mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

SCHOOL NEWS REPORT | The Next Generation

FadedMoonlight

Level 60

Good morning, afternoon, night, or whenever you decide to read this article, Karakura High! I’ve been informed recently that more people actually seem to find my articles on their own rather than when (and if) the school announces it. That’s cool! Thank you all for your support. (Besides that one person who threatened me for taking a photo of an altercation.)

I decided about a month ago to write an article on the ‘new generation’ of teachers that have been hired by the Student Leadership Team and trained by none other than Allen Black. However, due to circumstances I won’t elaborate on, I never finished writing that article. So instead of simply copy and pasting what I had then, I decided to wait until the month had finished so I could evaluate what these new teachers bring to the table! I’ve even interviewed one of them so that I could be given a more inside perspective of what it’s like being a Karakura High School teacher.

The new wave of Karakura Teachers has been pretty tight! We’ve been given classic mathematics teachers such as Lily Kuznetsova-Solas, Chimon Misono and Jason Anderson. With each class bringing a unique flavor to the subject!

Hate math? Mr. Anderson’s class is for you, because he hates it as much as you do. In this class, you will be learning the basics of mathematics and be introduced to the field of Algebra. Sounds difficult? It’s not! The average grade of Mr. Anderson’s class is well above average! He is a very lenient teacher with a heart just about as gold as his eyes.

Perhaps Mr. Anderson’s class is too dull for you though, maybe you want a little more of a challenge? Well, fear not. Because Ms. Kuznetsova-Solas’s class ups the ante while also providing a very relaxing environment to work in. While the difficulty of the assignments is higher than Mr. Anderson’s class, Ms. K-Solas tries her very best to provide an environment where the students are not threatened by the work or workspace.

Now you’re prepared for the final boss of mathematics, then you’re ready to step into Mr. Misono’s classroom. In this class, you’ll be hearing numbers that you didn’t even know existed? Ever want to know what the meaning of life is? Mr. Misono’s complex equations may just find you the answer to that question.This class is best left to the experts, because I simply have no idea what is ever being talked about in Mr. Misono’s class.
(PS: The answer is 42, according to the University of Google.)

Now, what exactly is it like to work as a Karakura High School teacher? Well, despite being in close contact with Mr. Anderson, he doesn’t always give the most insight. So I set out on a little quest to talk to one of the new Mathematics teachers so I could be given an inside perspective of just what it’s like to live life in the lovely place that we call our own High School. For this interview, I decided to choose Ms. K-Solas as my interviewee, due to the lack of other options as you will soon read in the interview. She gave me some great perspective in not only the life of a teacher, but how the changes around her have shifted public morale in both the faculty and the students alike.

Marilyn:
First of all, thank you for agreeing to this interview! You're among the newer batches of teacher hires, right?

Lily:
Yes I am!

Marilyn:
Great! Who are some of the other teachers that were in your 'hiring' group?

Lily:
Let me think.. Hideko Chi, who vanished? Jason Anderson and... I don't think I met the other one who was in training with us!

Marilyn:
I see, I see, how is your relationship with your fellow co-workers?

Lily:
My co-workers are amazing! Mr Allen Black has always been a close friend of mine, so we get along very well. Jason Anderson is great! Sadly he's on vacation at the moment. Hideko Chi was a very strange female but also very loving, shame she's gone. Obviously Washu, my brother was a teacher when I first joined, so he made me fit right in! But unfortunately he passed recently not long after quitting work. But in general all faculty members are great! I've made friends with the other factions, like the librarians, tutors and some professors! They are all very welcoming towards new members.

Marilyn:
Oh... Washu passed away? That's very unfortunate... We recently had another death in the school, Violet Tea. Have you seen an effect on morale ever since the two respective passings?

Lily:
I've seen people being upset. Violet Tea was such a loving girl, she was always kind towards me, and we both always had flowers! She was beautiful and didn't deserve the death she got... It had a big impact on all of us. It was heartbreaking to the faculty members to say the least..

Marilyn:
Mr. Anderson, who was the most active teacher of Karakura High last month, as you said he has gone on vacation. His final class that he had hosted was informing his students of Ms. Tea's passing. Do you think he is gone because of her passing?

Lily:
It's most likely. I believed they were close, and grieving is something people deal with in different ways. I believe its right for him to take some time off work if that is what it is for. When my brother died, I grieved but my way of coping with it was to distract myself. But school gets stressful and just makes it worse, so I believe he did what is best for himself.

Marilyn:
Back to you, how has your first month treated you thus far, Ms. Kuznetsova-Solas?

Lily:
It has been... An adventure! I've met a lot of different personalities. Some are weirder than others. But I've been enjoying my life as a teacher! It's giving me responsibility that I've wanted and I do enjoy it! I teach math, geometry, so I have many students that struggle. But I enjoy the subject so I like to help as much as possible. It's been a good time, to say the least. Im glad I took this job.

Marilyn:
You came to Karakura High at a time where massive improvements were being put into place, have you noticed any shift in behavior among students? Positive or negative.

Lily:
I've noticed most positives! Students are willing to learn more and actually listen, and as more faculty has been employed and places have opened up, it's been helpful having more members on school grounds, as the students seem to put more effort in and take class and exams more seriously! Many highschool students want to go to college.

Marilyn:
Interesting! And how do you think Karakura High will look one year from now?

Lily:
I'd like to think of less accidents in school- But all schools get that. But i'd say that hopefully more equipment, for faculty and students! And maybe a change in the school layout? As I still get lost in that school- Could barely tell you where the library is!

Marilyn:
Right of the front reception, up the stairway twice and then down that hallway to the left. Anyways! So from what I'm gathering, you have a more neutral stance on the school. It's good in some ways and not so great in others... Can you explain your views?

Lily:
I believe the school is managed well, It has understandable rules with which most students comply with, and the role of teaching is rewarding. My only annoyance is the difficulty of finding staff when needed, like nurses and what-not, as I'm not medically trained in those types of scenarios. Another one is probably the lack of events and assembly in school! I know there was just a school sleepover but I feel like the students should have more opportunity to do stuff whilst on school grounds like having more career days! As many students don't know what they want to be when older, and not everyone wants to have a job in KHS. As well as having more people come in to speak, like the governors as they don't come to speak often, as well as the police. Maybe teaching the kids how to avoid so much violence!

Marilyn:
Thank you! And if you had to make a statement to a new student at Karakura High, what would it be?

Lily:
I would simply say good luck! KHS is a great place to make friends and to socialize, and to learn new things. It won't always be an easy experience in school, but people learn and grow from it. That's what I did and now I'm a teacher there!

Ms. K-Solas gave some great insight as to what it is like to be a teacher. More importantly, she didn’t simply pick a side when it came to Karakura High’s issues, which is rare when speaking to someone who is unaffected by the stresses of student life. She spoke of how rules weren’t as well enforced before the new wave swept through the school, how it is troubling to find staff when need be. It’s a breath of fresh air to find people who are both in power and not stuck in their own ways. Ms. K-Solas had enough courage to speak about it rather than let it sit on the back burner. And that is my favorite thing about these new teachers that Karakura High has plucked from the garden, they seem to understand what it’s like to be in our shoes. They haven’t quite yet forgotten what it’s like to struggle with the stress that a big school like ours brings to us. These new teachers are some of the best that this school has ever seen, and I do use that kind of talk lightly.

Have you been to any of the new teacher’s classes? If so, do you agree with me or disagree? Well, as of right now, the Journalism Club is looking for MANY new members. If you feel like putting your thoughts on paper for the entire school to see, feel free to put in an application! Make sure it is detailed and well written, you want to show us the best of you, right? Show us the you that you want to show to the school!

https://discord.gg/heDUGQXjrJ

Users who are viewing this thread