mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

SCHOOL NEWS REPORT | CCTV Cameras of Karakura

ezriei

Level 15
ezriei
ezriei
Fundraiser+
The Karakura cameras, the addition that made people turn heads, what would you do if you go to school, and there's cameras everywhere? Do you feel safer, or believe it’s an invasion of privacy?

Earlier this year, an addition was made to the city, which are cameras! An idea meant to help protect the residents of Karakura, the place where crime is reported every-other day, helping the civilians feel safer. But, the real question is, was this a good decision? In this report, I’ll be showcasing a students’ opinions on this change, the ones most vulnerable to harm.

“MAYA SANDERS”

“Hello, and thank you for your time. Ahem- What is your name? Tell us something about yourself and your involvement in the school, currently?”

“My name is Maya Sanders. I am from California and I moved here to attend Karakura's college. I am currently working on joining the Cheer team, and I'm looking to join a club once I find one that suits my interests.”

“Hi, Maya. What was your initial reaction to cameras flooding the town? How did you feel the day you noticed them?”

“I feel like, when I first moved here, the cameras were the first thing I noticed. I guess Karakura is really all about safety. They don't have CCTV in America like they do here.”

“Do you believe the cameras spreading around Karakura are good, or should've been kept aside?”

“I feel like it depends on the person and their intentions. Obvi, criminals won't like it but law-abiding citizens will love it. I personally don't care either way. I pretend I'm on a reality show like The Office and slowly pan to the cameras.”

“So, you believe the CCTV cameras will affect criminals more than the everyday citizen, in Karakura?”

“Oh, yeah. With eyes everywhere and constant recording, I definitely think it will help catch people who commit crimes in public areas, and the citizens will be more protected and have proper evidence to convict their attackers.”

“I see, I see. I appreciate your time, you’re free to go now.”

Both myself and Ms. Sanders have generally the same opinion. However, I’ll point a few of these out.

First off, overall safety is obviously a main concern. The CCTV cameras were likely introduced as a way to keep citizens safer, as said earlier. But is this really the case? Yes, these will bring immediate proof if a crime is committed, especially involving multiple people.

However, what happens if the individual simply conceals their identity? There are definite places without cameras, alleyways, and ways to hide. Maybe,there could be more cameras? To cover the entire town.

Second! As many people would agree, the cameras seem to impact criminals, criminal organizations, and such. But, why did the town have to come to this? Perhaps by adding more punishment and ways to reduce the amount of crime, so citizens wouldn’t have the everyday fear of being watched. However, the introduction of security cameras are mostly positive, as many would argue. There's nothing more people want, than to be able to feel safe while being outside, at events, and just in general! I believe the cameras are part of what will help this goal become achieved.

Camera Locations

Cameras are scattered everywhere around Karakura! I believe cameras aren’t the issue, but how they were placed out. The most common being outside of apartment complexes, some even inside the halls! Which I believe was a spectacular idea, as many crimes do occur in ones’ one residence! Another is near the school gates, keeping note of who enters the school grounds, and when.

However, as I’ve said before, the cameras do not cover all the town, a fatal error. One location includes the Pukunikkueria Forest Trail, a popular spot in the forest, also a hotspot for mugging, kidnapping, and assault!

What about you? Do you think the CCTV cameras were a good and beneficial addition to the town, or, do you think they were a mistake? I’d love to hear your opinion!

Thank you, GreenWitchLys, for taking part in my interview!

kAGURA104

Level 2
kAGURA104
kAGURA104
Rich+
More cameras needed! It must cover every area of the city. We never know when and how the criminals will find ways to escape the law again. More cameras will scare them at least!

Users who are viewing this thread