Sithness

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
I do have a discord, its Sith#4673

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes, I do.

How old are you? (Optional):
I am 18 years old.

What is your time zone?:
My time zone is EST (Eastern Standard Time).

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I'm well aware, but I plan on staying as active as I can.

Describe your activity on the server:
I'm able to be on multiple times a week, primarily on weekends and Fridays.

Do you have any previous bans?:
No, I haven't had any bans or kicks during my time on SRP.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/siths-english-teacher-application.37621/ https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-application-2.36086/ https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-app.38755/ https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-application.38960/ https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-application.38752/ https://schoolrp.net/threads/siths-teacher-application.37512/ https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-application.36029/ https://schoolrp.net/threads/german-application.49022/ https://schoolrp.net/threads/german-application-2.49060/

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
Currently an adult on my main account (Sithness) and grade-12 on my alt account (Sithpai).

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
I plan on teaching in the science department, my hope is to teach about animal studies, similar to biology but solely focusing on the study of animals rather than all life forms.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
I did enjoy being a teacher before I took a long break from SRP, after coming back to the server, I've been having a lot of fun again and hope to take up teaching once more since it was something I always had a blast doing, the good would always outweigh the bad! But even before already being a teacher my motivation was to try something new on the server and become another option for people who wanted to attend classes since I often don't see a whole lot of teachers on who host class. I also find that having teachers just adds another layer of immersion to SRP which I find to be amazing since this server can be very immersive and fun.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes, I do. And honestly I am excited to see the training for being a teacher since I can't remember if I was actually trained when I was a teacher before.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
To keep track of how often a teacher hosts classes to help staff know who is active, and it also helps the teacher to get paid, since an unlogged class doesn't go towards a teachers pay.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
No masks, no drinking, no being out of your seat, no yelling at the teacher or other students and in general just no interruptions or immature behavior.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I've roleplayed for nearly five years, mainly in a fantasy setting, but I've played on SRP for two years now, gaining lots of experience with the server during the pandemic.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of department.
↳ Description:
A teacher who is head of a department oversees the other teachers in this department, departments being the subjects such as English, science, PE, etc. An HD is also in charge of deciding the direction in which the classes take their courses in and helps to monitor and train other teachers.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified teacher.
↳ Description:
A qualified teacher is a teacher who has already undergone training to no longer be considered an unqualified teacher. These teachers work under the head of their department and of course host classes based on what subject they teach.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly qualified teacher.
↳ Description:
A newly qualified teacher is a teacher who has already underwent the training to be able to begin teaching, but is still new and inexperienced. These teachers like the qualified teachers work under their department head in whatever subject they teach, and are watched so higher ups can decide when they are ready to be considered a qualified teacher.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified teacher.
↳ Description:
An unqualified teacher is a teacher who has very recently been hired and is now undergoing training to be able to host classes on their own. These teachers aren't yet able to host classes since they still need trained. Once this training is complete, they will be upgraded to a newly qualified teacher, and from there can become a qualified teacher and possibly head of department if at all possible.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
The average salary that teachers get in real life is $67,340 as of 2020 in the US, while in Japan the average salary for a teacher is 1.3 to 12 million yen. In game, teachers receive 350,000 yen per month, and can make an extra 50,000 yen by completing an extra five classes in that same month. There are lots of different ways for teachers to teach both in game and in real life. Some of these methods are just simple lectures with the use of a projector, or even solely relying on verbal communication for the students to take notes from. Other methods are more hands on, particularly in art classes where students are able to use their hands to create things with the teachers instructions, or if it is digital art the students will use a computer to create while following the teachers instructions. In their spare time, teachers are of course like any other person both in game and in real life and can enjoy their spare time with friends and/or family, and can also enjoy their spare time by doing things they like on their own. Even in their spare time teachers may prefer to work on lesson plans for their classes as well, usually if they didn't get to finish planning while the school day was going on.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers are important to the SchoolRP server because they help to add more immersion to the school atmosphere of Karakura. Without teachers, there'd be no classes and less order around school, leading to an increase in unruly students and lack of immersion when it comes to the actual school experience.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The lesson planning system in SchoolRP seems to be pretty similar to the planning systems in real life. This being the teachers have a period dedicated to planning (planning period) and they are also able to make lesson plans outside of school if needed. Another out of game example of lesson planning is in-service days that schools in real life practice, these days give teachers time to organize their lessons and plan new lessons and activities for their students.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Scenarios

/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: Nikola would approach the group, first getting their attention before telling them to quiet down and tone down the swearing. If they refuse to listen, she'd first give a detention warning, and then dish out detentions to anyone who still refused to listen to her.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Nikola would first attempt to call out to everyone in order to get them to quiet down and listen. If this doesn't work, she'd begin giving detention warnings, and from here would give detentions to any students who remain very unruly.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Nikola is perfectly fine being alone in the lounge if no one else is around, but if there are fellow teachers and/or faculty, she'd try and make conversation via commenting on their attire or bringing up useless facts about animals which she finds all too amazing.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
Nikola would sit down behind her desk as she waiting for her class to get settled in, silently counting the number of students that she'd be having today. Once all the students were sitting down, she'd stand up and give a warm and excited smile to her class, "Welcome, all! Hope you've brought notebooks, todays going to be a note taking day!" She'd grin a little, knowing the students would be disappointed in this, but would have hope that her lesson would manage to excite them into listening well.

/me
As the students take the quiz, Nikola walks among the seats, her hands in her pockets as she makes sure that no one is cheating or talking to one another during this time.

/me
Nikola comes to a stop at one of the desks, looking over the answers her student had put down. She then lifts her head and calls out to the class, "Make sure you read the questions carefully, guys!" After speaking, she makes her way over to a student with their hand raised.

/me
Nikola comes jogging to the group congregating by the receptionist desk, having heard the commotion from nearby, "Alright, alright, alright! What's going on here?" She raises a brow as she looks among the rowdy students, recognizing some as trouble makers she's dealt with before.

Backstory

Nikola was born in Germany as the product of an affair her mother had with another man. This lead to her mother being divorced which caused Nikola and her mother to be on their own. For the first seven years of her life, Nikola lived in a homeless shelter with her mom who had become abusive towards her. Since Nikola grew up a loner, having been bullied for her filthy appearance, she began to develop a love for animals, often digging around to try and find bugs and small animals. Shortly after turning seven, Nikola came home to the news that her mother had passed away via overdose. Now alone, the shelter works attempted to get in contact with her biological father, but to no such luck so she was adopted by the man her mother was once married to. While never abused, Nikola wasn't spoken to much by her adoptive father, but as time went on, he began to develop a soft spot for her, but did continue to remain somewhat distant. As the years went by, her adoptive father got married again, which luckily caused Nikola to have a new supportive mother figure in her life. Once she graduated high school, she made plans to get into college, sadly though, as the college year started, her adoptive father passed away due to a terminal illness. Despite this, Nikola continued to do her schooling, wanting to make the family she had left proud of her. When she finally graduated college, she spent the next few years taking some small teaching jobs here and there, before eventually planning to make a huge move to Karakura Japan to become a teacher. Before moving, she took courses to learn to speak Japanese, also learning to speak JSL as she figured this would be very helpful as a teacher. After finally feeling as though she was fluent enough, she finally took the journey over to Japan, saying her good byes at the airport before beginning her new life.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Nikola Frankenstein
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss
Given Name(s):
Nikola
Preferred Name:
Nikola or Nik

Age (Minimum is 27):
Religious Denomination:
Agnostic