mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

SCHOOL NEWS REPORT | Why Teach In Karakura?

ZaciZach

Level 27
zacizach
zacizach
Rich+
sch report header 1.jpg
Zacharie T. Edgeworth

Those who lived in Karakura for even a year would know how dangerous it can be due to the high crime rate from dangerous groups that are capable of causing harm to anyone. Not to mention scammers that prey on those unfamiliar with the streets, and innocent people getting mugged for their yen and belongings. Even if you stay away and live day by day without a single incident, they will still be there. In fact, I dare say that Karakura has the highest crime rate of all Japan.

So it begs the question, why are people still living in Karakura? What drives them to stay here everyday, knowing the dangers there are in the streets?

This question is enough to have heads itching for an answer. And honestly, with how broad the question is, I could be spending my remaining college years interviewing every single citizen of Karakura to know why they are living here. So I decided to focus on a certain group of people.

People that decided to not just stay in Karakura, but dedicate their lives to prepare young people like us poor souls how to live in day-to-day life with knowledge that is probably useless to us but nonetheless interesting to learn.

If you know what I’m talking about, you’ll know I’m referring to the academic teachers and professors in Karakura. Why do they decide to teach in Karakura?

I was fortunate enough to get into contact with Mr. Hiroshi J. Adelaide and Dr. Joutarou Kuujou, a teacher and a professor respectively in Karakura High School and College. These names may likely be familiar to both High School and College students alike. And if you don’t, well, in this report you’ll get to know them a little more. And perhaps go to their classes too.

The transcript below is the interview I conducted with both Mr. Hiroshi and Dr. Joutarou, who were present at the same time.

Color Code:
Zachare T. Edgeworth - Yellow
Joutarou Kuujou - Purple
Hiroshi J. Adelaide - Green

"So, can you introduce yourself? Name, age, occupation, stuff like that."

"Joutarou Kuujou, 28 and a professor at karakura. Specifically teaching Marine Biology."

"I'm Hiroshi James Adelaide... 31 years old and I've been working as a Performing Arts Teacher for a few semesters now."

"How long have you stayed in Karakura. .. and how long do you say have been teaching in Karakura? Like, time wise."

"Well.... I first moved here when I was 29 years old... So I've been staying here for a good two years and have been teaching in the local school for almost one year."

"Moved here at around the age of 20. Was a college student. Basically earning my degree, afterwards when I graduated, I just left town for the field of Marine Biology. Came back here to see if there's anything I can do and noticed that they needed a teacher for Science, and since Marine Biology is a part of that department. Decided to go for it, afterwards I left the highschool department as I wanted to get some rest, having been stressful. Decided to take a break from teaching. After a while I realized that there's a spot for a professor, so I gave it a shot. Asked my mother, father and even my brother for it. So that's how I ended up being your professor, Ms. Edgeworth."

"Thank you. For the next question, what was the reason for teaching in Karakura? Why not outside of Karakura or, well, any other school, really."

"Well, the reason why I never left town to teach from other schools is because this place reminded me of home. How I can be myself and since people rarely know marine biology. I decided to show the subject. Another thing is, this is the place where I got my PHD for Marine Biology."

"This was the hometown of me and my sister's mother. I knew that if I was going to start my career in teaching- it would be the same school she graduated from."

"Okay, final question. Why. . . do you continue to teach in Karakura despite the dangers?"

"Well, to be honest. I don't know. Maybe it's because it reminded me how me and my old friends were acting, especially around college. But, I think it's because once you make some memories into something that you and your friends used to be at. It will probably be with you until you die with it."

"It's the people. Karakura isn't the most ideal place to live in however... I have met one of the best people and have made family along the way. I have students to teach and care about. They all mean so much to me.. to leave this place would be practically giving up on them.. It's something I don't dare to do. Like what Mr. Kuujou said- once you make a memory here with people you care about... it's difficult to even phantom leaving"

"Thank you both so much for taking the time out of your day for the interview."

That is all for the interview. Now, Mr. Hiroshi and Dr. Joutarou are just two people with their own views and thoughts. There are a whole lot of reasons, and really one can not simply make a deduction based on the words from two people.

But it is still enough for us to understand that one teacher’s reason isn’t the same as the other. Some decided to teach in Karakura due to already having history as their student alumni. Another decided to teach because of a family being an alumni themselves. Or maybe because they simply want to and that Karakura offers free healthcare too.

Though, continuing to stay in Karakura because of its people, the memories we made that encourage us to walk forward into the unknown of the next day despite the dangers lurking in the city. Perhaps this reason extends to not just teachers, but to the many citizens living here as well. Just something to think about.

That is all for this school report. This is Zacharie T. Edgeworth and a new member of the Journalism Club. Make sure to drink water and take care, everyone.

Yushi

Level 11
sanriofangirl
sanriofangirl
Omega+
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IMSUPPOSED TPBE LISTENING IN CLASS BUT I LOVETHIS!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread