players online

SCHOOL NEWS REPORT | How To Deal With Stress

Opxxi

Level 4
Opxxi
Opxxi
Omega+
Stress.jpg﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
Yea, we’ve heard all too much about stress in the last year. It happens to everyone, but the big question I’ve heard is, how do you relieve stress? And what are some ways to?

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

[The camera would flicker on, and you’d see Seana sitting at the edge of her bed, with the camera propped up on a shelf.]

Seana:
“Hey hey! I’m Seana and I’m a bit new to this whole thing. I even had trouble turning the camera on, but let's not talk about that! Let’s just get straight to the point. What is stress? Stress is when you’re feeling sad, overwhelmed or angry. It appears in different ways for everybody, so please don’t feel left out.”

[Paused, she’d look down at her notebook packed with words too small to see.]

Seana:
“And, now I’m gonna share some ways to relieve stress. Some ways that work for me, and some that have worked for other people.”

[The screen would cut to a power-point like a slideshow. With a voiceover.]

LISTENING TO MUSIC

Seana:
“Figured this one out myself, listening to music can help relieve all kinds of stress. Such a simple and easy thing to do, some people would’ve guessed that I helped with stress, and some would never have. I’ve found that it doesn’t work for everyone, but it worked for me!

BAKING/COOKING

Seana:
“I also found that baking or cooking anything is a big stress reliever. You can relax your hands while they’re working away to make something tasty! Cooking tends to take your mind off of whatever you've been thinking about, whether it be negative, or self esteem lowering. In other words it can be helpful. Cooking also happens to take up time, which can be a big thing. Even if you aren’t good at cooking, myself included, it still helps a ton.”

EATING AND SLEEPING RIGHT

Seana:
“Your stress may have been caused by a lack of eating and/or sleeping. Which never feels nice. But, it’s also a very good way to relieve stress. I’ve heard a lot of people say, “Go home and sleep on it.” And honestly, I think that’s one of the best things you can do. It gives you, your brain, and your body a break from worrying.

TALK TO SOMEONE

Seana:
“Whether it's a ther-apist, a good friend, and/or family member. You should try and talk to someone if you feel stressed, pressured, and/or alone. If you’re able to reach out to someone, it’ll help you feel better. It may be weird, and you might feel uncomfortable sharing about how you feel, and if that’s the case, I’d recommend a journal.”

WRITE IT DOWN

Seana:
“As follows, if you’re not comfortable speaking to someone else about your personal life, write it down! Buy a cheap journal from the dollar store, you could even use old ones from previous years! I highly recommend keeping a book like that, even if you only write things once a week, or once a month. It’s just a good thing to have if needed. You may be shocked, if you kept a journal/diary like, you could look back from the past to see if you made any improvements, you know?”

[The slide show would slowly fade to a black screen, then back to Seana sitting on the edge of her bed.]

Seana:
“Thanks for listening! I’ll be back in maybe a week or two. But for now, this is me saying goodbye!”

[She’d wave at the camera, leaning in then turning it off.]

IGN: Opxxi
DISC: Opxxi#9608

Thing1[R.K] [18] [Grade-12] Seana "Soul" W. R.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread