ScoringWynter
ScoringWynter
Notable
IGN (In-Game Name):
ScoringWynter

Discord Name & Tag:
ComradeWinterz#7350

Previous bans:
An old ban, late-2016 | pre-2017 for Glitching. WiffyBanter was the banning admin, after that scenario, my history has been clean.

Describe your activity on the server:
I've returned to the server that I once left before. I'm fairly online, I have a lot of free-time on my hands that I'm looking to fill in. I'm a veteran player, I remember the days of Takashima. Within the last two weeks, I've been active for hours on end. I can be on when requested if time permits and on the weekends. Throughout the week days, I am most available Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. I'm a college student and work a job, so I be on when I can.
1675469250854.png

Which timezone are you in?
Eastern Standard Time.

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
KPD - Police Application | Accepted
KPD - Police Application | Denied
History Teacher - Teacher Application | Accepted
English Teacher - Teacher Application | Accepted
History Teacher - Teacher Application | Accepted
History Teacher - Teacher Application | Denied
Multiple Personality Disorder - Character Auth. | Accepted
Spanish - Language Application | Accepted
French - Language Application | Accepted
German - Language Application | Accepted
Dutch - Language Application | Accepted
Korean - Language Application | Accepted

What is your motivation for applying?:
After returning to this community, I've realized that I have more work to do. I want to meet more people and get introduced to the new wave of community players. I'm eager to take these challenges head-on for a positive path. After interacting with the current players, and speaking with personal friends, I've concluded that I'm ready to start giving back to the community that dearly provided me with a great memory. I was randomly approached yesterday, and asked, was this you? - a screenshot from years ago with my educator job. It's the little stuff in this community that provides me with nostalgic memories and I truly want to start on the right path. I feel as if I were accepted, I would be able to stimulate others to create unique roleplays. In all truth, I don't want this position to benefit me solely as I plan to help others achieve their path in School Roleplay. I still retain much of the knowledge beforehand even memories! I miss the zing that I used to get in the matter of roleplay, the urge to help others. I want to advance in this faction, as previous factors limited me such as time restraint before. Now, I have an excessive amount of time on my hands. I want to change the way people think about the Karakura Police Department, and get them something hyped about. I plan to stay for the better and possibly reintroduce the famed assault team to the Police Department. I want to give the Department more purpose and give criminals something to fear about. I want to get them to fear-roleplay the loss of the weaponry at a high extreme - the possibility of a raid being conducted wherever with due information supporting it.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
I have comprehended that Law Enforcement is to "Serve & Protect." They are role models in the community, police are responsible for maintaining public order and safety. To be in community roles is more than "arresting" or "detaining", it's about rehabilitation for individuals to become positive citizens. While being a Police Officer, you take an obligation and oath to put the people first instead of your interests. Police work takes critical thinking to make innovative solutions, effective problem-solving skills, and most importantly the dedication to uphold public safety. They are the ones to work with criminals to provide citizens with a better community. As I was a previous Police Officer within the Faction, I am still update-to-date with the current code of ethics that the Karakura Police Department enforces, I make sure that I stay in the loop. The ranking system has changed minorly in the time-stamp of when I left, so I am still pretty familiar with the structure. Additionally, I know that Police work takes bravery. When it calls for it in the situation, interrogations are viable. The intent behind this is to get information out of a situation, or possible leads from a known fugitive or suspect and even bystanders to get the full picture/story. Property Raids are uncommon but not extinct, it takes a tactical plan to execute a raid. You must know what you're looking for, ensuring that you're at the correct property location and have a valid reason to commit a raid. Detectives still play a big role to today date, they investigate the motive of a crime. They look for clues in an area that is retrievable, commit to interrogations to receive viable evidence, and gather in an anonymous or neutral state. Additionally, I know how a manhunt works. The player must stay on for at least an hour to give viable time for Law Enforcement to use the acquired evidence or cameras to find the person of interest. I still retain the arrest system, it's mostly back to 2020. You take a mugshot of the person and get their name and bail amount for the listed charges.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
Law Enforcement is responsible for maintaining public order and upholding community safety. They are the ones to enforce the law, investigate crimes, and most importantly take in violent criminals that are listed as a public danger. Police Officers play numerous amount of roles within School Roleplay but most importantly they're there to be community role models. Additionally, they allow players to further enhance their roleplay actions in criminal roleplay, e.g. adding the fear factor of being caught and arrested. Not only do police affect criminal roleplay, but they also provide additional roleplay through the court systems. They allow citizens to take their criminal claims against them to trial. In my time of being a Police Officer on SchoolRP, I was on the Special Assault Team [SAT] (2019-2020). I am returning to uphold the sense of justice and ensure that other players around me while being a Police Officer, are seeing suitable and comfortable roleplay that fits the description of a Police Officer. Additionally, the Police Department may make a raid with probable cause or a warrant being served. Trained professionals would enter a property for search or seizure, most of the time, it was a property raid that would result in an arrest but with due cause. Police serve as the protectors of the city, without Law Enforcement presence gang influence would skyrocket and kill-roleplay would be at an all-time high. Police allow DetailRP to continue serving in a neutral, unbiased state. They uphold the fear roleplay aspect as no one would like to lose a character - uniquely I find that Detectives serve more than where they're expected to. They go the extra mile to find the motive of a crime, inspecting every corner that they can look at.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
I acknowledge the responsibility that I must take.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

Stijin Van Santen

Character's age (if accepted):
28 years of age

Character's gender & pronouns:
Male & He/Him

Character's Academic Background:
Grade 12, Bachelors in Communication Systems.
Currently working in online-college for a Masters Degree in Communication Systems.

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
Dutch & Spanish

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
Stijin Van Santen stands tall with his shoulders high. He is a smooth-skinned individual who enjoys jazz, the thriller of music. Van Santen uniqueness is his ability to care for others, as he prioritizes others' interests instead of himself. Santen is an influential person, in which his speaking is proper and traditional. He's bold and fair when it comes to accountability. For himself, he holds himself beyond the norm of society. Stijin is a dutch-immigrant who migrated to Karakura, Japan when his mother was in search of better, futuristic education opportunities. He enjoys reading as it provides a thrilling satisfaction towards his education plans.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
Van Santen maintains a professional statute of tone. He holds himself morally accountable in no less of a situation. He stands with chivalry, as he was raised by his mother. Van Santen tends not to argue, but listen to the other side's opinion and think about it, putting himself in their shoes and seeing the outcome of a situation. His shoulders are flowing with might, as he once was taught to never lower his shoulders as they represent depression.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
Santen holds a respectful image of co-workers and recognizes who pushes the extra weight around. He creates a bond with his peers, getting to know them in the hardest of manner, even if it takes a year, he will prevail to become a friend. He is a counselor, listening to the claims of one and giving respectful opinions and the other. He often helps his teammates, and no teammate is left behind on their work. Van Santen sees his teammates as family, and once taught by his Dutch mother, he was always told to help his family and friends. He stands with the weak, growing them into strong, passion-able characters from themselves while improving on his behalf.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
At times, I see myself as both. To be a leader is to take charge, but to take charge in an appropriate manner. While it is better to consider yourself a "leader", in certain situations whether it be life or death, it is okay to be a follower. Karakura Police Leadership is trained to take the initiative and for Officers to follow orders. In time, Van Santen will be the one to distribute the orders at hand.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)
Stijin Van Santen was born in the Netherlands. He aged quickly, however, his father Levi Santen was quickly killed in a gang dispute. Therefore, it rendered Stijin Van Santen without a father. Times were hard in the Netherlands, with no work to find or money to rummage together. After living such a poor life, his mother raised enough funds to move to Karakura, Japan for a better opportunity. Van Santen had a hard time in the school sector, finding himself to be out of place with the norm of society. Santen had so much regret in the situation, wishing he could do something better. Late at night, he got into trouble with his History Teacher, Mark Campbell. He deliberately stole a prized item of interest, it'd had to have been a watch. Knowing he would get caught, he did the trouble of turning himself into the owner. That day, something changed. Mark wasn't mad, he wasn't upset. He set a lifepath for Stijin, to work for the better. Every day after, he would hold Stijin after class to teach him important life lessons. But one day; he had that life-changing call to arms. His mother, Daisy Rose Santen, passed away from a mugging gone wrong in the streets of Karakura. He held so much guilt, to think he was the one who created this path of determination for him, but he rose to chivalry. Every day, he reflected on what he could have done better, thinking - rashing, and most importantly, being there for his loved ones. He started a new life for himself, investing in educational opportunities and leaving petty theft alone. He studied Spanish as an international language to better understand the community. He swore an oath to defeat crime in the beloved city of Karakura in memory of his mother.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

No, you cannot legally own a pocket knife in Karakura. An item like this is considered as possession of minor weaponry and could face a harsh penalty at the given time depending on the classification of the item and the purpose of owning one.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
Bandages - Cough Syrup - Reading Glasses - Lactulose - Paracetamol

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
I would take immediate action, turning on a bodycam to ensure there is physical evidence and then ensuring that fellow officers would stop such vile actions. After, I would ensure the inmate is okay with no due injuries. However, if I would to find one, I will seek medical attention right there and then. After, I would report the incident to a higher-ranking official, a direct supervisor, to let them handle the accountability side of actions. Depending on the rank of the officer at the time, most likely a command position, I would gather sufficient evidence in due regard to the current situation to file a case against them with the Legal System.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
If I know that I'm outnumbered - I would call for immediate backup and ensure that my co-worker has no life-threatening injuries and/or fatal injuries that could cause death. However, if the situation would arise that it was one suspect, I would take whatever chance I have to defeat the known suspect, using a tazer or other provided equipment to disarm the criminal. Then ensuring the officer is in good health with no injuries. I would seek medical attention if it were needed and/or requested.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
I will gather sufficient evidence against the co-worker, but not ensure that I'm putting myself in harm's way. After, I will bring it to a direct supervisor and Detectives to handle the case and further investigations against the Officer. I'd be swift in my actions, ensuring my haste would land that officer in jail the right way, the legal way. I would actively work with the Detectives in providing them everything I know about the officer so they have a background and could pinpoint any standings with illegal motives.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
I would stay truthful to the oath I took to become an officer. I would charge the suspect with Bribery at the time. An officer is to never be seduced by an unprofessional reward at the hands of a criminal. "You think you're smart with your lucrative reward, but I stand with justice, criminal."

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
ACCEPTED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to give you a chance at becoming part of our faction!​

WHAT NOW?
-
In order to proceed, you will need to join the discord server that house
the faction you have applied for. To find it, go to the SchoolRP discord
server (CLICK HERE) and search for our discord server!

- We will also need you to be online to receive your introductions and
the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as part of the faction!​

ADDITIONAL NOTES
If you need further assistance, you can privately message
me (Yonio#5112) or any other available Admin+ via Discord
so that we can solve any other inquiries you may have

Users who are viewing this thread