mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Serutography: Log Five

soda

Level 12
DISCLAIMER!!:

Hi, my name is Soda and I'm a player on SRP. These logs are events based on in-game roleplay interactions. Everything here is meant for the sole purpose of entertainment and is not supposed to be taken ICLY. If you enjoyed it, leave a like and a comment too. If you have any questions, shoot me a DM @ soda #8534
SIDE NOTE: WILL BE CONTINUING TO POST IN GENERAL THREAD. HERE IS THE LINK TO LOG FOUR IF YOU MISSED IT: https://schoolrp.net/threads/serutography-log-four.37177/

TIME:
EARLY NOON

LOG TYPE: THOUGHT/EVENT

CONDITION: CONFIDENT!! (?)

OPTIONAL INTRO:
This particular Sunday had its usual explosion at the police department, as well as the crooks in jail escaping in a helicopter. Yep, you heard me right. You've probably already heard about that on the news, though.
Anyways, that wasn't even important. Miyu showed up and we hung out all day. She was doing things that were reeeally mixing me up, like grabbing my arm and dragging me around. But I didn't complain. I enjoyed it. And I feel guilty for it.
But why should I feel guilty? I'm happy. That's exactly what uncle would have wanted, right? Now that I think about it...

~~2 YEARS ago..~~
"You want me to go to this dump of a town? No way, uncle! I'll get stabbed as soon as I get off the train."
He pulled the Cuban cigar out of his mouth, "No matter who you are, you have to go to college and get a job. And this school, while there are lots of criminals, tend to have good classes." He let out a puff of smoke through the 'o' of his mouth and his nostrils as well.
~~Rekigami Fukuroda~~

PERSONALITY: WISE YET CHILDISH

I declared, "I'll just go somewhere else." He tapped his cigar in the ashtray a few times.
"Listen, Seijirou is going to enroll in that school, so you should too. I know a guy over there. As long as you don't pick fights, you won't end up dead. It's a good school. You wouldn't fit any better anywhere else, trust me."
"What do you know about college? You didn't even finish high school!"
He put the cigarette back in between his lips. "And what do you think I tried to do after I got out of the slammer?" He poured some bourbon whiskey into a glass, showing off a lot of rings and such on his hand. "I tried to get back into school. Nobody would take me or Enjunsei. I've looked all over Japan, trust me. Except somehow, I missed that one city."
"I'm not going to college, uncle. It's a waste of time learning things I'll never use in my life, like science or English. I'll find another way to live."
He took his glass of bourbon, walking up to me, and putting his wrinkled hand on my shoulder. He sipped the whiskey, letting out an "aah..." in my face. It reeked of whiskey and smoke. There wasn't anything worse to smell in the world. "I have a feeling that if you go there, you'll find something that'll throw you out of balance. Something worth your time." He burped. Gross.
"What the hell are you talking about, uncle? Did you put green in your cigar, again?"
"I'd never do something like that again after it went terribly the first AND second time." He took another swig of the bourbon, keeping his hand on my shoulder, going on, "Look, you've lived your first seve- eighteen- was it seven? That's not my point. You've been walkin' around complaining about how BORED you are every second you've been alive. Why don't you go out there and make some friends for a change?"
"I don't want to be friends with gangster scum."
"Then avoid them. There's more than just gangsters there, you know. You just gotta open your mi-" He broke out into a coughing fit. Uh oh, not again.
"Back to the hospital, we go. "

My uncle, Rekigami was diagnosed with lung cancer. He was already in the final phases of the lethal disease. He had only two weeks left to live and he didn't want to spend it in a hospital bed, so he prepared a list of the things he wanted to do before he died and did all of those things.
When he came to his final moments, he was shrouded by the sunlight of the afternoon which shined on him majestically through the window, as he sat in his favorite rolling chair. He whispered in my ear, "Seruto." he repeated weakly, "Seruto. No matter where you go or what you do. ."
"What is it, uncle?"
"Live your life. . to the absolute fullest. Find something you can cherish.. forever.."
I hugged his now sleeping body. "Yes, uncle."
On March 9th, 2019, Rekigami Fukuroda died of a terminal illness.

I think I see it now. I think I know what he wanted for me. Uncle didn't have many friends until his older years. He even found a woman he loved right before his final days. Even though he truly lived his life the best he could, I wonder if he wished he could be with that woman.
What he was trying to tell me was to go here and make more friends. More memories. He knows I take after him, and other colleges wouldn't suit me, even if I got accepted. He just wanted me to be happy.
And I think I found it, uncle. That special thing I can cherish. . forever. Well, I'm still not sure. A lot of things could go wrong but, well... I have a feeling my uncle wanted me to find a girlfriend. Someone that I could always have fun around. Someone who genuinely cared about me and that I cared for. Someone that I could walk alongside without losing my independence.
It was Miyu Masayoshi. Almost every minute with her makes me satisfied. When she's happy, so am I. When she's in pain, I want to fight it together with her. I think my uncle wanted me to find out what love really meant. Being happy with someone else is enough for me. When I took her hand, I felt so compelled. It was so natural as if we'd already met in another life. I can't quite put into words what I feel around her. The most simple way to put it is joy.
I remember that one night when we sat at the dock at the beach, watching the endless stars shooting across the sky. So many of them, traveling to an unknown destination.
There was also the night where we talked for hours about life, our families, ourselves.
"I want to travel around the world one day," she said, "But I'm not ready for that, yet."
"I think I'll go on a journey too, yeah. But not yet." I replied. I was being honest. I wanted to go out someday and see what the world had to offer.
She sunk into the couch, looking at me with lazy eyes and muttering to where I could barely hear, "Mm... If I'm not a wasted drop-out by the time this is all over, I think I'll convince you to go with me."
How could I even fathom a thing like that, much less expect it out of her mouth? I almost freaked out. I remember responding pathetically, "Me? You want to. ." I trailed off. My brain was too busy thinking about it. I mean.. traveling around the world with Miyu Masayoshi. That idea really stuck to me, for some reason. It made me want to be her friend forever.
"I mean, it'd be boring if I went alone.."
"Uh. . yeah, true."

Then there was the time where we were sitting outside the base of the lighthouse, on a bench. Well, I was on the bench, and Miyu was sitting on the ground. She likes to do that. I asked bluntly, "Do you think we look like a stupid couple when I hold your hand like that?" what an idiot. I didn't realize how stupid I sounded till after I said it.
"Umm... You don't do the whole love thing, anyway, do you? I guess that means it doesn't matter." It absolutely mattered. I looked away, preparing for the worst as I spoke.
"I decided I'll give it a try... If there's a girl that likes me. So it's probably no use. I just can't think of anyone who'd like a guy like me like that, you know? And there's a girl I like too, so it's a real pain."
"You never told me that you had a thing for anyone. This is new."
"Well, it's a secret. I can't tell anyone, even you."
"Reaaallyy.. why not? I'm a great wing woman." she pouted at me. If only she knew.
"If I told you, you'd totally flip out. No way." I shook my head. If I told her, it could ruin our friendship.
"Whateveerrr.. Have your secrets. I have my own." What secrets? Does she love another man?
Then something sparked inside me. A new fire, stronger and brighter than anything ever before.
"I mean. . if you really want, I'll tell you."
She watched the clouds, "I won't force you."
I felt myself being psyched up. I was going to tell her exactly how I felt at that moment. I could do it. I was GOING to do it. "You." in the blink of an eye, it faded in a flicker. The candles were blown out, just like that. "Are looking nice today, Miyu. . ." I screwed the pooch on that one. She didn't seem to notice, though...
Later on, I realized how stupid it would've been if I said it there. I'll save it for another time. No. next time I see her. I don't know. I can't think straight anymore. I'm just going t-
Close Log.
OPTIONAL OUTRO:

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Hi, everyone, it's Soda. Wow, Seruto is going crazy. I'm kind of excited to find out what's going to happen next, aren't you guys? Thanks for reading and leave a like if you enjoyed it. Thank you for supporting Serutography and I hope to see you on the next log. Have a great rest of your day.

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
yorushika is amazing, surprised me seeing it here. This whole log makes me want to go and actually befriend Seruto instead of lurking in the same space as him twice a week

toranekos

Level 79
vbztr
vbztr
Rich+
AGHHH THIS LOG IS SO GOOD THEY KEEP GETTING BETTER!!! i dont regret making my own logs anymore because it shows both viewpoints which is quirky

Users who are viewing this thread