mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Sewer housing (Yes this sounds dumb I know but hear me out)

fredtastic

Level 14
Community Team
Event Team
fredtastic
fredtastic
Omega+
I'll be completely honest, as much as I would love to see it happen, i'm giving it a -1 solely because of gang turfs.

In the past, turfs have almost always been located underground. It's what makes them unique. If we'd allow players to have sewers housing, what would be a turf's utility?

Idea is good though

Last edited:

markoos

Level 28
I'll be completely honest, as much as I would love to see it happen, i'm giving it a -1 solely because of gang turfs.

In the past, turfs have almost always been located underground. It's what makes them unique. If we'd allow players to have sewers housing, what would be a turf's.

Idea is good though
I can see why you'd be against it for that reason, but I personally think that turns like that would just make it more exciting. Imagine being poor and homeless, so you live in the sewers, the underbelly of Karakura, then you begin to meet others like you, others who are poor and in need of food. So you create a group, you all begin to work as a community to feed each other and keep each other alive. It'd be different from a gang, which normally center on violence and payout than they do on surviving and buying food.

UhmMoe

Level 30
UhmMoe
UhmMoe
Notable

In the past, turfs have almost always been located underground. It's what makes them unique. If we'd allow players to have sewers housing, what would be a turf's.

Idea is good though
I completely see where you're coming from and I won't bash your Idea because we are seeing this from two different perspectives.

Turfs would still be a great part of sewers, and in my eyes, a "Turf" and an "Apartment" are two very different things and in SRP hold two different standings. Whilst "Turfs" is upheld by the fear and conquest of the gang, apartments are known to be housing for everyday players.

But think of it as a chance to roleplay a different scene in contrast to the everyday regular shine of sunshine "Karakura", you'd have the dark uncharted waters of the submerged Karakura. And yes gang turfs are a big part of the sewers but, because of that wouldn't you want more activity down in the sewers as a whole? If nobody but your gang "Allies" are in the sewers that wouldn't give you the chance to use your turf to its full ability, it would leave you to doing primarily planned out things while if people roamed the sewers freely due to their being housing, it would give more chance for spontaneous attacks.

And maybe even since"Turfs" are such a huge factor in my "Flaw" of an Idea, we can make it so the gang that controls that area of sewers regulates the movement in the apartment housing area.

Shadonk

Level 13
Shadonky
Shadonky
Omega
+1 cute idea! I'm pretty sure there is a like a little spot in the abandoned train station thats meant for like homeless people.. it could be cool to put it down there! Ik being homeless used to be a tag so.. slay

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I’m a bit iffy. I think if they’re small spaces with pre decorated interiors that can’t be altered maybe with a bit of storage, then it’ll be fine.

What I don’t want is to look through people’s doors and see some Sakura ahh tea room in the sewers making everything just unrealistic. Sewers shouldn’t be a feasible place in which one can live in soundly. However I do think that rentable spaces similar to beach houses inside the sewers could benefit roleplay down there.

As cam said 14 days and cheap sounds fine, maybe even less depending on the amount of spaces there are.

So yeah I’m very neutral even leaning towards a -1 because I’m not sure how serious players will take this.

UhmMoe

Level 30
UhmMoe
UhmMoe
Notable
I’m a bit iffy. I think if they’re small spaces with pre decorated interiors that can’t be altered maybe with a bit of storage, then it’ll be fine.

What I don’t want is to look through people’s doors and see some Sakura ahh tea room in the sewers making everything just unrealistic. Sewers shouldn’t be a feasible place in which one can live in soundly. However I do think that rentable spaces similar to beach houses inside the sewers could benefit roleplay down there.

As cam said 14 days and cheap sounds fine, maybe even less depending on the amount of spaces there are.

So yeah I’m very neutral even leaning towards a -1 because I’m not sure how serious players will take this.
before I start I just edited the post if you'd like to see it because I do agree with you.

I know that this would be a genuine problem and because of this I went ahead and added examples of what the presets of these housings would look like, I hope that this might change your perspective on the idea as I know where you're coming from. Most people (Not saying all) in SRP don't really understand how to RP out conditions whether that be: Medical, Mental, Physical, or Environmental they seem to not care. And regardless if it is a block game or not I think that it would only be right to make these housings pre-set so that as you said "See some Sakura ahh tea room" doesn't happen.

wethecreature

Level 98
wethecreature
wethecreature
Rich

In the past, turfs have almost always been located underground. It's what makes them unique. If we'd allow players to have sewers housing, what would be a turf's utility?

Idea is good though
what if gang leaders with gang turfs become landlords :o

Users who are viewing this thread