Sharktism

Level 9
Sharktism
Sharktism
Omega+
Sharktism’s Lore Team Application:
8FD07937-C3E1-4AC3-81EF-2F4D33FE7B07.jpg

IGN: Sharktism

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): autisticshark (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team)

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
Yes, I do have a microphone and feel fine speaking via discord in any situation.

Your time zone and current country of residence: USA, CST
Link any previous community team applications if applicable: Sharktism Build Team APP

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team? Yes, I acknowledge and understand that I can and will be removed from the community team at any given time.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.

Mental Health:

Many people struggle from Mental Health and I just happen to be one of those many few, It doesn't take me a while to bounce back but there are episodes where I don't get any energy to get out bed. Counteracting to that statement writing and doing productive things does tend to help me to a certain degree, as well as taking mental health breaks every so often, Saying that does not mean everyday more or so once or twice every two months for my own well-being as things can and do take load out of me as I am human.

Family:

Although there aren't a lot of things that may obstruct my development, there are the few main things such as family events that might take a toll on certain things but won't necessarily affect the work I would be doing on the lore team and the role-play portion of the server. Of course, like anyone, there are holidays and events that may occur where I would be busy from time to time, But I will make sure to make up for it by putting in extra quality work and striving to maintain my peace in the lore team.

Writers Block:

Like many writers, I get Writers block. Although I don't get it often and when I do it doesn't last very long it is still an on-going thing that will affect the work I will strive to do on the lore team, I will make sure to push past these barriers but I will not guarantee there come a time where Writers Block might put me in a state of despair. During these Writers Block, I get something called Lazy Writing, Where if I don't want to do it and If nothing specific comes to mind the quality of my writing will downgrade to a simple and rushed story that might not catch the reader's attention.

Work:

Although I am not professionally working currently I do plan on getting a job, As for now I usually spend about a few hours babysitting, which won't take up any of my SRP time but would distract me from most bits of the writing. Besides that I am a hast writer and come up with ideas and lore aspects quickly so it shouldn't be too much of a problem, But if something were to occur I would make sure it is handled accordingly.

What makes you passionate about writing?: Writing to me is something I can count on during my worst, A form of art that makes me feel warmth. This has been something I've been passionate about since I was younger, In general writing is an aspect that I truly enjoy and I couldn’t imagine myself not fawning over it in the slightest as it has aided me with many things in life and I believe it will continue to do so as I grow old and frail. The main idea is that writing can consist of a multitude of things and different writing styles as well, Writing can be used in anything to bring lively hood to it which is what truly makes me passionate about writing.

I love the thousands of different story ideas people come up with, whether it's in their brain or on paper it’s something truly unique, and a lot of people aren’t blessed with certain skills to write especially for long periods at a time. Writing is a unique way to express yourself with endless possibilities.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?: As previously mentioned, writing has been something I’ve been passionate about since I was very young, consistently writing short and prolonged stories of silly little characters and places I would make up in my mind. I’m a very passionate and creative person when it comes to writing and my experience varies. I've written backstories for people before and SRP has skyrocketed my writing knowledge to an amount I hope to exceed in the future. I have written around ten to twenty short stories that insist on major peaks in character lore and development as well as a long ongoing story with detailed backgrounds and a long character arc. Although I haven’t yet applied for any IC writing jobs on SRP I do plan on it in the future as a way to improve my writing as there is always room for improvement.

In your own words, give your definition of lore: Lore is the art and main aspect of the story, it provides background and knowledge to your writing and is practically holding up the story with unassailable planks and without lore most of it would be seen as monotonous and unnecessary. Lore is complex in many ways with each word tailored to their own which holds great power in any story. Lore can be many, Whether it involves a specific place, character, or culture as it is passed down through generations and includes a variety of aspects that keep things interesting and unique.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES
  1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
  2. There is a 300-1000 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.
  3. The effort and quality of both prompts will be taken into consideration when we accept applications.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

The Church Of The Darkened SUN.jpg
[826 Words]
It was a breezy afternoon in the small town of Karakura, Japan. Each day was just like the others for most, A never-ending curse of the dreadful weeks to come. Due to the beginning of October the Ochiba forest was blaring, the spirits growing more aggravated each and every day. The wind roared with fury, Branches and twigs snatching off the trees as the chaos Karakura faced daily had spread.

Castiel Sidorov being one of the many few to witness such horror, He had just awakened from a long slumber, One that you could get lost in for days. His sister, Amelia Sidorova was nowhere to be found but Ochiba Forest. A place where many disappeared daily, wasting their sorrows with the sound of the spirits as it was an alluring place to behold somewhere one can get lost within one's own self. Upon discovery, a tall majestic-looking male appeared, One that was so apparent you could spot him in a crowd full of giants.

He spoke of many things, his voice dancing along the forest with a strong Russian accent as he whispered about the "Darkened Sun'' A small church that supposedly contained four robed people, All going by different aliases that consisted of “Asmodeus, Baphomet, Moloch, and Krampus.” Amelia was persistent in getting her dumbfounded brother to consolidate with this group. Although Castiel was considered a "Smooth-brain" by many he wasn't completely dense and had his fair share of instants. Like anyone would be, he was hesitant and wanted to evade this conversation entirely.

Amelia refused to back down, She continued to persuade Castiel into merging with this church and was set on ruining her brother's life with something so intense yet so simple. “Yes, He would love to join!" She called out with a gratifying yet condescending tone. The man himself seemed unphased with the actions of these siblings, He proceeded rambling on about the ways of their church and how "You will be free." If the two didn’t know any better, They’d think he was an alien in disguise that was on the verge of taking over their beloved town Karakura.

After many minutes of bickering passed, Castiel Sidorov had finally given in to his sister's persuasion and was now determined to get this over with. He had officially agreed and a new name was bestowed on him, The blackened church had finally found its “Krampus.” Upon agreement the wind strengthened in power, the leaves flowing in every direction and the group grew concerned, The Russian male took it as a sign and was pleased with the results of the forest, a noticeable shift in the group's ambiance caused both Castiel and Amelia to grow eerie and each knew it was time for them to take their leave. Before their departure, Castiel was informed to meet them for their initiation up south in a small apartment complex.

After the intensity of that situation was evaded and they had left Ochiba forest the wind had returned to its usual calm state, and the two siblings were now on their route to meet the rest of the constituents. They found themselves next to the local police department with an abundance of fear overtaking them. Making their way to the top floor they would find an opaque and brisk room filled with four podiums, In the middle is where Castiel was told to stand and where a maroon-red spot that was clearly the symbol for the Darkened Sun glistened as the sunlight from the window peered through. As soon as he made his way inside Amelia was nowhere to be found once more, She had abandoned her beloved brother to a group of strangers that wore long darkened robes and spoke in a monotone voice.

“Woah, This place is. . wicked!” Castiel’s voice was higher than normal, reaching its peak intensity as he shuffled his body around the middle of the floor. The tall Russian man from before had begun to introduce himself as “Baphomet” and the others fell soon after, Baphomet seemed to hold high priority over the rest and began to order them to their podiums. Welcoming “Krampus” to the church of the darkened sun, speaking all at once with the same tone seeming as if they were combined people in the same soul.

As he stood in the middle, Baphomet had handed him one of the robes they all wore. It seemed to have fit young Castiel perfectly standing at mid-length, Baphomet had then handed him an old rustic key that signified his welcoming into the Church and the upbringings of good fortune, Castiel wasn't sure what was in store for his life now. But he certainly rued ever listening to his sister as the rest of the group remained soul-less and yet to find out about who truly resides inside of Castiel Sidorov and for the time being, he would stay hidden until it was time for him to rise again.

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

tHE rumors of monastery path.jpg
[399 Words]

Like all folklore, The rumors that had spread to Karakura Japan in the Ochiba Forest where the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery was located began to change people's outlooks on a once respected and peaceful community. Up above where the Monastery path began was where many questioned their aspects of life, The wind was furious with the people of the shrine and so were the spirits. Not many people understood why as those that functioned at the shrine kept hushed and provided refusal about anything regarding why the spirits were so agitated with the Monastery.

Most believed the truth was yet to come out and once it did cherry blossoms would drift up from the midnight sky and guide those fortunate enough up the great Monastery path to a heaven where the blessed would be laid to rest, And yet some believed that the Monastery path was cursed and anyone who spoke about it would drop down in strength and in health, leaving their loved ones with a never-ending burden to uphold.

Those unworthy to step on the path would face great dangers, Some being rolled down the path with great force and others making it down completely unscathed. The more the spirits were looked down upon and disrespected the more aggressive they had become, Leaving families in a state of loss and horror as many had broken limbs and were left in recovery for days on end. Seemingly drained from all what was left of them, Their hope and their power for living had been completely soaked dry. Their wails filling each hallway of the hospital.

With no will in the matter many people were set on tearing down the path entirely and creating a new way up to the Monastery, Which few knew wasn't plausible and would cause even greater dangers to arise. The forest itself was also in great imperilment and many people blamed it on the animals that resided there, Ochiba was known for its ferocious bear hostilities which left people frightened to even step into the forest.

On nights were the spirits grew furious and the dangers became known the sky darkened and a strong fog would grasp the Monastery, Leaving nothing in its sight as that was the sign that darker days were to come and everyone should be petrified, And it was possible that one day these strange rumors would be laid to rest.

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
DENIED
Thank you for applying. After discussing with the team, we decided to deny your application due to the competitiveness for this role.

For any questions relating to the application, DM rexypoo on Discord with said question. Feel free to reapply and address these factors for the next wave of applications.​

Users who are viewing this thread