Level 50
SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY APPLICATION
───────────────────────────────────────
Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IN-GAME NAME (IGN):

KnotKatz [Alt]
Other Accounts:
DrKatzz
Cattioo (Please check this account for server activity or /seen ^^)

DISCORD NAME & TAG:
KatzLove#1011

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
CST [CENTRAL STANDARD]

LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:
I have learned from this situation and have grown with it, Removing myself from those type of people and just wanting to be Humble. I have reread over the rules and made sure I removed myself from that crowd so this would never happen again.
DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
Yes, I do.
DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
Due to a lack of fun or motivation to get on, I have been a little less active lately, but I have recently wanted to return and join a new fraction that some of my friends are in. When they informed me about Shrine Fraction, it attracted my attention and motivated me to really submit my application.

My usual Activity would be 4-5 hours when I have work [oocly] but I am usually on anytime
when I do have days off which can round up to 5-7 hours on srp.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
Shrine Maiden

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
Ancestors, spirits (supernatural entities), and kami(Sacred Power) are all worshipped in the Japanese religion known as shintoism . In Japan, several of the Kami's have shrines, Worshipped within families, and residences where Shintoism is practiced. Unfortunately, I don't know much about Shintoism, and I'm not a big fan of using Google as my main information source. I have the time and am prepared to study more about this religion.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
As a huge culture nerd, I stand out for this role. Therefore, having the chance to roleplay and having individuals who are already in the fraction willing to teach me and tell me more about this Religion is a significant benefit to me because I find it enjoyable to learn about different people's religions, eating habits, etc. I am also Coachable (being open to asking for and receiving feedback, looking inward at how you can move forward, and being interested in growth.) This means that I am quite open to being corrected when I am mistaken about something, to being shown the proper method to do something, etc. Though it is only a "Pixel" Game, cultures and religions are very much a Serious and Real life thing, and it is only Respectful to fully learn about their culture, religion, etc. if you want to roleplay, use the information or anything else, which I am Fully on board doing and learning more about Shintoim, their beliefs, history, and shrines to be able to roleplay my role correctly on srp.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

Enaki Aki

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Miss
CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):
CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Single
CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
Japanese Nationality
CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:

"I don't have any particular or moral justification for joining Shrine. I genuinely want to be involved. I didn't grow up in a special home or place where I was exposed to shinotism's beliefs. I simply want to be in an environment where I can be in contact with Pure Energy and be around people who are at peace and acceptance. I have studied currently, but have not had any Shinto teachings while growing up, and am now looking for additional information about Kami and spirits.. and seeking well.. more drawn or pulled more into knowing about what others call "Supernatural" but personally just see it as beings who look over the earths grounds and guides us all in our own desinated path, helping us heal. I am wanting to meet others who have similiar interests and teach me more about Shinto, and hopefully being able to pass my own learnings, to others who seek to either become apart of shrine, or just want to learn more about the Religion."

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
"The Shrine was Built in June of 744 mainly surrounding Buddhism, Although Unfortunate Fire burned the shrine down. the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery Has a Kami Named Yama-No-Kami.. Unfortunately, that is all I know and what I could really.. find out about the shrine."
WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :
"Dear Shrine Lead.. Or Also Known as Kannushi.

I am Enaki Aki, and I am currently more than eager to join and be a Shrine Maiden. Unfortunately, I have not grown into a Family that has
Strong Shinto meanings or more of teachings of Shinto Beliefs.. but I have been to the shrine a few times.. and sadly, I was on grounds when no Miko's or Shinkan's were around so I could learn more but, It was my first time feelings a Positive Aura, and Energy. When I continued to see the shrine when I was only down below, It pushed my interests into Shintoism and the more I would put more research into the Religion, it only slowly started to drag me in completely, Everything or.. well to say as much as I currently know Shintoism.. Kami's..Spirits, and much more simply make me want to be
a Shrine Maiden but, that is quite all for now

I hope you have a wonderful Day and thank you for reading this letter.
Sincerely, Enaki Aki."

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):
Enaki was born in the Middle of nowhere.. Small Village side of Japan, She Grew up In an Orphanage, and the only "Home" She ever really knew, The Orphanage, wasn't necessarily special, nor did the Orphanage really give any of the Children the love they needed. The Children were basically somewhere they could stay until they were old enough to leave, In this case, it also mean's Enaki has a very Basic Background, She cooked, Cleaned, The normal Chores, Although she didn't really have any tendency to play around with other children either.. but more like the Motherly Role in friendships and always watched, helped, and nurture the other children until everything was okay. Enaki school life was also very normal, she attended school, Did her work, and Graduated... Through this time period, Enaki did not know who her parents were, why she was left at the Orphanage.. and Most times don't even know why she always looked different than the other Children, but she never took much thought to it, and always just enjoyed being alive, living, and meeting new people. When Enaki
became of age she eventually left that small run down Orphanage and Village, to Karakura. She didn't really have any necessary reason to escape to Karakura but simply it was a town, filled with new things, people, and atmosphere, When She was traveling around Karakura, she took her first steps at the Shrine, and everything was very different to Enaki. She grew up, very .. basic, nothing ever made her mad.. super happy, or anything, Her life was just as normal as a Human but when She felt the Shrine's ground, it was different, She felt such Pure Energy and a Drawing to it, it was weird. Enaki, Eventually started trying to get to know more about the Shrine, since when she grew up. The Orphanage felt like not giving any Idea of Religion a choice, offer, or decision in the Children's Knowledge, So she had to take in all the Studying for herself, Enaki also tried to visit the Shrine, but Unfortunately never made it when any Maidens or Priests were around for any teachings, but she still enjoyed her time at the Shrine by herself. Enaki, purposely but more Accidentally pulled herself into knowing about Kami's, Spirits and etc. When Enaki only wanted to know more but didn't have anywhere to go, She decided to Apply to become a Shrine Maiden and Learn, and Hopefully teach others.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

The Maidens, Usually stay on grounds of the Shrine. The Priests, Are Usually in charge of the Purification rituals and many other things at the
Monastery. Maidens and Priests both Perform Morning and Evening Rituals along with the Normal Ground work on Shrine Grounds.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
You would take the Ladle, and fill it with fresh water, with the movement of your hands you have to make sure there isn't any spillage back into the Basin. You would
move and pour the water into your left hand and then switch the Ladle to your opposite and continue with the right. When you are done, you will then need to cleanse your mouth, Do not take water from the Ladle, but pour water into one of your free hands and sip from that hand, then spit the water onto the ground, Then you will need to clean the Ladle, pour the remaining water down in a certain way so it will pour down the handle.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
(Things that could be Offered: Rice, Rice Cake, Sake, water, Yen)
You would first make sure you have an offering, You would politely give the offering to the Shrine Priest. The Shinto Priest would Purify themselves before completing the Offering to the Kami.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
Prepare a peaceful space where you and your guests can enjoy the tea ceremony. Guests should be seated across from and facing the host. Set up your tools and tea Light some incense if you desire.

Be sure to warm and purify your tools before preparing the tea. Traditionally, this purification occurs during the ceremony itself. The host should pour warm water onto the instruments and the bowls.

prepare the tea, and Serve the tea. Traditionally, only one bowl is used to serve all guests — each guest takes a sip then passes it to the next until it arrives back at the host.

How to drink
There would be a Tea Bowl sitting right in front of you on the tatami mat, while it's facing you. You would pick it up with your right hand and have the bowl in your left palm, with
your right hand- turn the teacup so it is not facing you, then take a few sips and lightly place it back down.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:
Tamagushi : offering made from a sakaki-tree branch decorated with shide strips of washi paper, silk, or cotton.

where these could be used: At Japanese weddings, funerals, miyamairi and other ceremonies at Shinto Shrines, tamagushi are ritually presented to the Kami by parishioners, Shrine Maidens or Kannushi

Ofuda : a talisman made out of multiple materials such as paper, wood, cloth or metal. Ofuda are commonly found in both Shinto shrines and Buddhist temples and are considered to be imbued with the power of the deities or Buddhist figures.

Kagura Suzu : A special ritual tool. They are not used in home worship, or at the kamidana. Usually, they are being used by a priest during ceremony. Especially shrines which enshrine Ameno Uzume no Mikoto, or commonly, by miko.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:

Last edited:

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking your time to apply. As a team we've come to the decision to accept your application. Congratulations on becoming a maiden, if you aren't already, please join the Karakura Town discord and request your roles.

https://discord.gg/E7c2v36bDp

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread