mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

School nurse suggestion | training

toranekos

Level 79
vbztr
vbztr
Rich+
IGN: ch1nchillas, RahGWagwanSlime [ My two accounts that would concern this issue, I suppose?]
DATE: 05/02/2021
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Give school nurses better training if they have any training at all. I do think that as of now, the school nurses don't have the appropriate training or information. I don't expect them to be fully trained EMS, of course, they are not, but I wish they received the appropriate training to be able to properly treat a headwound before the hospital worker arrived.
Adding on to my point, if no hospital worker is available, what comes next? They NEED to be able to know what to do with for example a head injury if no one is available to come and stop the bleeding properly.
I'm sure if it comes to it, people from the hospital such as aezw or myself could give them a bit of basic training and information, considering this is an underlying issue which I see often - yet to be addressed.
I'd like to add that nothing stops them from googling this or giving it a try. They could even ask any of the hospital staff if they were really stuck. Even as EMS, we don't always know it all and have to search for something. It's just the effort isn't being put in.
[IMAGES IF ANY] Not many, but on multiple occasions, I have seen people unsatisfied with school nurse work. I understand they are doing their best, and this is no fault of theirs, but it can by all means change.

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 233
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
+1

It does get annoying sometimes when Im called into the hospital to deal with something as simple as someone being unconscious, so I'd love for School Nurses to get a lil bit of training to at least be able to deal with things, like Tori said, just dealing with a head injury etc. before a hospital worker arrived.

Last edited:

qbigail

Level 77
+1
I've seen this for myself. A school nurse called 110 after a student had a fight, asking for medical treatment when there was literally nothing wrong with the child apart from some cuts and bruises, maybe a bit of a concussion. It's completely unrealistic for school nurses to be calling the emergency hotline for students. I have only seen it happen in real life once, and that was when a student suffered a major head trauma and was bleeding quite badly and was unresponsive. It really isn't that difficult to Google: "How to treat a concussion", or "What do you do when someone has fainted?". I think they should at least receive SOME training. This would make them more efficient and make it more realistic than EMS staff coming to a call about something as simple as a bump on the head. As well as this, I would like to bring up the unprofessionalism of the school nurses. They insult students and generally do not behave like an adult. I think that this is extremely immature, especially the way that some of them are behaving.

toranekos

Level 79
vbztr
vbztr
Rich+
+1
I've seen this for myself. A school nurse called 110 after a student had a fight, asking for medical treatment when there was literally nothing wrong with the child apart from some cuts and bruises, maybe a bit of a concussion. It's completely unrealistic for school nurses to be calling the emergency hotline for students. I have only seen it happen in real life once, and that was when a student suffered a major head trauma and was bleeding quite badly and was unresponsive. It really isn't that difficult to Google: "How to treat a concussion", or "What do you do when someone has fainted?". I think they should at least receive SOME training. This would make them more efficient and make it more realistic than EMS staff coming to a call about something as simple as a bump on the head. As well as this, I would like to bring up the unprofessionalism of the school nurses. They insult students and generally do not behave like an adult. I think that this is extremely immature, especially the way that some of them are behaving.

+1 to the unprofessionalism, too. I see absolutely no reason as to why the school nurse had to refer to my character multiple times as an 'Egirl' based on her appearance when she absolutely could've just called me a 'girl' or asked for my name the first time I found 'egirl' distasteful.

6Pancake

Level 233
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
+1

I had been called in for a head injury, and I was waiting for the /it, but whilst doing so, there was another patient on another bed (Ana's alt), and Tori (on her alt) had sat next to her, only to be told: "Egirl, off the bed." While the nurse wasn't in the wrong for telling Tori's alt to get off the bed, it was highly immature as you wouldn't see an adult going around and saying "Egirl" to students.

Luca

Level 68
Traccia
Traccia
Rich
+1
Nurses should be able to deal with injuries that are slightly worse than a headache. Something that involves more than giving the student a bandaid, and saying bye! In situations, a nurse should be able to deal with slightly higher mediocre injuries and situations. If they absolutely need the help then call 110, though they should be able to know what to do beforehand, and how to calm any injury, etc down before the EMS arrive.

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
+1
As a school nurse, We don't know how to handle a lot of situations. I'm trying my best but I feel like it's not enough and I think it will be a good idea if we will have training. in addition to what Abi said, we using Google a lot but while we doing it and starting to be AFK , the students can't RP and it bothers us and them. we can't do that. Regarding this case I assumed that the person needed stitches and as a school nurse I couldn't do that after I tried to stop the bleeding. That's why I called EMS and even spoke about that with Aezw. But I don't think it was needed to attack us in this way and if we doing something wrong you always can DM me or jimmyyy.
it was highly immature as you wouldn't see an adult going around and saying "Egirl" to students.
beyond that , I'm sorry for the unprofessional part and I will pay more attention in the future.

Last edited:

jeemay

Level 41
dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich
Alright, this is actually pretty funny because the person (ugoodshawty) is actually me. I simply thought that water in your lungs was something that's supposed to instantly kill you. This was a simple mistake from me. I guess I just didn't read enough about biology. Mark then replied with something like: Have you never heard of duhzcpinahvdedia?? so I just told him to finish what he was doing. This has NOTHING to do with us getting no training. In fact, we do get training in the form of a google document which is handed to us by the faction lead (I.E. KimiNoUso). It has everything you need to know about everything Nurse-related. I don't get how this is a suggestion in any way... This is literally you telling us to be better at what we do and grow up lol. Please understand that School Nurses are NOT the same as EMS and work in completely different environments making them completely unalike. I believe the way the School Nurse is run at the moment is perfectly fine and isn't in need of any changes. KimiNoUso already warns us about professionalism and if he sees anyone acting out of order, he'll 100% warn them or even result to demoting them.

tl;dr

Not needed, the faction is good as it is, -1

qbigail

Level 77
Alright, this is actually pretty funny because the person (ugoodshawty) is actually me. I simply thought that water in your lungs was something that's supposed to instantly kill you. This was a simple mistake from me. I guess I just didn't read enough about biology. Mark then replied with something like: Have you never heard of duhzcpinahvdedia?? so I just told him to finish what he was doing. This has NOTHING to do with us getting no training. In fact, we do get training in the form of a google document which is handed to us by the faction lead (I.E. KimiNoUso). It has everything you need to know about everything Nurse-related. I don't get how this is a suggestion in any way... This is literally you telling us to be better at what we do and grow up lol. Please understand that School Nurses are NOT the same as EMS and work in completely different environments making them completely unalike. I believe the way the School Nurse is run at the moment is perfectly fine and isn't in need of any changes. KimiNoUso already warns us about professionalism and if he sees anyone acting out of order, he'll 100% warn them or even result to demoting them.

tl;dr

Not needed, the faction is good as it is, -1
It's not necessarily about that incident. School nurses are calling 110 for something as simple as a concussion. If they're struggling and having to google things like @BadMay said, some training should be provided. This wasn't an attack at all. So, I'm sorry if you felt that way. We simply discussed this and made this suggestion for YOUR benefit! Like Tori said, they would be more than willing to help support you/train you!

jeemay

Level 41
dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich

Alright listen, I don't know why you all are so hurt about a nurse calling your alt an E-Girl but alright. First of all, we all know how to act like adults accordingly. We were given the job for a very good reason and I'm sure KimiNoUso is very good when it comes to picking who is suitable for the job. The nurse in question here is Annie Mondai who's character IS like that. She's literally the Head of the Department and if KimiNoUso finds any problem with her leadership, he'll make sure to pick someone else for the position, but as of now she has 0 warnings and is a pretty well-liked Nurse. Now, Secondly, in the google document that we're given, we're only taught how to deal with cuts and bruises and that's it. That's realistically what a school nurse deals with. What? Do you expect me to whoop out my surgical mask and begin performing surgery? NO LOL. We're asked to call YOU guys (The EMS) if any other problem happens, and if you find that annoying, then maybe the problem is in the EMS faction, not the Nurse one. Cause apparently, calling a student an e-girl as a joke is unprofessionalism but refusing to do your job is not lol. And I can assure you as someone who was formerly part of the EMS that we had our fair share of "unprofessionalism" moments on the job. Why? In real life, a job like this requires an easy, fun, friendly personality because normally someone would be scared of injuries or so, so being nice and sarcastic can help ease up the stress. THAT'S PART OF THE JOB. I still fail to understand what you guys are trying to bring to the table here. I just see this as you indirectly insulting us. If you have any problem, report it to KimiNoUso.

Pascal

Level 12
Alright listen, I don't know why you all are so hurt about a nurse calling your alt an E-Girl but alright. First of all, we all know how to act like adults accordingly. We were given the job for a very good reason and I'm sure KimiNoUso is very good when it comes to picking who is suitable for the job. The nurse in question here is Annie Mondai who's character IS like that. She's literally the Head of the Department and if KimiNoUso finds any problem with her leadership, he'll make sure to pick someone else for the position, but as of now she has 0 warnings and is a pretty well-liked Nurse. Now, Secondly, in the google document that we're given, we're only taught how to deal with cuts and bruises and that's it. That's realistically what a school nurse deals with. What? Do you expect me to whoop out my surgical mask and begin performing surgery? NO LOL. We're asked to call YOU guys (The EMS) if any other problem happens, and if you find that annoying, then maybe the problem is in the EMS faction, not the Nurse one. Cause apparently, calling a student an e-girl as a joke is unprofessionalism but refusing to do your job is not lol. And I can assure you as someone who was formerly part of the EMS that we had our fair share of "unprofessionalism" moments on the job. Why? In real life, a job like this requires an easy, fun, friendly personality because normally someone would be scared of injuries or so, so being nice and sarcastic can help ease up the stress. THAT'S PART OF THE JOB. I still fail to understand what you guys are trying to bring to the table here. I just see this as you indirectly insulting us. If you have any problem, report it to KimiNoUso.

It's not the fact anyone is hurt, but its simply idiotic and immature for a member of school faculty to call somebody Egirl. I've had my fair share of seeing the school nurses do a questionable job and with the immaturity along with it, it's a complete mess

To the suggestion, +1

crea

Level 14
+1
Even if its basic first aid or something!! i think it really needs to be added to not only benefit the RP itself but for the role's to have knowledge of the job in which they are doing, or possible GAIN more knowledge which is always a good thing, ya know!

atoki

Level 123
atoki
atoki
Notable+
This is more of a way in a response to Jimmy

This is just a suggestion, in no way is this mean to be a snipe or to be insulting. This is literally a suggestion on how they should have training because they've probably had experiences in the past where they've been unhappy about how it was handled. They're just trying to put their view on it with no means to anger anyone.

If anything, this is actually a good idea. In reality, if you'd like to take it like that, I wouldn't think somebody would hire a nurse, throw a book at them and expect them to deal with everything on their own without at least a little bit of training.

So, +1 on this suggestion

qbigail

Level 77
As I said, this isn't an attack so please don't take it to heart. I don't think you're understanding the point of the suggestion. We're asking for you guys to possibly get more training, again for YOUR BENEFIT. We have never refused to do our jobs, so I do not know where you have got that information from. We simply would like to give you more roleplay opportunities. It isn't part of the job to insult students. This character insulted numerous other characters, to the point where it really isn't acceptable to do so. We never insulted you. All we are trying to do is give you more roleplay opportunities. I think you are blowing this completely out of context and making this into an argument when it really doesn't need to be. All I am asking you to do is understand that we are not attacking you in anyway. We simply made this to help you. The unprofessionalism mention is on my behalf, so I apologise for that. It was added when I made my initial response. So, I apologise if I have offended you in anyway as that was not my intentions. Have a nice day!

jeemay

Level 41
dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich
I'm just trying to state my points here but you guys are refusing to listen and are dodging all the points I made. You even deleted my question in the #help channel when I asked to discuss this outside the forums lol.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
I know that I myself have not worked in EMS / School nurse, but I’d still like to state my point of view regarding this

First off, I completely agree about the point of giving some sort of knowledge to School Nurses. Although, realistically, they shouldn’t usually know more than EMS, this doesn’t prevent them from being able to know first-aid techniques. Believe it or not, what one is able to do with first-aid kits is miracolously impressing. From stopping a bleeding, to cure severe pain, one can «easily» help the student get the necessary help. Realistically, one would not call EMS for most things, unless the damage is really severe, such as in cases of bones having been broken, or a major bleeding, which might cause the patient’s death.
Nobody would get any harm out of this, as it is something that’s mainly directed to those who may not be sure about what to do in certain situations. As a KPD officer, I have had to deal with multiple injured people, and I was able to do this thanks to the help of many fellow officers and EMS workers who have helped me, allowing me to do detailed /me actions to help them, despite not having ICly studied medicine at all. Having said that, I believe that a message with some of the most usual situations in the life of a school nurse should be displayed, alongside instructions for them to use in order to be able to cure, or at least help them with whatever injury they have had.

Secondly, regarding the point of professionalism, I do certainly know how it feels. I have been a school employee/teacher for a total of 4 times, and, in all of them, I have needed to keep professionalism at all times. For example, the two first times I was a private tutor, I have had to deal with students who were willing to learn in a closer way than a teacher would do with their class. This, however, did not mean that I could talk to them as if they were a friend of mine. Instead, I would of course talk to them with words that would be easier to understand, but I always had in mind the fact that I needed to be professional, even when I wasn’t in school grounds. I get the fact that it might be boring and exhausting, but you need to understand that being unprofessional sometimes weirds people out, since you’re displaying a childish behaviour on a 25+ year old character

atoki

Level 123
atoki
atoki
Notable+
I'm just trying to state my points here but you guys are refusing to listen and are dodging all the points I made. You even deleted my question in the #help channel when I asked to discuss this outside the forums lol.

that was Luke, and it was removed because it was unrelating to any questions about the KPD or EMS.

toranekos

Level 79
vbztr
vbztr
Rich+
We're not dodging any of your points. I think you're misunderstanding dodging and explaining. The point is, the faction isn't as good as it COULD be. It's important to understand that improvement is good. Whilst you guys may receive training, it still doesn't make up for the fact we get unnecessary calls at times for something as simple as a sc****, etc. Whilst I fully believe you are ALL capable of roleplaying maturely and as adults, it would not make sense for a fully grown responsible adult during a SERIOUS situation where someone's life is at risk - considering the time this had happened, someone hit their head - to be calling a student an EGirl. It's not a big deal, but it still happened. My issue with this and my cause for this suggestion was the result of continuous issues with the nurses that not only myself but also other players have witnessed. This is not a direct attack on any of you, I'm not insulting you as a person, I'm not insulting the work you do - I am stating that this could improve, if anything, this can be an opportunity for you all to advance. If you have a problem with anything I have said - feel free to complain in my DMs, and not publicly toward everyone. Mimbu#0024

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed

Thank you for your feedback, your suggestion for School Nurse training will be implemented.

- The situation above was handled yesterday by myself and a member of the hospital faction, though [School-Nurse] is a part of the School Employee faction and they aren't expected to know every procedure due to this fact; the role realistically should only be there to provide 'first-aid' during school hours, nothing more. Please also remember School Nurse and Hospital Staff are very different roles, one role can heal whilst the other can only patch up. Though of course, major physical injuries such as: broken bones, deep cuts, major burns, abrasions, etc. cannot be treated by a School Nurse and would require emergency services present.

- Professionalism within the school faculty factions is taken very seriously, all players roleplaying as; teachers, professors or school employees are effectively roleplaying adult characters with demanding jobs and are expected to act appropriately whilst in front of students and other members of school staff. If you come across this issue again, DM me @KimiNoUso#9999.

- As for training, the idea is already in the making and was discussed late last month with the current hospital director, however I'll check on that. Any concerns, questions or reports for the School Nurses should be forwarded to myself or another member of SLT so that we can appropriately handle the situation.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread