Second Wind Roll Suggestion

Nova

Level 36
IGN:
FastBluHedgehog
DATE:
04/22/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
A simple, fun, combat idea where your character gets a second fighting chance after being knocked out.

1682177709219.png
1682177761247.png

1682177753503.png
1682177835701.png

NOTES:
- Player must not be bleeding out.
- Player must defeat a roll 20 against all opponents.
- Player must not be suffering life threatening injuries.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

Most minor fights seem to go really short and unrealistically, and most of the time they turn out super lame. At first this may seem like a lame little 20 roll, but who knows? Maybe this might also be a turning point that could really make roleplay interesting. This may even balance things out in unfair situations where you're 3v1'd or so.

Ruin

Level 105
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
unfair situations where you're 3v1'd
You snooze, You lose.
If you get caught lacking, thats a personal issue.

I dont see the point of this, if you think fights are short and unrealistic, give p2l a try, if you dont like people you roleplay with, simply dont.
this honestly feels like a thing to complicate more and since theres already enough rules that if you put them all together you could reach the moon, theres no need for more rules and more things to add, simply just roleplay with who you think will roleplay how you want and boom, theres no need for a new system or whatever just because certain someone feels like it.

Nova

Level 36
You snooze, You lose.
If you get caught lacking, thats a personal issue.

I dont see the point of this, if you think fights are short and unrealistic, give p2l a try, if you dont like people you roleplay with, simply dont.
this honestly feels like a thing to complicate more and since theres already enough rules that if you put them all together you could reach the moon, theres no need for more rules and more things to add, simply just roleplay with who you think will roleplay how you want and boom, theres no need for a new system or whatever just because certain someone feels like it.
Calling it a system and giving it that kind of attitude is the kind of attitude that repels new players from the server merely from how toxic things get. Any familiar roleplayer I try to introduce the server to will always have some kind of interaction with fighting that will make the outlook incredibly sour, and I think avoiding that sour outlook by introducing simple features is important.

This isn’t a “system”. It doesn’t necessarily need to be a system.

But it should be a way for people to roleplay a certain part of roleplay instead of having to “just P2L” simply because what we have right now is “short and unrealistic”. Just having to P2L on both sides (unless its narratively driven and perfect) limits the genuineness and makes it stressful when you end up getting involved anyway. There have been plenty of FightRP moments that I never wanted to be apart of, but at times, you’re really forced in it. Not everyone is going to be willing OOCly to just P2L or anything like that. This is a public server where plenty take it competitively.

This is just a little roll and a little action for funsies. You don’t *NEED* to do a second wind. If you believe your character stays down, then they stay down.

But say you want to at least have some kind of chance to get up? You’re always at a high level until you’re not. At that point guess it is “snooze you lose”

Last edited:

Ruin

Level 105
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
Calling it a system and giving it that kind of attitude is the kind of attitude that repels new players from the server merely from how toxic things get. This is just a little roll and a little action for funsies. It is no different than making an action to stab someone in the arm. “If you don’t want them to get back up again you make sure they don’t get back up.” that type of deal
I dont think its a great idea honestly

Nova

Level 36
I dont think its a great idea honestly
And that’s ok. That’s your opinion. There are plenty of ideas on the server that aren’t quite the best either, of course it will go both ways, anyone could absolutely use this to their benefit, and that’s the point. Anyone can just as long as they meet the minimum.

Me and my friends have played around with this idea through plenty of fights with our characters. Those outcomes of course, some came out disappointing, and some of them came out surprising, exhilarating even. It changes combat. Maybe it’s not necessarily the realism that matters, plenty of SRP is already unrealistic as it is, but there’s something special when you can get back up again and somehow turn the tables.
It’s the big picture.

Last edited:

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Most minor fights seem to go really short and unrealistically, and most of the time they turn out super lame. At first this may seem like a lame little 20 roll, but who knows?
All this would do is make these lame fights last a little bit longer, but only sometimes. If you don't want to participate in boring combat, don't engage with boring people.

While I do think combat is long overdue for a good rework, this isn't something that should be implemented since it doesn't serve to solve any of the actual issues regarding combat roleplay.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
If something like was possible, it’d need HUGES nerfs. I personally don’t think this is necessary, but in the case some do think it is,

- Needs a nerf toward the one knocked out originally. If you stand back up, you most likely roll higher and instead of having 3 KO points, you are reduced to 2 - meaning, any weapon that deals 2 hits will instant KO such as metal bats, knuckle dusters, etc. Additionally, you roll 75 instead of 150. Your character just got the wind knocked out of them, they’re not where near as strong.

Besides that.. it’s really just the same thing as us having 4 KO points which used to be a thing before. There’s no huge difference other than time.

CTC0

Level 25
CTC0
CTC0
Notable
I personally think it's ok the way it already is, adding your suggestion would take away the thrill of combatRP that makes it so fun in the first place

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

Users who are viewing this thread