ? not sure .." - Violet Tea, Elective Teacher

Nobody is very sure about the reason behind the ages of active drivers, besides maybe Allen Black, who gave a short, sweet and simple statement and nothing more. Overall, I believe that all three statements are correct! The population of students to adults are very unbalanced, driving is dangerous, and thrill-seekers love speeding down the highway to Hell, and maybe students ARE involved in a chop-shop! Michael’s interview does indeed point us in that direction. If you’re a car owner in Karakura, you fit into this new subculture we have developing at our feet. And as a car owner myself, I have to say that it’s been fun sharing the road with you lunatics!

HunterHampter

Level 61
Community Team
Media Team
HampterHunter
HampterHunter
Notable
Damn bro, I'm not featured in this?
My char is literally a Mechanic and owned a Garage IC-ly next to club-luxe before ;-;

Users who are viewing this thread