mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

School Suggestion

ben ohashi

Level 1
IGN: StarKitSuny
DATE: 11/12/22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
To make detention more fun, when you get detention all you do is do some worksheet and then you can leave, but what if detention could be cleaning aswell, so when the school is somehow a mess or needs cleaning, people that receive detention will get a broomstick to start cleaning, so detention could be more fun.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
it would be realistic because students get to clean as their detention work in some highschools.

Ruin

Level 103
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
hey i like this suggestion it makes me wanna get detention and roleplay cleaning up the school

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
+1/-1

+1: I agree, the detention is very boring. I think it'd be more interesting (and encourage more players to not skip it) if there were more tasks. Plus, true, some schools do that but again, as Cloud said once before, embrace believability and not realism.

-1: On the contrary, detention is meant to be boring. Literally. The detention at my school literally has kids sit there for:

- During the whole school day doing schoolwork

- After the school day, doing nothing but sit around (and you can't leave till it passes a certain time)

and if you've done something really bad,

- Come to school on the weekends to do work that isn't even part of the school curriculum

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
We were actually just told what other types of punishments we can give students besides detention/during detention. As long as we don’t physically interact with you guys then it’s fine. So yes you will be cleaning my toilet :]

sn1

Level 13
Neutral, leaning on -1

Although it would be more realistic, similar to what Nylu said, its about believability not realism.
While it would make detentions more fun, it could encourage people to purposefully get detentions. Also detentions are made to be boring, detentions at my school make people sit in a completely isolated room, watch documentaries that are hours long and take notes all day.
Even though this would be a good idea in different aspects to the game, not for detentions

imgayforwomen

Level 110
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
+1/-1
I've thought about this when I was a councillor and did actually do something similar to it once, where I forced a student to do push-ups for not completing their task and claiming to be a god (and i mean... like a lot of push-ups) It definitely made the roleplay itself more fun, but realistically the student would've been going through hell. SRP is supposed to be fun, detention isn't, which is what makes this a good idea. But having students clean makes no sense since detention is supposed to be a pain in your ass and cleaning would just allow them to play with trash, and believe my IRL experience, kids really know how to do that. People that aren't big on roleplay as well won't really be able to do this because DetailRP could be harder for them to do compared to experienced players.

Frankie!

Level 26
Frankaphone
Frankaphone
Omega
IGN: StarKitSuny
DATE: 11/12/22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: To make detention more fun, when you get detention all you do is do some worksheet and then you can leave, but what if detention could be cleaning aswell, so when the school is somehow a mess or needs cleaning, people that receive detention will get a broomstick to start cleaning, so detention could be more fun.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: it would be realistic because students get to clean as their detention work in some highschools.
As @HighlightedTwin just said, yesterday we were just informed that we are allowed to do this, at least if the students behavior continues like this for a while.

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
my name has been mentioned in this thread, and as a councilor i feel like i should pitch in.

+1. I don't disagree with Nylu at all, detention is meant to be boring.... FOR THE CHARACTERS!!!!!! I've found that detention has a lot of repeating faces, it's the same group of like ~8 players who have very violent characters. Between you and me, I'm sure they've gotten bored of the three written tasks we have. As the person giving and attending detentions, I think it'd be great to have them do weird miscellaneous tasks like cleaning the culinary classroom.

There are plenty of ideas that I have like "make the detention students go around and do a cringy PSA on why violence is bad. The problem is, trolling and losing the player you're meant to be making do something. I think the more creative detention tasks will end up being restricted to teams because it's easier to keep track of them and moooost of the time they want to actually rp.

Infi

Level 131
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Detention on SRP is like getting sued. You don't want it to happen. Detention isn't designed to be "fun", it's designed to help you learn your lesson and avoid detention as much as possible. Realistically no one would want to sit in detention. Making detention more fun would make players want to do bad things inside the school in order to get themselves detention because its "fun". SLT will end up suspending/expelling more students simply because they think it's fun. To conclude, detention is a punishment, not an afterschool club.

pitapet

Level 109
pitapet
pitapet
Rich+
+1 why do none of u guys like fun. its minecraft not irl detention at ur local High school if i get detention in minecraft i am not gonna want to stare at a blocky wall that is boring and i will Grow hatred towards the server but maybe making the server fun and not boring would make it more popular so +1 this

Infi

Level 131
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
(It’s not fun to prevent people from wanting to go to detention, why would any character want to go to detention)

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
+1 why do none of u guys like fun. its minecraft not irl detention at ur local High school if i get detention in minecraft i am not gonna want to stare at a blocky wall that is boring and i will Grow hatred towards the server but maybe making the server fun and not boring would make it more popular so +1 this
BRO FOR REAL. There's so much feedback like this and people disagree like its roleplay, man!! It's suppose to be fun!!!! Why do I oocly have to be punished for my characters actions!! plus if people are PURPOSELY doing things to JUST get into detention, I'm pretty sure that's against rules as it counts as baiting like

make roleplay fun it isn't that serious

Lizalopod

Level 130
This and
BRO FOR REAL. There's so much feedback like this and people disagree like its roleplay, man!! It's suppose to be fun!!!! Why do I oocly have to be punished for my characters actions!! plus if people are PURPOSELY doing things to JUST get into detention, I'm pretty sure that's against rules as it counts as baiting like

make roleplay fun it isn't that serious
This

RP isnt meant to be a constant argument, like why would u get on consistently to do boring stuff...

The task system desperately needs an update, we've had the same 3 ones for yeeeaaars

More interactive stuff will always be welcome, I encourage school staff and council to find more ways to make it interactive tbh.
+1

P.S (getting in trouble on purpose is called detention baiting, and it's already a punishable offense)

BlossomRp

Level 5
BlossomRp
BlossomRp
Fundraiser+
+1/-1

As a school nurse, I have noticed how detention can be seen as boring, though as Cloud and several councilors have stated above, this is already a thing. Though, it's not used most of the time due to the fact that's stated above by Rini. Doing a simple task and leaving is so the player themselves isn't restricted to a boring section of roleplay for their ic actions. Detention is an icly punishment for your characters, so they learn there are consequences to their actions- what I don't believe above is saying to change up detention for oocly means. There is nothing wrong with the current way detention is set up besides the possibility of adding new tasks due to the same three tasks being there for almost three years, but, if you believe it's boring enough to switch up the rules and ways of roleplay then don't get detention.

Users who are viewing this thread