players online

SCHOOL NEWS REPORT | Growing Up

ZaciZach

Level 27
zacizach
zacizach
Rich+

The concept of time is quite funny.

One day, we were all kids still learning how to walk or talk. Where the afternoons are full of fun times and toys and colorful and everything feels so big. But you blink, and suddenly you’re in your new ironed out uniform and standing right in front of your kindergarten, your tiny body filled to the brim with nervous energy but excitement. Blink once more and the world became a little smaller as you grew bigger, donning a new uniform and attending high school.

I ask you this, do you recall the days when you were younger that time felt so slow? But then comparing it to your present… It seemed like time flashed in the blink of an eye.

Saying this as a 22 year old college student, growing up is a pain. You have your happy days and sad days. You make friends and lose friends, too. Heck, maybe make a few enemies while you’re at it. You learn valuable lessons through stupid shena****ns or through advice from an old lady sitting in the park. You realize things about yourself you never realized before. Growing up is messy, and it becomes even more of a mess growing up in Karakura.

Like, can we all just agree on that?

Out of curiosity I interviewed a friend that I consider a brother even though he doesn’t know it yet, of what he thought about this topic.

The transcript below is of our interview.

Yellow - Zacharie T. Edgeworth
Blue - Kai H. Adelaide

Hello and thank you for taking the time out of your day for the interview- even though I forced it- uh moving on, introduce yourself?

Right.. I am Kai Haisaki Adelaide, a fellow student of Karakura school and college, a masters student. Raised and born in France. I love coffee, sweaters aaaand I also have a habit of going broke after buying flower bouquets and baked goods.

Interesting. So what I want to ask you first and foremost is what is it like growing up in Karakura?

Growing up in Karakura is something that's more of a rollercoaster. You get to experience a lot here. Some good, some bad. For me, the best thing about growing up here are the amazing people you get to meet, talk and hang out with, that’s how I managed to find my partner. While the city’s small, I wouldn’t say it’s lacking behind other known cities. If anything, it’s quite a nice place to live in. There are amazing cafes, shops, you also have the beach, but of course living in Karakura you also hear and see a lot of crime going around, which the city is most known for unfortunately. But overall, I’d say it’s amazing growing up here even with all the downsides.

Huh, interesting. Okay, then next question. What do you think about just- growing up in general? Going from high school to college, growing one year older… Stuff like that?

Right… That… Well… For the most part, growing up here in a school and college like this you learn a lot and not only the usual school stuff, life lessons as well and alike. Going through the years here in Karakura, I’d say it can be life changing as from my own experience I’ve met people who changed me, my views and overall just matured me a lot more. And with those people as you grow up more with them and not just normal friends. The teachers, professors as well and alike who shape your life become more important and you value them more as you grow up here.

One last question… Let’s say you were able to talk to your younger self, what would you tell him?

Interesting… To be fair, there aren’t many things I’d say to my younger self, but the main thing I’d tell him is just to not lose hope, keep on going and to hold on to the people that he considers close.

Thank you for talking with me today, Kai.

While editing this report, I realized that we said ‘interesting’ repeatedly… But Kai brought up a couple points that I actually do agree with myself and even could relate to. And I feel like many students and citizens alike could relate to as well. The people here change us, either for the better or worse really. But it’s the people that affect our life the most and change us to be who we are today.

Growing up is messy. Growing up can be a pain in the ass. Growing up is also just a part of life.

Then again, everyone grew up differently to the point some despise the idea of growing up while others want to live their dreams of having their choice of career or grow a family or be popular and famous and hot. And the term ‘growing up’ or a ‘grown up’ can be interpreted differently for so many people.

It’s something to think about, especially for us poor students in high school and college and probably the adults.

That’s all for this report, everyone. Don’t forget to drink water, get something to munch on, and take care. Until the next report.

pashy

Level 183
One last question… Let’s say you were able to talk to your younger self, what would you tell him?
Ooh man alot of stuff..

Good job on the report! I liked it and, got me thinking abit O. O many things I'd say to my younger self.. Throughout the past 4 years alot of issues, mistakes, and problems occurred that just needed a little more knowledge from me for them not to occure. Though I guess this is how I achieved the knowledge, falling in mistakes!!

Users who are viewing this thread