players online

Denied shehaw's Janitor Application

Grizzly

Level 24
[OOC section]
In Game Name:
shehaw

School Employee Role you are Applying For: Janitor // Caretaker

How often do you log onto the server?: Every so often, however I plan on getting more active and logging on daily for an hour or two.

Do you have discord? I do.

Do you have a microphone? Yes.

Have you ever been banned, If yes when and why?: I got a few bans on the first map for minor things e.g. entering the opposite genders bathroom or calling JackyJackyOff Jacky Chan.

Can you ensure that you will often come on: Yes, unless I am on holiday or have a specific reason to be offline (if this is so - depending on how long I'm off, I'll alert someone about it).

Do you recognise that you can be ICly fired?: I do.

In as much detail as possible, describe the role of your chosen school employee: The role of a janitor can range from smaller things e.g picking up some rubbish to bigger things such as cleaning up the entire school. Some examples of the expected daily jobs are as follows: Window wiping, cleaning the floors, keeping the rooms clean (this may mean packing away any stuff left behind from previous classes, cleaning the boards etc).

Do you have any past experience in this type of roleplay?: Although I have never really tried the exact role of being a janitor, I understand how to roleplay as an adult or teacher, I also understand the basics of being a janitor so I don't think I'd be a bad addition.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: I have roleplayed (off and on) since the start of 2016, in which, I joined the server. As more rules have been added, I've tried to improve my roleplaying skills. I have also - since then - roleplayed on many other servers (some big, some small). I think overall, I have enough experience to receive a job on this server.

Are you familiar with what your job does? If so, describe it: In addition to what has been said above, I think the role of a janitor is overall vital to the school and can be underestimated. Simple things like playing a football game, or having fun in a science class may be more of a struggle (or not possible at all) without a janitor. For football games etc, the grass will obviously have to be cut, often. As for science classes (or any class in general) the janitors would most likely prepare things (e.g beakers, boiling tubes or Bunsen burners) as well. This role will also set up tables, chairs and more in classrooms or assembly halls.

[Situations]

During a workshift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how do you react?: I would calmly ask for their name, but still be continuing my job. I would then ignore them and continue doing my job as I would any other day. However (if they told me their names), I would later alert a teacher of their behaviour.

You are doing a hazadrous job requested by the School Principal, how do you react?: I would be cautious and patient, as I attempted to do the job. I'd also be somewhat anxious, yet I would not refuse to do the task as it may threaten my chance of remaining a janitor. I would also make sure no one got too close as it would be a safety hazard.

Another school employee is doing something very dangerous on the job or acting out of order, how do you react?: I would watch for a few moments, before approaching them and asking why they are doing it. I would then wait for them to stop (incase it was potentially harmful to others nearby), before proceeding to consult with a teacher of their actions.

[IC section]
Applicant Name: Sheraku Hawzani
Chosen Job: Janitor

Motivation for Joining YHS: I have been looking for a job recently, as I finished my schooling days after A-Levels. I decided to try to find a job that fit me well. Although I never really enjoyed cleaning, in our house it was always an expectation, so I grew up doing it frequently. I never really liked the idea of going to university, so I spent a year travelling (with the funds of my parents), however when I turned 20, I decided to try to find a job. I got a job as a janitor in Shang Hai, although, after 1 year, I decided the school didn't fit me. A fellow janitor mentioned he had worked at a school in Japan a few years prior, and I decided to look into it. It looked quite promising and I travelled to Japan to see it.
The school looked very nice, as did Japan. It seemed like a happy community, and I chose to apply.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?: I have experience, ranging from being a janitor to doing everyday things like cleaning the house. I believe I would bring a positive aspect to the community, and I would be able to carry out most tasks given.
I would try my best to perform to the best of my abilities, and would certainly hope that the best of my abilities is exceptional to you.
My experience would most-likely outweigh that of other applicants. I would work hours to perfect the school, and make everything spotless for students, teachers and families.

Thank you, please consider my application well.

TechJD

Level 43
-You say as of right now you get on every so often. I am not sure exactly what that means as in how many days out of the week/month/etc.
-You say you are going to try and get on every day but I advise that you start being more active like that and then apply for an application. We wouldn't want to hire someone who isn't going to be active.
-The application was decent and you should continue to work on the coloring/spacing/and format to improve, besides that this application was pretty good.

I'm going to have to say denied. continue to become more and more active on the server and retry another time and you'll most likely have yourself a new role. thank you for taking the time in making this application, have wonderful rest of your day.

Users who are viewing this thread