Level 4
szzsss
szzsss
Rich
⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

What is your Minecraft username?:
lurics

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
I do indeed have discord. “isa!#3742” is my tag.

How old are you? (Optional):
N/A

What is your time zone?:
Pacific Standard Time - PST.

Describe your activity on the server:

I consider myself pretty active, as on both my accounts I have roles that require me to. Not only do these roles help me stay online, but I love playing and RPing on the server in general. I find it incredibly fun to do so, and my experience continues to expand the more I log on. Finding new things to do is always so great whenever I try to, and hopefully I get a new experience heading for a role like this.

At the same time, I’d like to acknowledge the fact that I haven’t been super active as of recently, and have been on a break since personal issues have been affecting my life. But if I were to be accepted, I’ll do my best to get back into what I do, and to be as active as possible when I can. Fortunately on the weekends I do what I can to be active, and during the week I'll join when I can later on the day, as I do attend OOCly school which admittedly does affect me as well sometimes.
However, I always do my best to log on if I need to, and whenever I have the time and opportunity to do so.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
N/A

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I acknowledge that I’ll be demoted if I were to become inactive throughout my time as a Shopkeeper.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
[ACCEPTED] https://schoolrp.net/threads/spanish-application.58307/

Unfortunately, I don't have as many applications listed above as I'm still adjusting to the forums pages and the SRP website itself. Hopefully that's okay!

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're in college, specify your degree level):
College [M] [Basketball] (Main account)
[Grade-12] (Account I’m applying with)

Shop Information
JOUHIN NA (1).png
⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

What shop are you applying for?:

I’m applying for either the shop known as Igen’noaru, located next to the Real Estate Agency, or Auffallen, located next to the Penthouse Suites.
Whichever you believe works better is perfectly fine with me!
I’d like the shop to be renamed if that could happen, to ‘Jouhin Na,’ which directly translates to “elegant, refined.”
I chose this as a meaning since this name would symbolize a refined state, or a new shop.

Why do you want to become a Shopkeeper?:

I’d like to apply to be a Shopkeeper since I’ve always been interested in it, ever since I saw it as an application within the SRP website.
While there’s a ton of variety when it comes down to factions, the Shopkeeper one interests me the most as it has so much opportunity for trying lots of different things.

For example, with the Shopkeeper role, you’re basically free to create a whole new business/store for what you deem fit. The role itself extends so far, from being able to create your own concept ideas into an actual form of something else, to producing interesting different products to people who’d like to purchase them. I’m also looking for something new to try out personally, as I’ve bounced around from different types of RPing and whatnot throughout the server, and currently I’m pretty much looking to expand my horizon in how everything works since I’ve never tried out Shopkeeper before. Speaking of which, I’ve never really tried out the faction roles in general, and I feel like Shopkeeper will be a great start to the system. Plus learning about all the things you can do as a Shopkeeper sounds really fun, and I can’t wait to explore everything that’s possible within this faction, and how to help out in what I can do.

I’ve always been curious about how inventory and stocks work, along with how it’s all monitored, and finally how to actually manage everything myself, as I’m aware of how much responsibility the role requires, which I’m prepared for and willing to do my best to accomplish. This would also be a way for me to explore a new way of using a different setup and format, as the Shopkeeper system is entirely unique and different compared to most of the other ones, using a panel and whatnot. I’d love to learn more about how stocks and inventory work, the use of customs, and how to really embrace the familiarity with owning a shop, as I’ve never done it before either.
If I’m accepted, I can’t wait to see what it’s all about.

What do you plan to do with your shop, and what makes it unique?:

Personally, I love what concepts Igen’noaru and Auffallen had and originally stood for, and I’d love to portray that within the shop once again. I’ll do my best to continue what the shop was before, and how it did its very best to represent traditional Japanese culture, and I feel as though this is the perfect opportunity to show that more. I’d love to still provide the tradition the shop was originally aiming for, while also putting in a bit of what I’d like to do as well into the shop itself.

I’ll use the shop in different ways to depict some of Karakura’s lore and history, along with Japanese history itself. The overall main goal is to have it represent Japanese history yet keep a modern-ish look. I'll use various methods of doing this, by using different styles of architecture, varying from a traditional look in an attempt to still keep original roots, while still trying to have a bit of a modernized appearance as that is what Karakura is mainly based on. The shop's going to have this "dream-like" atmosphere to it, where most can come over and take a moment to breathe and relax within it. A really big idea I had that could've possibly went with this was that the shop itself was mainly in a black-and-white color, although have intricate designs all around the place, around with having a lovely pop of color from the beautiful display of lights that'll keep the place have a certain glow to it.

It's the perfect opportunity to let things go for a moment while also checking out some pretty neat cosmetic items in the meantime.

There's also huge ICly motivation, as my character will forever keep coming up with ideas to further incorporate into her shop, along with expanding the production it has and creating new architecture and specifications that it'll be able to represent with time. While she'll add in her own little things, like how she wants to manage the shop and what exactly she can do with it, she'll do her best to make sure the shop still stays distinctive compared to the others.
I don't want the shop to be too strict and formal, so that's why my character will be there to add her twists and lighter tones to it, along with the Staff themselves, since I feel as though that would be the right move when considering what to do exactly with the shop.

What would the design look like? Logo?

Ideally, I wouldn't want the design to be too complex as I feel like too much can potentially mess up the overall look of the place.
Instead, I’m going to aim for a more sleek look, while still attempting to maintain good detail.
I’ll provide some images below.

1683693826452.png 1683775310808.png
Here’s some references for the exterior design. The color scheme would be changed from its usual white-and-blue look, as I’d like to try out a different design for the shop. This design would consist of a darker look, and would be considered more furnished.
It’ll also implement the use of more lights since I believe lights would contrast well with the darker tone I’m aiming for.
With windows involved as well, since they're not that shown in these examples.

1683763826166.png 1683763893378.png
For the image above, that would be the design for a darker-based interior as the outside is supposed to be a darker color. The two examples would be contrasted to keep a more straightforward design. Along with that, the color scheme would change so that it could merge more with the exterior of my shop, and have more of a monotone/black-and-white theme, since that’s what my character would like their shop to look like in her eyes.

1683693086556.png
For the logo, I don’t want to end up overcomplicating it as I’ll be sticking to a simplistic design if possible.
I’ll be going with a simple Ensō symbol, otherwise known as a Zen Circle.
This is known as a symbol of harmony and enlightenment, and I feel as though this could display what the shop is truly representing.

Attire
I'd prefer for there not to be any strict uniforms that the Staff are forced to wear, and instead let it be more free choice. Although it would be preferred if the outfit was somewhat formal, as that is what I believe the vibe of the shop is. However, it's completely fine if not and that is just preference after all.

Advertisement

Application Advert:

" What's up people of Karakura? Today I'm here to announce the first ever application opening for my brand new shop, Jouhin Na.
If you enjoy providing intricate cosmetic items to people looking to check the shop out, trying out something new, or would like to make some sly cash, come check out this shop! If you're interested, come stop by! Can't hurt to check it out. "

Regular Opening Advert:
" Hey hey everyone! Jouhin Na is now open! Some of our brand new luxurious items are up-for-grabs, such as our
Vinyl Record Earrings & Leather Duffel Bag, just added within the shop as of tonight! But yeah. .come check us out if you'd like. "

What will you sell in your shop?:

As I'm still figuring out what exactly to sell, and that the shop itself will still be starting off, I didn't put as many items and put about 3-5 per category.
Otherwise this will most likely change later on.
[WRIST]
Howaito Watch - ¥ 65,000
Rozu Watch - ¥ 55,000
Apple Watch - ¥ 50,000
Shiroi Bracelet - ¥ 50,000
Catholic Rosarie - ¥ 40,000

[HATS]
Horned Hat - ¥ 60,000
Diablo Horns - ¥ 45,000
Black-Chained Cap - ¥ 35,000
Black Cowboy Hat - 35,000

[EYEWEAR]
Wooden Ray-bans - ¥ 50,000
Miu Miu Sunglasses - ¥ 50,000
Kintsugi Black Sunglasses - ¥ 45,000
Silver Framed Glasses - ¥ 40,000
Visage Glasses - ¥ 35,000

[EARRINGS]
World (Planet) Earrings - ¥ 50,000
Purple Butterfly Earrings - ¥ 45,000
Flower Earrings - ¥ 45,000
Celestial Earrings - ¥ 45,000
Fine Line Earrings- ¥35,000

[BAGS]
Sakura Tree Purse - ¥ 60,000
Red Chanel Handbag - ¥ 50,000
Louis Vuitton Bag - ¥ 50,000
Pikachu Backpack - ¥ 45,000
Kirby Backpack - ¥ 40,000

[MISC]
Cane [Z] - ¥ 90,000
Rose Ring - ¥ 90,000
Midnight Butterfly Fan - ¥ 60,000

Custom Items:

While the custom items I’d like to sell will vary depending on
how the system works exactly, I’ll list a few down below.
1683762917702.png
Vinyl Record Earrings

1683774770299.png
Leather Duffel Bag

1683692543991.png
"Starry Wave" Necklace

How many employees do you plan to have?:

There’s quite a few different ways I’d like to organize the applications of my shop. Using the help of the executives, we’re all going to collectively interview everyone ICly who’d like to be hired. These will be set up at specific dates, where we might even dedicate an entire day to interviewing people, or do them individually whenever someone’s free. Ultimately, this would be a big help to deciding the role and qualifications one has, but isn’t completely necessary if the person can’t make it whatsoever. We would just determine their role/experience based on the application alone, which works perfectly fine!
OOCly, they can take a google form that’ll be created by me, along with some management.

There’ll be a total of 15 employees, ranging from Director, Supervisor, or Cashier. I’ll list what they do exactly in the shop below.
The amount of employees will most likely change as time passes.

[1/1] - Director
This role, maintained by yours truly, is meant for managing the shop entirely and making sure every employee and customer alike is provided with enough information and product to attend and purchase anything they’d like. If anyone has a question about the shop, or wants to learn more about it, all you have to do is contact the Director.

[1/2] - Supervisor
Each one can be tasked with something specific, and so far I have a close friend helping me with the business so far. For the overall role of a Supervisor though, one of them would maintain the shop if I happen to run into any OOCly issues, or do emergency openings in case it’s needed. The other will help me with stocks/finances, along with making sure everyone gets a paycheck in the end. I’m looking for at least two in both these roles, so if someone had been working at Jouhin Na for a long time and is considered to be a more experienced employee, they can apply to be one as well if they’d like.

[3/12] - Cashiers
The foundation of the shop itself. The role of the Cashiers is probably one of the most important roles within the shop, if not the most.
They’ll be the ones completing transactions at the register, entering how many items are sold by using the panel, and even answering any related questions to the shop or to anything that has to do with the entirety of it, asked by someone ICly or even OOCly.
And most likely the final number of Cashiers will be 12. So far, I've gotten about 3-4 Cashiers to start out openings with.
If I'm accepted, the google form will be activated as soon as can be, along with completing interviews and advertising them as well.

[0/?] - New Members
The new employees to the shop, or what's known as the Trainees. These will be, as the name states, people who have just got accepted into the shop as a Cashier and need a check-in/review before partaking in any of the roles listed above. Me and/or a Supervisor will help with anything someone needs help with. And since they're newer and are just starting within the business, they won't be required to attend any shifts within the first month of acceptance. The evaluation process will consist of an IC interview if the applicant would like, or the option to stick to just the application form itself and be reviewed based on that. Either of the options work, and Staff shouldn't have a problem at all when thinking over all of this.

How will you manage your shop?:

Employee Management:

Per shift, there’d be at least 3 Cashiers working depending on who’s free at the moment.
If there aren’t many free, this can be shortened, and if there are a lot of people free, it can expand.
Whenever I’m opening up a shift, I’ll be using a discord server to let everyone know one will be started. Originally I was going to use a shift-system format but I’ve come to the conclusion that this ultimately wouldn’t work well depending on everyone’s timezones. Eventually I’d like to do that idea, but for now I want to do my very best to allow everyone to work, and for now, I believe this is the best way to. I wouldn’t like it to be early in the morning for me and to have an opening while it’s really late at night for someone else, so I’ll make sure openings aren’t randomized when I’m going to set one up. However, I understand I won’t be able to exactly set up a specific opening within a certain time as I know there’s always going to be limitations depending on who wants to work, especially depending on their time zone. So that’s why I’d like to use more of a feedback-based scheduling, where everyone can come to me and explain their time zones, and when they’re able to get online if I were to set up an opening. For example, if I opened at around 7PM EST, I’d check in with everyone to see who can make that.

My goal is to open at least 3 times per week, for 12 openings for 1 OOC month.
Otherwise, I’ll change it if most cannot, to where at least 3 Cashiers can make it for this type of scheduling.

Weekly Sales Reports:
For this section, I’ll be the one completing these, or possibly a Supervisor.
These will be to check-up on how the shop is running in general, and to make sure the stock is all up-to-date.
This would also help with managing employee overall wellbeing, and ensuring a protocol.

Inventory and Staff Feedback: This is for staff to let me know how the job’s going for them, and if they’d like any changes within the store/any updates whatsoever.

Supply Needs: In the event where we run low on supplies for a long-term effect, this will be an option to notify me about it as soon as possible, as
I’ll be able to see it through the reports provided.

Employee Policies:
Some important policies will be listed down below for staff.
Please be respectful to everyone, we’re all here to work together! If there happens to be any issues OOCly, please contact me or a Manager to help deal with it together.

Do not steal any of the products or resell them, as this may lead to removal of your role in the shop and possible blacklisting depending on how severe it is.

In order for you to receive your salary for a shift, please pay 50% of what you made to the Shopkeeper to ensure stocks and keep inventory up! This is subject to change.

[!] Do not sell more than 3 items to a singular person! [!] This is to make sure we don’t run out of our supply fast, and so that no one is trying to resell items later on.

Please do your best to arrive at work on time, at least 10 minutes before the shop opens, or let the Director know if you’re going to be working a shift or not.\

As employees are basically paying half of what they make from a shift, as the shop itself is still starting off, a 10% discount will be provided for all Cashiers,
along with a 20% discount for Supervisors if either would like to purchase anything from the shop itself.

Will there be events held for your shop?

While there won't be any main events, I would still like to hold some sort of fundraiser or function as I believe that the space could be used for that sort of thing.
Depending on how far I own the business as well, I'll implement new ideas and events that could possible be used to promote the shop itself.
I’ll list some of my simple ideas below, however these can change if necessary!

— Grand Opening —
The grand showcase of the shop itself. A way to bring the community together to check the place out.
That’s the goal of this event! For the very first opening ever, there'll be displays up for people to view the items, and possibly have Cashiers modeling a lot of the
accessories that could be worn at the register. This will be good way to showcase the brand new shop, and to present what exactly it has in store for everyone.
This would also be the only time there'll be a bit of a dress code for the staff, as formal attire would be preferred for the very first opening. The Director, along with as many crew as possible, will be there to support and provide for anyone who needs it, and for those who'd like to learn more about the shop.

—- Discount Decree —
On this special day the entirety of the store, no matter what item, will be a whopping 20% off! Anyone can come in to purchase anything they’d like to, at a lower price than the usual amount. the shop will be open for quite a while, and anything is open to be purchased during this time. The limit on item purchasing would go up to 8, so more cosmetics can be purchased than ever before. This would be a fun little event for anyone to come over and enjoy.

Fundraiser Function
This is a charity-based event where the shop will be open for quite a while, and anything is open to be purchased during this time. The limit on item purchasing would go up to 8, so more cosmetics can be purchased than ever before. For this event, all the money made from this will go to any sort of fundraiser or place, whether it’s for the factions, school, etc. For anyone who’d like to work during this event, they’ll be paid from my own pocket if they’d like to be paid, but for the most part everyone would be volunteering.

— Secret Event —
The basis of this event is to provide people with just a location and time, and no specific details whatsoever. This leaves a sort of ‘mystery’ vibe, where immediately a lot of people’s interests are piqued as they want to come finds out what the event has in store for them. This also gives me an opportunity to randomize events and make things more enjoyable, as I’ll do my best to fit into everyone’s preference when it comes down to events and what the people want!

Extra
/*You may leave this blank*/

Additional notes about your application:

All the ideas I listed above can most definitely be modified and completely made into something entirely different if necessary.
Same with anything else that doesn’t fit in, I’m happy to change it! These were just ideas I had that may fit with the theme of the shop.
The events were also just concepts that might go with the shop and can easily be changed as well.

As I wasn't sure if adding IC Character information was needed as well, so overall I decided to leave it out if that's okay.
If it's also okay, I'm requesting for my account/character to be 39-years-old please.

Do you have any questions?:
None so far. Thank you for reviewing this, and I hope you enjoyed it!
If you have any questions yourself, feel free to DM me.

Attachments

• Add a heading (5).png
    Add a heading (5).png
    893 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

flowersak

Level 120
flowersak
flowersak
Rich+
DENIED

Thank you for applying but all slots have been filled for this shop as of right now. Your application is amazing, though.
Feel free to re-apply when applications are next open.​

Users who are viewing this thread