SCHOOL NEWS REPORT | To See And To Recognize

Opxxi

Level 4
Opxxi
Opxxi
Omega+
Recognize.jpg

[A Camera Would Flicker On To See Seana Lacrosse Resting Against A Tree Trunk]

"It’s strange, it really is. Schools try their hardest to watch and improve their student’s mental and physical health, offering guidance and hosting gym classes regularly. If I ran a school, that’s exactly how I’d do it too so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt. Anyways, today I’ll be speaking about mental and physical illness. I’m setting a trigger warning here and now for the people who wish to not read and watch this, as I will be covering sensitive topics for some people. "

[The Camera Would Simply Flicker Off, Sending The Viewer To A Word Document]

Too see and to recognize, mental disorders, disabilities. I’ve known and met a lot of people that are struggling with these, some people are fortunate enough to get help, medications and different types of therapy. Most people, specifically ages 16-22 are most likely going to experience a form of anxiety, some are more noticeable than others and some you can hide easily. There are many reasons that people around that age develop mental illnesses, when it comes to the people in karakura, the main one is PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.) PTSD can lead to a number of things, substance abuse, eating disorders, cognitive problems, emotional issues. . . etc. Any number of things can cause someone to have a form of PTSD, mild or not. It's still a thing, a thing that has to be dealt with rather than ignored and shoved aside. I myself am incredibly lucky, thanks to Victoria Garcia and Tony Hatake, my two best-friends who put up with me long enough to get me out of some awful situations, and my mother, Nichole Wakabayashi just for being there for the majority of my life. To that, you three have my condolences and respect even if you don’t see it that way.

When It comes to dealing and/or confronting your mental illness/disorder, coming from me it’s not easy in any way. A lot of people deny that they have what they have all together, people get stressed out and mad at themselves for having what they have, people get scared, terrified of what their friends or family will say so they either hide it or admit it. Some people think that they can hide it easily, and sometimes it works, but can you? Do you honestly think that it’s easy to hide that? There are ways to deal with these situations by yourself without informing anybody, but 99% of the time it’s better to consult somebody, a professional, a close friend or family member, even an adult that works at your school who you trust, telling someone is better then going through it alone no matter how terrified you are of speaking up, it's always better. I’ve tried doing it all alone, it didn’t end well. Now, after a long while and an assortment of professional help with the support of my friends everything for the most part got better, but it didn’t disappear entirely. Anything you’re diagnosed with mentally, never goes away, it lingers. You can be pronounced cured by your doctor, but it’s still always there in the back of your mind and there’s nothing that medicine or people can do to stop that.

What I'm saying is, to see these hard times, to spot somebody going through this could either be blatantly obvious depending on how well you know the person, or it can be like nothing has changed. It’s surprising how well certain people can hide their emotions for so long, going unnoticed, surprising and sad. We need to recognize how severe these problems are, how badly they’re affecting our society today, our small town that is barely a part of Japan is crumbling if you take a long, deep look at the people staying here. Living what I would call, someone's worst nightmare.

[Finally, At The Bottom Of The Page There'd Be A Linked Pre-Recorded Video Of Seana At The Same Spot From The Beginning.]

"I know I know, reading, it's not a fun thing. I'm a journalist and even I don't like to read a lot, but I had to get this out there. As an apology to some of my friends and to try and slap some sense into Karakura. I hope this helped at least a singular person, And to that, i say goodbye as I'll return next month with a more uplifting topic."

[The Video Came To An End.]

[Grade-12][18][Journalist] Seana N. Lacrosse
TotallyNotOpxxi
Opxxi
Ashy<3#9608

Users who are viewing this thread