mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

SCHOOL NEWS REPORT | Council - A Change?

PretzelEnthusiast6969

Level 11
FreePretzels
FreePretzels
Rich

It's been more or less a month since my most recent hit-piece on the Student Council and a lot has changed since then. For starters, I got my nails done, I finished watching Breaking Bad for the first time, and - probably more relevant to the story - I was made aware of the leadership change in the council.

This was especially interesting to me as, through the use of my SUPER COOL Onrain account @ComplaintsDept, I learnt that some of the councillors themselves felt dissatisfied with the leadership of prior presidents.

Believe it or not, the message shown above was sent by one of the members of the Student Council! Talk about friendly-fire, no?

I wasn’t able to explore this topic as in-depth as I would have liked as, before I stopped procrastinating, the president at the time was replaced with the wonderful Ayaka Kusanagi.

I took a seat with Ms. Kusanagi regarding her newest leadership role, expecting to tackle these following topics with her:

The following is a transcript of my interview with Ms. Kusanagi alongside my personal thoughts to her responses.

Den:
“So! Ms. Kusanagi, how are you feeling today?”
Ayaka:
“I’m doing alright, thank you! What about yourself?”
Den:
“Oh, I’m doing perfect!”

First, I pressed Ms. Kusanagi on how she feels on becoming the new Student Council president. I supposed at the time that this promotion would be a bit daunting for the young president, especially on such short notice…

Den:
“Now, word of mouth is that a certain somebody got a promotion in council? ‘Zat so?”
Ayaka:
“Mhm, it is! I’m so excited to finally have been promoted, especially because I was left as vice-president to a random person after my first president left. The spot was taken right before my eyes… Twice.”
Den:
“Oof! That's just Gotta sting a lil’!”
Ayaka:
“Mhm, definitely, since it was my own father’s doing. But I guess that gave me the opportunity to develop myself more!”
Den:
“Well, it’s good to know that Mr. Kusanagi doesn’t play favourites in that case!”
Den:
[Light chuckle]
Ayaka:
“He definitely wouldn’t do such a thing.”

…Yet, to my surprise, Ms. Kusanagi seemed more than eager to take on this new role. From the looks of things, she seemed to have had her eye on this role for quite some time either way!

[To the Top!]

Next, I wanted to see how Ms. Kusanagi would be changing up the Student Council, hopefully for the better…

Den:
“Next line of questioning! What are you going to do differently than the previous president?”
Ayaka:
“My main goal as of right now is improving the council, especially the activity of the members. It’s been at an all time low.“
Ayaka:
“It might seem weird that I’m focusing on the council before anyone or anything else, but as long as we aren’t functioning as a team properly, there’s no way for us to do anything to improve the school.”
Den:
“I’ve come to notice that too, honestly- especially after my BANGER of a hit-piece on council a while back.”
Ayaka:
“Oh… yeah, I remember that! Can’t say you were in the wrong for that.”
Den:
“Do you have any plans in place for improving the council?”
Ayaka:
“Though I have no official plans as of now, I have been actively thinking about bringing different committees back to the council as a way to give councillors more responsibilities…”
Ayaka:
“...But all this would need to be approved by the college president Bee, the council lead, and the councillors themselves.”

This response excited me quite a bit. Behind the scenes of the Journalism Club, the leadership roles have been divided into 3 responsibilities. This not only allows the higher ranking members of the club to be more proactive but it also allows them to alleviate some stress of managing a club off of the club lead. Good idea, Ms. Kusanagi!

[To the Top!]

Now, I would be remiss if I didn’t say that this line of questioning was the one I was most intrigued with at the time. After all, the report I made prior to this one ended up with me calling the Student Council as a whole argumentative and prone to acts of random violence. I even went as far as to say that the council “inflates their ego” and “clouds their judgement”!

Den:
“How will you be dealing with the issues I have highlighted in my previous report? That being how some councillors have been acting out”
Ayaka:
“...Could you remind me of what exactly was mentioned in that report?”
Den:
“The three examples I listed were Yuu Narukami throwing a defenceless child into a pond, albeit off-campus, Asami Jaibatsume blatantly harassing me, albeit no longer a councillor, and some… Dweebazoid getting into a screaming match with me about one of her sisters.”
Ayaka:
“Though I do hold higher standards than our previous president, one of these was off school grounds, the other is no longer on council, and the last is unknown to me.”
Den:
“There’s not much you can do in regards to these previous incidents, it seems.”
Ayaka:
“Unfortunately so… Though we do our very best to supervise the councillors. Unfortunately, we have to rely on reports others make about incidents like these.”
Den:
“Will there be systems put in place to ensure that these events are made more unlikely?”
Ayaka:
“I have no current plans for such a system but if you have any ideas feel free to share them with me at any time!”
Den:
“That’s perfect, I’ll certainly get in touch with you about some of my ideas once I’ve fleshed them out a little bit more.”

This response. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t somewhat… disappointed. I was hoping for a more proactive stance against councillors who start to abuse their privileges. Either way, it's a good sign that Ayaka is interested in any external ideas.

[To the Top!]

Final Thoughts:

Overall, this interview left me wary but hopeful for the future of the Student Council, especially in how Ms. Kusanagi plans to improve the council by finding ways of upping activity. I guess all we can do from this point is hope and pray for an improvement in the Student Council - we wouldn’t be wanting another council hit-piece from me, would we?

Den:
“That basically ends my line of questioning - do you have any messages for the readers of this report?”
Ayaka:
“In any case… Come to our friendship day event!”

[To the Top!]

Last edited:

philbertman42

Level 137
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Ayako Kusanagi is way cooler than Ayaka btw, you should talk to her if you ever see her (she is very lonely and loves any positive attention and or affirmation please be nice to her)

The FJ

Level 93
ilovemyplanex5
ilovemyplanex5
Rich+
Ayako Kusanagi is way cooler than Ayaka btw, you should talk to her if you ever see her (she is very lonely and loves any positive attention and or affirmation please be nice to her)
She sounds desperate

Users who are viewing this thread