players online

SCHOOL NEWS REPORT | Remnants Of A Disbanded Club

ZaciZach

Level 27
zacizach
zacizach
Rich+
Remnants of a Disbanded Club.png

[The recorded video would start, the face of Zacharie T. Edgeworth appeared. It seemed as if she was holding the camera up in front of her, pointing towards her. The background shows lots of trees moving about, showing that she’s walking through a forest.]

Good morning, my name is Zacharie T. Edgeworth. Uh, I’m one of the new student journalists for the Journalism Club.

[She sounded a bit out of breath, seemingly walking for a while now. But there’s a small shy smile as she looked at the camera to speak.]

I’ve never recorded a video like this before. . . especially since my previous report was typed down. Anyway, I’m here to actually talk about, uh, a club that used to be active and around in Karakura. If you’ve been around for a while, you may have heard of D&D Club. It was a cool club, I used to be the manager there. Hence why uh- I’m recording. Because it’s better to show than just pictures.

[The video cuts to her just sitting down now, the camera still being raised to point at her. With how the camera is positioned, a big tree is found behind her. It seemed similar to one found in Ochiba Forest]

The D&D club was, well, as you expect, D&D related. I was one of the first members there, and with my ‘dedication’ I became a manager. You should have seen how much stress we were put into when the club presidents realized we had to host an event within two months. Or was it a month?

[She laughed softly, her expression soft as she remembered the past.]

But yea. At some point, the D&D club hosted a school event right here in Ochiba forest. I think one of the sport tryouts happened before the event, so one of our members was running late. We were all panicking.

[She stood back up and continued to walk, the camera still pointed at her.]

There were other clubs that eventually became disbanded over the years. The only thing that remains were their club rooms, collecting dust until another club comes along. And their members, if they’re even around to hold the memories. But for the D&D club? It’s a bit of a different case… Because the place where the D&D event took place… it’s still here.

[The camera is then flipped to show the front view. An arched entrance made out of wood and decorated with leaves was shown in front, a dirt pathway slithering through the entrance to the rest of what used to be the place where the D&D event was hosted in the past. She pointed at the arched gate as she stepped forward.]

There were red and black banners decorated at the top there, I think. The club president- Jiyura, wanted more black and red banners starting from the entrance of Ochiba forest that lead up to here. But we didn’t have enough banners so we ended up just using leftover signs to point people to the right direction. I find it funny for some reason.

[Walking through, more trees stood at the side. She pointed at the empty spot on the right nearest to the gate.]

There was a booth here. I forgot who helped with the stand. .. Was it Lyanna? I don’t quite remember, but I know someone was helping give out club information in the books. Then on the other side if we go further up, is the booth where we sold props. Bunch of broom sticks, shields, a sword, even masks. Funny enough, Jiyura thought the masks would sell really well since it’s Karakura. But surprisingly, it wasn’t the case.

[She then gestured to another empty spot at the other side, farther down the path. Walking down, the video will capture what looks like a stage with a table and three chairs behind it.]

Jiyura got the Fashion Club involved and helped host a fashion show. I think that’s one of the other highlights other than the Games section- Oh right! One of the booths is still here being used by the uncle there.

[She pointed the camera at the third booth, which remained standing. Behind the counter is the old fishing man. He didn’t seem to notice her.]

Let’s keep going. Uh, there were some cool lights over at the pond there. I was overseeing the setting up of the booths and props around here, so I get to watch the lights being brought up and decorated. It was pretty magical, seeing it. Especially at night too. Lots of people got photos taken right at the end of the pier. The Photography Club helped too.

[She walked further down the path until a rose bush came into view, a rock barrier at the side. She seemed to pause for a bit.]

This was the start of the Games section for the event. I’ve already forgotten most of the details. .. And I don’t really want to bore you with said details. But uh, as a manager I actually took control of the Games. So I wrote the story, made up the props, even the characters. The games was more of a ‘Murder Mystery’ kind of game, and they have to figure out who murdered who. It was obvious, not going to lie, but it was fun.

[She stepped through the bush, walking through the dense forest. The video cuts to when a broken dollhouse appeared.]

Oh sh- It’s still here. This is one of the props- a half broken down dollhouse. I actually made the dollhouse. I guess with how much time passed it managed to break down completely.

[There was a pause, before the camera shifted back to face Zacharie.]

I think I’m going to head back out. There’s uh, wild bears roaming about. Don’t want to accidentally injure myself or something… But yea. That was the games area for the event. I checked the place uh, earlier this week. And I can confirm that the props used for the games are still pretty much there. Like, the names engraved on the tree, and a small spot where the character blacksmith used to be, as well as a gravestone that was opened for some reason. It’s supposed to be closed. No one was in the grave. It’s a prop for the event.

[The video cuts. Then it shows Zacharie sitting on the stage of what used to be the Fashion Show section of the event, camera still facing her. She seems to be thinking before talking.]

The D&D club ended because there was too much workload for Jiyura due to her being a Councillor and the Club President at the same time. Prior to that, though, we were also struggling to figure out the activities we can do for the members. One of the common reasons why clubs end up getting disbanded or inactive was due to either the club presidents getting stressed from the workload… or they were lacking ideas to make the club more interactive, more fun. Eventually, clubs would just kind of fall apart on their own. Without a leader to lead, it just… disbanded.

[A dango somehow appeared, and she took a bite out of it. The video cuts, and the next scene shows her finishing the dango before speaking.]

I was upset when the club was disbanded. I wasn’t fit to lead at the time, and even now I’m still not. Though I will admit, I missed it. Coming here and seeing the familiar booths and decorations still up and about, it’s just kind of a bittersweet feeling, spending so much time on an event only for the club to disband later. Because back then, when I was a member in High School, I didn’t want the club to end. But at the same time, the memories of the club didn’t fully disappear. Not when this place still exists. Not when members like me are still around to talk about it. Oh, and the yearbook too.

[She stood back up, pointing the camera back out to the area.]

People are going to come here and think this was just another place to hangout in Ochiba forest. They aren’t wrong… But someday, no one is going to remember that this part of the forest only changed because of a club that hosted one of the funnest school events I’ve ever been to. Though, I’m biased. I was a manager there, after all. Which is why I’m making this school report, to talk more about this place and D&D Club. So we don’t forget.

[A small sigh is heard, before the camera shifts back to face Zacharie. She looked a bit tired.]

But who knows. One day this place might get renovated, the booth will get removed. This stage is going to get removed. The props over in the forest will be removed too. But for now, this place is going to stay for a while. So when you’re in Ochiba Forest, feel free to swing by this place. Just follow the dirt road starting from the entrance and follow ahead. Anyway, I’ll be ending this video report. Again, I’m Zacharie, one of your fellow school journalists. Drink some water and take care.

[Zacharie gives a small wave to the camera, accompanied by a shy smile before the video fades to black, ending it.]

Yushi

Level 11
sanriofangirl
sanriofangirl
Omega+
I READ THIS ALREADY LAST NIGHT BUT I CANT STOP READING IT AGAIN I LOVR YOUR WRITING SM!!!!!!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Users who are viewing this thread